drying wet bathing suits/towels - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Staying in Style: The Resorts/Hotels at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: ALL STAR Vacation Homes
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Visitor

Concierge Level: 6
drying wet bathing suits/towels

I'm looking for creative ideas on dealing with wet bathing suits in the resort room. Throwing them over the shower bar always leads to wet floors. We will be flying but I considered packing a small foldable drying rack that can be set up inside the bathtub. Does anyone have any suggestions?
bethlovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Concierge Level: 7
Rinse them and then squeeze them out really well and then hang them on the drying line that's inside the tub (so water goes into the tub not on the floor). Then you can take a hair dryer to the suits if they're still damp in the morning. Another option would be to take them to the laundry room and let them tumble in the dryer.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDL 1990/1993/1996 :: WDW Aug 2003 (offsite) :: WDW Oct 2008 (offsite) :: WDW Oct 2009 Pop Century :: WDW Dec 2009 ASSports :: WDW April 2010 AKL-Kidani :: WDW Oct 2010 ASMovies :: DCL Oct 2010 Western Magic :: DCL Sept 2011 Bahamian Dream :: WDW Oct 2011 SSR :: WDW March 2012 OKW :: DCL Sept 2012 NY to Canadian Maritimes Magic :: DCL June 2013 Alaska Wonder :: WDW March 2014 ASMovies :: WDW Sept 2014 Wyndam Bonnet Creek
unewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 5
I usually let things drip by hanging them on the clothesline in the tub. Once they have finished dripping, (usually before I go to bed) I hang them over the hangers in the closet (there are usually just two of us and we don't really hang much in the closet) to finish drying. I find they dry better that way as I can spread things out more in the closet.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

We usually hang ours on hangers in the "closet" area. I've found they dry pretty well that way - especially when you squeeze all the water out before hanging them up. If your room has a hair dryer, you can use that too.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsSeptember 26, 2004 - CBR/Disney Wonder (Land and Sea Package); March 28- April 4, 2009 - POP Century/WDW - Celebrating Munchkin's 10th Birthday October 8 - 12, 2010 - Howard Johnson Disneyland, CA June 5 - 12, 2013 - Beach Club/WDW
dolphin041599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

We usually bring several of the 3M removable hooks and place them up somewhere in the room or bathroom area to hang our suits up. We ring out as much as we can first and this leaves very little water, and the water ends up in a place where we don't walk too much. You could also bring the suction cup hooks and hang them up in the bathtub.

"Seeking the Sun" January 2013 Trip Report
http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...ip-report.html
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Offsite April 2001, WDW Offsite Jan. 2008, WDW Port Orleans May 2010, WDW Contemporary Dec. 2010, WDW All-Star Music Family Suite Jan. 2013, WDW Wyndham Bonnet Creek June/July 2013, WDW Pop Century Feb. 2014.
jlhill4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhill4444 View Post
We usually bring several of the 3M removable hooks and place them up somewhere in the room or bathroom area to hang our suits up. We ring out as much as we can first and this leaves very little water, and the water ends up in a place where we don't walk too much. You could also bring the suction cup hooks and hang them up in the bathtub.
I wouldn't recommend doing this over carpet. Mold and mildew growth could be encouraged.

Take some clothes pins with you and hang them on the clothes line in the bathroom, with the fan/light on.
Or - If you've got a balcony, hang them off the balcony.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

I roll ours up in a towel, then wring the towel roll and they get pretty dry. Never so much dripping that I'd noticed it.

My Previous Trips1974 w/mom and best friend -- 1976 w/parents -- 5/2002 ASMo DD's 1st visit -- 11/2002 ASMo w/hubby and the Princess (2 trips that year - what luck!) -- 2005 POP holiday trip -- 2006 ASMo w/ DH, DD, B and SIL for niece's graduation -- 2/2009 DLR -- 11/2009 ASMu -- 11/2010 POFQ & 12/2010 POP -- Non-Disney trips: too many to mention
Carousel96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 2
There's a clothes line in the bathroom tub. We use this to hang, or if we have a balcony I'll put the suits on the chairs to dry.
We always bring 2 bathing suites each, so we always have a dry one. They don't take any room in luggage.
My Previous TripsWDW Aug 2003 LBV Marriott Courtyard, Universal/Sea World/Busch Gardens Aug 2005 Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld, WDW Aug. 2007 CBR, WDW Jan. 2008 POP & WL, Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica Aug 2008 Hyatt Place,Sheraton 4 Points, Hard Rock Hotel & Doubletree Universal., St. Pete Beach Aug 2008, WDW Jan 2009 AKL, WDW Aug 2009 POR & WL, WDW Jan 2010 Poly, WDW Jan 2011 POR, WDW Aug 2011 POR & BC CL, WDW Jan 2012 WL, WDW Aug 2012 AKL CL, WDW Jan 2013 POFQ, WDW Aug 2013 Pop, GF, YC: WDW Jan 2014 POR, WDW & Universal August 2014 GF & Portofino Bay, And too many trips to count to DL in the 80's.
Sue M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

If you do use the balcony...do use the chairs, don't use the railings. It makes for a very unattractive view for others. Most resorts won't allow anything hanging on railings, but I'm not sure if WDW has this rule.

