CBR Pool Rehab AND ROOM REDESIGN? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Staying in Style: The Resorts/Hotels at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: ALL STAR Vacation Homes
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

CBR Pool Rehab AND ROOM REDESIGN?

Hi all!

You know me... always have the next trip on my mind! lol!

Back story- I am working out hard over here to get in shape for the Princess 5k March 6-8 of next year. I originally wanted to stay at POFQ. However, I recently found the listing of hotels that would have transportation to WWoS that weekend and my choices are ASMo (which we've been to), CBR (we stayed here in 07), or the Poly. Since we've never stayed at the Poly AND its my dream resort I know I don't want to go for that one for a weekend-only stay. And since we already were thinking of the mod level I thought we could save the cab fare it would cost for the back and forth to WWoS for packet pickup and the race itself (and since we couldn't take advantage of the boat rides to DTD in our short weekend stay) by staying at CBR and saving POFQ for a later date.

Soooooo... I was checking out new updates on the whole pool rehab thing and on WDWinfo.com they had some pics of newly redesigned rooms. There is aparently a Nemo theme now? Its ADORABLE! and I was just wondering a couple things...

Anyone hear about this redesign?
Know anything else about it?
Will all rooms be revamped by a certain date?
Does it coincide with the pool rehab on purpose or is it a coincidence only?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! I really can't decide and may leave it up to Rob in the end, but I wanted to see if I could figure out the most up-to-date info as possible!

Thanks all!
My Previous TripsWDW: All Star Movies- Jan 2006| WDW: Caribbean Beach- July 2007| WDW: Boardwalk- August 2008| WDW: Polynesian- February 2011| WDW/US: (Off-prop) Rosen Plaza- April/May 2011| DLR: Disneyland Hotel- August 2011| WDW: Boardwalk- October 2011| WDW: Contemporary- December 2012
MyRapunzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just found this:
DIS Unplugged Disney Blog Caribbean Beach Resort, a sneak peek at the new rooms.
No timeframe info though... anyone have an idea?
My Previous TripsWDW: All Star Movies- Jan 2006| WDW: Caribbean Beach- July 2007| WDW: Boardwalk- August 2008| WDW: Polynesian- February 2011| WDW/US: (Off-prop) Rosen Plaza- April/May 2011| DLR: Disneyland Hotel- August 2011| WDW: Boardwalk- October 2011| WDW: Contemporary- December 2012
Old 08-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

I saw a post yesterday about POTC rooms at CBR.
paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
Community Rank: Legend

There has been talk about both POTC and Nemo themed rooms but I haven't seen any dates yet. The pool is scheduled to be finished in late September.
lukeandbrookesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

The POTC theme will be used in one section of CBR and will be Family suites. They will be done after the Nemo re-theming from what we've read around the net. The Nemo re-theming has started and as of a report last week, 32 rooms had already gotten the "retreatment" then they were supposed to be doing 64 rooms per week until they are all done. The Pool is scheduled to be done mid-Sept which is well in advance of any possible finish date for the Nemo re-theming and reports are that the pool is well ahead of schedule.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Just call me Jooki!

Concierge Level: 6
I had no idea they were going to "revamp" some of CBR's rooms into family suites until I read the thread about the POTC themed rooms.

What I don't understand is why they won't finish the other 1/2 of Pop Century into family suites-why they're doing this with CBR now!!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jookiba View Post
I had no idea they were going to "revamp" some of CBR's rooms into family suites until I read the thread about the POTC themed rooms.

What I don't understand is why they won't finish the other 1/2 of Pop Century into family suites-why they're doing this with CBR now!!
Its funny that you say that because I LOVED CBR.... I think a lot of people complained about the way the rooms looked and whatnot-- and it made me totally nervous when I was going there--- but everything was great for us! I didn't even really think the pool needed an upgrade either. Its our fav pool so far (and judging by the big clown at the BWI pool I think it will stay that way)!
I have a feeling its a business thing-- the whole connection to Pixar that is even more ever-present than it has been in the past. Look at MGM... (I have a feeling Disney's Hollywood Studios may change to Disney-Pixar Studios one day) and I think the themeing at the values it perfect the way it is- with no room for a little pixarization. Maybe there was a deal made somewhere that included a hotel themed to pixar characters or something.
I think, espcially since the weekend we will be there in 2009 is in March, I will stick with my first choice of POFQ, even though I would love to return to CBR one day (the changes scare me a little)! I read somewhere that WWoS has transportation to MGM so we could always bus hop there.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Just call me Jooki!

Concierge Level: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRapunzal View Post
I have a feeling its a business thing-- the whole connection to Pixar that is even more ever-present than it has been in the past. Look at MGM... (I have a feeling Disney's Hollywood Studios may change to Disney-Pixar Studios one day)
I was telling Judi tonight that I wouldn't be at all surprised if they change the name @ CBR to integrate the room changes to the Nemo theming-perhaps CaribbeaNemo Resort?
Old 08-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

thanks for the information!
Old 08-02-2008, 03:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 2
Look at the post by Mares75. Complete with photo links of the new designs & lots of opinions, lol!!
My Previous TripsWDW Aug 2003 LBV Marriott Courtyard, Universal/Sea World/Busch Gardens Aug 2005 Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld, WDW Aug. 2007 CBR, WDW Jan. 2008 POP & WL, Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica Aug 2008 Hyatt Place,Sheraton 4 Points, Hard Rock Hotel & Doubletree Universal., St. Pete Beach Aug 2008, WDW Jan 2009 AKL, WDW Aug 2009 POR & WL, WDW Jan 2010 Poly, WDW Jan 2011 POR, WDW Aug 2011 POR & BC CL, WDW Jan 2012 WL, WDW Aug 2012 AKL CL, WDW Jan 2013 POFQ, WDW Aug 2013 Pop, GF, YC: WDW Jan 2014 POR, And too many trips to count to DL in the 80's.
Sue M. is offline   Reply With Quote