Caribbean Beach Resort Refrub - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Staying in Style: The Resorts/Hotels at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: ALL STAR Vacation Homes
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Princess Dreamer

Concierge Level: 7
Caribbean Beach Resort Refrub

I just read this on Touringplans.com and it said they are doing the rooms with a Nemo theme. Here is the statement found on Touringplans.com.

"The Caribbean Beach Resort has begun a room renovation that is adding an artistic Finding Nemo movie inspired theme to the rooms. Nemo shows up on the linens, wall boarder, and other small touches around the room with his gang of fishy friends.

How a fish from Australia's barrier reef makes any sense at a resort based on the Caribbean is logic beyond us, but the design style is attractive and cute."

I had CBR on our list for next year, now it is going to be a must!!!

MelissaP@CruisingCo.com
Cruising Co. and MouseEars Vacations
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips1972-1974 WDW Off-site 1975 WDW Contemporary 1976-1988 Off-site 2007- 10th Anniversary Trip- WDW All Star Music Resort 2008- 11th Annivesary Trip - Port Orleans Resort, Boardwalk Villas 2009- 12th - Anniversary Trip-September- Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Villlas (Conceirge), Caribbean Beach Resort, Grand Floridian, Disney Cruise Magic 2009 - December-Coronado Springs Resort
Princessdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Hopefully it will not effect our Oct trip to CBR, my DD is not fond of Nemo.
paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 1
It doesn't sound like a good upgrade to me. I think characters like Nemo should be kept at the values.

My Countdown Counting down to: Magical trip to Yacht Club
We just can't stay away
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsOct 2002 AS Sports - Oct 2004 AS Movies - July 2005 POFQ - April 2007 Beach Club - June 2008 Coronado Springs/Polynesian - August 2009 AS Music - August 2011 Pop/Coronado Springs- Oct 2011 Boardwalk- July 2012 AS Sport/POR- Aug 2013 CBR
krisk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

I'm not entirely certain how I feel about this. I mean, I love the Nemo movie -- but I just don't think I like the cross-branding that Disney is doing here. It works at the ASMovie resort, becuase that's all about movies...

Are we leading down a path that will add Lilo & Stitch to the Poly? Mowgli and Baloo to the AKL? The Robinsons to the Contemporary? (And I know those are not precice geographical matches -- but then again, Nemo isn't exactly a caribbean fish!)

Actually, now that I'm typing this -- I AM beginning to see how it could be cool to have some themed hotels after specific films. It could offer a completely immersive experience.

Now, I've just confused myself. I'm not sure I like the idea or not?!

Maybe it's just because I love the Caribbean --- I wouldn't mind if they added the Three Caballeros to Coronado Springs (that's my least favorite resort.)

Last edited by DisneyBri; 07-19-2008 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: Spelling
DisneyBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk11 View Post
It doesn't sound like a good upgrade to me. I think characters like Nemo should be kept at the values.
My Previous Trips2014 - Pop Century (Fall Fantasy Solo Trip), 2010 - USF/Food & Wine Festival, 2009 - Polynesian/Coronado Springs (Desert Flower Tour), 2008 - Wilderness Lodge/Port Orleans-French Quarter (Le laisser le bon temps roulent la tournee!), 2007 - Caribbean Beach (Greg's First Trip), 2006 - Port Orleans-Riverside (Fall Fling), 2006 - Pop Century (Solo Trip), 2005 - Coronado Springs (Holiday Excursion), 2003 - All Star Music/Animal Kingdom Lodge (Summer Tour), 2001 - Offsite, 1999 - Doubletree @ Downtown Disney (Business Trip), 1998 - Port Orleans-French Quarter/Coronado Springs, 1995 - All Star Movies, 1994 - All Star Sports
tio marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 3
Quote:
It doesn't sound like a good upgrade to me.
I agree.

Quote:
Actually, now that I'm typing this -- I AM beginning to see how it could be cool to have some themed hotels after specific films. It could offer a completely immersive experience.

Now, I've just confused myself. I'm not sure I like the idea or not?!
If you're like me, you like the idea, just not at the hotels that are already there. Disney should build some more for this purpose.

Lenny and Abby before dinner at 1900 PF

Looking for all of my previous reports? Click my PTR link.

I've started it! My NEW 2014 PTR UPDATED 7/26 Posts 32 & 33

My Previous TripsAll WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music
CinderAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

So glad I just found this...
DIS Unplugged Disney Blog Caribbean Beach Resort, a sneak peek at the new rooms.
I posted a few seconds ago about CBR's changes.

I actually think its a cute sentiment. They do sort of associate certain things with the themeing of other deluxe and mods... (like you better believe the new Rapunzal movie that takes place in New Orleans will end up being incorporated into PO and they had Pirates stuff all over when we went to CBR the first time) I think its well done. And I think its the idea that there would be fish at the lush tropical resort, not specifically those species of fish with the carribbean. If only they had a Nemo and Friends character meal at Shutters! I think that would be a fab idea!
My Previous TripsWDW: All Star Movies- Jan 2006| WDW: Caribbean Beach- July 2007| WDW: Boardwalk- August 2008| WDW: Polynesian- February 2011| WDW/US: (Off-prop) Rosen Plaza- April/May 2011| DLR: Disneyland Hotel- August 2011| WDW: Boardwalk- October 2011| WDW: Contemporary- December 2012
MyRapunzal is offline   Reply With Quote