We use the clothesline in the tub. And we do bring clothespins usually.

PassPorter Guide for the Staying in Style forum
HiddenMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 5
The Contemporary had a swim suit spinner located in the restrooms going toward the dock area. We discovered this our first day and carried clothes to change into after swimming so I could spin the suits before heading up to our room. We used the towels provided for us, and brought the boys' shark towels (hooded terrycloth bathing suit cover/towel things) - they were small enough that we knew we could hang them on the towel rack in the room. The day we were caught in a July rain shower, I simply took them to the laundry and dried everything in the dryer.

Tour Groups, Weather and an ER trip: Our Trip Report
http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...hday-trip.html
This summer's adventures:
ttp://www.passporterboards.com/forum...y-10-22-a.html
My Countdown Counting down to: Mom's secret birthday trip!
Disney bound
My Previous TripsJuly 2012 Beach Club WDW, July 2010 Contemporary WDW August 1990 Grand Floridian, DL July 1989, WDW 1988 Poly, WDW 1985 Poly , WDW 1980 Disney Vacation Club Condos, WDW 1978 Off-site,
mfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Most definitely roll them up in a towel and wring them. This really does work in getting most of the water out and should allow enough time for a damp dry. I do this all the time.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

I was also going to suggest rolling them up in a towel first to squeeze out a lot of the water. I do the same thing with my hand washables at home.

My Countdown Counting down to: A Princess Party
19 days, 16 hours, 47 minutes
My Previous TripsWDW 1977, WDW 1986, AS Oct 2001, WDW Jul 2002, Celebration May 2008, Celebration Jul 2008, Celebration Mar 2009, Celebration Nov 2009, ASMV Feb 2010, POP Oct 2011, CBR June 2012, ASMu Nov 2012, Celebration March 2013, Celebration July 2013, Celebration Sept 2013, ASMu Nov 2013, Celebration Feb 2014, Celebration May 2014
hockey mom 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMickey View Post
If you do use the balcony...do use the chairs, don't use the railings. It makes for a very unattractive view for others. Most resorts won't allow anything hanging on railings, but I'm not sure if WDW has this rule.

We use the clothesline in the tub. And we do bring clothespins usually.
Yes, we always use the chairs. Not only is it inconsiderate to hang your closes from the balcony rail, they might end up down below on the ground!

When we stayed at POR last Aug I noticed a few people were hanging their suits & towels out to dry on the railings of the public walkway. Not very nice to walk by.
My Previous TripsWDW Aug 2003 LBV Marriott Courtyard, Universal/Sea World/Busch Gardens Aug 2005 Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld, WDW Aug. 2007 CBR, WDW Jan. 2008 POP & WL, Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica Aug 2008 Hyatt Place,Sheraton 4 Points, Hard Rock Hotel & Doubletree Universal., St. Pete Beach Aug 2008, WDW Jan 2009 AKL, WDW Aug 2009 POR & WL, WDW Jan 2010 Poly, WDW Jan 2011 POR, WDW Aug 2011 POR & BC CL, WDW Jan 2012 WL, WDW Aug 2012 AKL CL, WDW Jan 2013 POFQ, WDW Aug 2013 Pop, GF, YC: WDW Jan 2014 POR, WDW & Universal August 2014 GF & Portofino Bay, And too many trips to count to DL in the 80's.
Sue M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
PassPorter Author

PassPorter's Club Passholder
What's this?

I usually wring the item, then hang it for 10-15 minutes. By then, gravity has done its bit. The bottom of the item seems to be soaking wet, no matter how well I've wrung the item previously. Wring, hang, wring the bottom, repeat. Then, if I feel it's necessary, I'll roll it in a towel.

Considering Florida humidity, even towels have relatively low absorbancy - sometimes a change of towels is necessary, too.

Co-Author, PassPorter's Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line, and PassPorter's Disneyland and Southern California Attractions

http://www.passporter.com/
My Countdown Counting down to: Disney Magic Post-Drydock
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsToo many to recall!
Dave Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

I usually pack a couple hook hangers. Looks like a single clothespin or pant hanger clip with a hanger top. I use them to hang suits over the tub. Even with that and the towel process, it still takes them a long time to dry. I think it's just the FL humidity. DD had trouble getting things to dry in a dryer when she lived there.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Tripsover 25 trips to WDW starting in 1972-some with my family, others just with my spouse have stayed at Old Key West x 3, Vacation Villas x2,POR (was still Dixie Landings then), All Star Sports x3, Vero Beach x2, POP x 5

Last edited by sk8mom6; 02-22-2012 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: spelling
sk8mom6 is offline   Reply With Quote