Bed Length in the Pirate Room? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Staying in Style: The Resorts/Hotels at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: ALL STAR Vacation Homes
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 6
Bed Length in the Pirate Room?

My kiddos are begging to stay in the Pirate Rooms at CBR and I admit, I am a bit intrigued. My concern is with the foot-board/bed length. Has anyone slept in those beds with a height of 6 feet or so? I am concerned that my DH will feel 'cramped' in.

Thanks,

Danielle

disneydani - Co-Guide for the Touring the 'World' Forum, Passporter Challenge Forum
disneydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Trekker

If your DH is tall you might want to reconsider this room! From what i've seen other places....
(Photo of a thin mattress on top of a box spring)
http://www.disunplugged.com/wp-conte...br-blog-1a.jpg

Full review from one of those "other boards"
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort Review – A great choice! | The DIS Unplugged Disney Blog
Twitter: pixiemichele
Blog:http://thatdisneychick.com
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW TRIPS: First trip in 1987 (I was 4 years old!) Sept. 2007-POR, Jan 2008-Poly, Engaged at the Castle (Nov 2009), Honeymooned on the Disney Magic (Sept. 2009), July 2009-CSR, September 2009-Poly, July 2010-CSR, Nov 2010-Poly, DL-Feb 2010 (DL Hotel) & April 2010. DCL Sept 2009 (Magic-Western Caribbean) Nov 2010 (Disney Wonder-Bahamian) February 2011 (Wonder-Mexican Riviera)
PixieMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Eileeeeeeen!

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Legend

My husband is 6'1" and he has trouble with the double beds at Disney -- has to sleep diagonally to fit. With the footboard, I've heard the pirate room beds can be challenging.

Eileen
PassPorter guide for Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries and Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans
My Previous TripsSometime in the 70's with mom; 1990 honeymoon; 1994 trip with brother; 2002 Dec - POFQ; 2003 May - ASMovies; 2003 Oct - ASMovies; 2004 May - Pop; 2004 Sept - AKL; 2004 Nov - PORiverside; 2005 May - Grand Gathering #1; 2005 Dec - Mousefest w/Karen; 2006 March - DLR w/Karen; 2006 June - Beach Club w/Karen; 2006 Dec - Grand Gathering #2; 2007 Feb DLR Girls Trip; 2007 Dec - Appetizer trip/Mousfest w/CLT; 2008 Jun - CLT+2 meet the Koenigs; 2008 Dec - CLQ Broken Ankle Tribute; 2009 Mar - Unclenching at POFQ!; 2009 June - Sweating with Friends; 2009 Dec - Sousefest09; 2011 Dec - 3 to a bed; 2012 Jul - Even Eileen! (DLR)
Caldercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

We would not even consider a room that had a footboard that came over the top of the mattress. My husband would not be comfortable at all.

PassPorter Guide for the Staying in Style forum
HiddenMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

Thanks! Guess that is just not a great option for our family.

danielle

disneydani - Co-Guide for the Touring the 'World' Forum, Passporter Challenge Forum
disneydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Thanks for the info.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW and DCL 2008, WDW 2007, WDW 2006, WDW 2005, WDW 2004, WDW 2003, WDW 2002, WDW 2000, WDW 1992, WDW 1980
bwheat2004 is offline   Reply With Quote