Pop Century Preferred rooms? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Staying in Style: The Resorts/Hotels at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: ALL STAR Vacation Homes
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 07:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Pop Century Preferred rooms?

Does anyone know where I can find a map of Pop Century that shows which rooms are "preferred" rooms? Thanks!

My Countdown Counting down to: 4 Families...7 adults and 19 kids at Walt Disney World!!!
Woohoo!!! We're having fun now!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Polynesian Resort September 2010, WDW ASMovies Jan. 2009, WDW Off Site May 2007, WDW Off Site July '89, WDW Off Site July 82, WDW Off Site July '81
stobaugh6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

No but I will say this we got non preffered room and it was in the 80s section we were right across the parking lot from the buses and main enterance.

LLGMOMMY
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsApril 85' MK and EPOCT w/ Grandparents Feb 04' WDWth DD Feb 05' WDWth DD July 2008 WDW August 2009 WDW
llgmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Concierge Level: 6
I believe the there are room in the 50s and 70s and maybe even the 60s buildings that are preferred. They are usually the ones closest to the main building and often face the pool or main courtyard around the building. I know I've seen a map before, by I don't recall where (sorry!).

PassPorter Guide for the Staying in Style forum
HiddenMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

Just an FYI, we stayed in a preferred room at POP last year (facing the pool) and had lots of noise from the pool area at night. My kids had trouble sleeping because of it. If we stay there again we'll ask for a room not facing the pool area.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 3
http://willcad.org/maps/wdw/resorts/resort_pop.jpg

Celebrating Lenny's birthday at Epcot August 2014

Looking for all of my previous reports? Click my TR link.

Our FROZEN filled TR UPDATED 10/13 POSTS 258 & 259

My Previous TripsAll WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music
CinderAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAbby View Post
Thanks for the map, but I don't think this one shows which areas are preferred.

My Countdown Counting down to: 4 Families...7 adults and 19 kids at Walt Disney World!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Polynesian Resort September 2010, WDW ASMovies Jan. 2009, WDW Off Site May 2007, WDW Off Site July '89, WDW Off Site July 82, WDW Off Site July '81
Old 07-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Let's see if this works. I always get a preferred room at POP. I've never had too much noise, but we are sound sleepers and at the parks aaalllll day.
Good Luck

http://www.willcad.org/maps/wdw/reso...op.pdf#page=02
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAll WDW: 1974, 1975, 1990, 1992, 1993, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 DLR: 2011
lisamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamarie View Post
Let's see if this works. I always get a preferred room at POP. I've never had too much noise, but we are sound sleepers and at the parks aaalllll day.
Good Luck

http://www.willcad.org/maps/wdw/reso...op.pdf#page=02
Thank you, Lisa! That is exactly what I was looking for.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 07-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 5
I don't mean to sound like too much of a novice, nor do I wish to hijack this thread...but...

Like the original poster, I'm planning on going to Pop Century as well. It's my first time at WDW. What differentiates a "preferred" room from the regular rooms? Is it worth the extra money? Furthermore, for all you Pop Century experts - which buildings/rooms are worth asking for? I'd like to be prepared if I can - PS: we are two adults (in our 40's) with no kids going to WDW in May.

~~ Magick is not just for vacations! ~~

My Countdown Counting down to: Holiday Hullabaloo
33 days, 21 hours, 23 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW - May 2011 (POP), Oct/Nov 2012 (CBR),
DisneyWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

We decided on a preferred room because we have 6 children ages 13 down to 1 years old and we plan on spending alot of time in the Hippy Dippy Pool. We are also on the QSDP and will eat quite a few meals at the Pop Century food court. We wanted to be close to everything and we don't want to have a long walk to the buses. If it were just my dh and me, I would not pay the difference for preferred rooms. HTH!

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 07-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

I stayed at the Pop Century in January with my mom in a standard room (Building 2 - 50s) Honestly, with no kids our standard room in bldg 2 was perfectly adequate.

Went again in earlier this month (July) with Mom and brother and his 2 kids (7 and 9). The July trip was a preferred room (Building 1 - also in 50s). No noise at all really (I did request a room not facing the pool) And I must say it was awfully nice to be just that much closer to the bus stops and especially the food court (refillable mugs!).

Overall though, it's really not so big a resort that it would make a big difference.

Returning to my Happy Place with my Disney Partner in Crime - PTR
My Previous TripsPOP Oct '14 : POFQ Dec '13 : GF Oct '12 : POFQ Apr/May '12 : BC Dec '11 : DCL Wonder Sept '10 : POP Jul '10 : POP Jan '10 : Contemporary Aug '09 : WL Mar '09 : offsite Dec '07 : DCL Wonder Sept '07 : Poly May '07 : offsite Oct '06 : YC Dec '94 : multiple day trips as a child
Soarin829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Uncle Duck
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyWitch View Post
I don't mean to sound like too much of a novice, nor do I wish to hijack this thread...but...

Like the original poster, I'm planning on going to Pop Century as well. It's my first time at WDW. What differentiates a "preferred" room from the regular rooms? Is it worth the extra money? Furthermore, for all you Pop Century experts - which buildings/rooms are worth asking for? I'd like to be prepared if I can - PS: we are two adults (in our 40's) with no kids going to WDW in May.

Preferred rooms are generally those in value and moderate resorts that are closer to the the building with checkin/store/food court-restaurant and the main pool.

Don Passporter Co-guide DL:Getting There (and Back) , DL: Making More Magic (Everything Else) , Ask the Travel Agent: Your Q&A, The Locker Room: Sports and Athletics , The Backyard: Gatherings, Meets & Group Travels , Planning Your Disney Cruise Voyage , Cruising Disney Together : Meets and Gatherings , Sharing Your Adventure: Disney Cruise Reports
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsFirst trip to DL 1962; Many subsequent trips to DL (including on the 50th in 2005) 1990 offsite;2002-ASMovies ;2005-POFQ;2006-POP & Mousefest;2007 Disney Wonder POR and Mousefest, 2008 Disney Wonder and Carribbean Beach; 2009 Disney Magic (Western Caribbean) and POP.
duck addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

With no kids I'd stay in a standard room. We like walking so distance from the main building, etc doesn't really matter to us. We did preferred so we could be close to the pool, but in the end we all agreed the noise level wasn't worth the trade-off.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

DisneyWitch when I stay there (I have no kids and I am in my 40's) I always go preferred and ask for the 60's blg facing the pool. I never had a problem with noise from the pools, plus it is so close to the main hall and buses!
I love that bldg!!!

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Vacations - 1987 off site, 1996 CBR, 2000 Poly, 2003 Poly, 2004 Hilton, 2005 Pop, 2007 Pop and Poly, 2009 Pop and Sept. 2010 POR.
lulupethybridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 4
Just stayed at Pop and they lady at the desk told me that preferred rooms are anywhere within 500 feet of the main building. We were in the 50's and it was awesome and quiet, right around the corner from the pool.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Tripswdw 1976 off property, wdw 10/2007 sheraton vistana, disney cruise 12/2008 aboard the Wonder, 7/2010 Pop Century, 12/10 AKL, 3/12 POFQ, 1/13 AofA, 3/13 Disneyland
Pinkyt177 is offline   Reply With Quote