Hotels with the best pools - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Staying in Style: The Resorts/Hotels at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: ALL STAR Vacation Homes
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Hotels with the best pools

Which moderate hotel would you consider to have the best pool area? We like the lazy river at the Hilton and the waterfalls and spas but would like to stay on site this year. Ideas?
2014- Coronado Springs
Claireanddylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Concierge Level: 7
Well, we have stayed at Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, and Coronado Springs--all moderates.
All of them have slides at their main pools or themed pools.
Riverside has the most pools--if memory serves it is 9 all together including the quiet pools and the the main, themed pool. What is great is that French Quarter and Riverside are "sister" resorts, so if you are staying at either, you get to use the main pool or themed pool at both! More bang for your pool buck, so to speak.
French quarter has one pool--the themed pool.
Coronado Springs had both a themed, main pool and "quiet pools" throughout the resort along with a huge spa/hot tub near the main pool.

Our favorite right now is Coronado Springs--for the slide, the nearby playground, and the hot tub. Being the last moderate resort built, Disney got more things right with this one. You can get your mugs refilled near the pool, order food or drinks, and watch your child play in the pool and playground without having to move too far away from your lounge chair or from the hot tub--which is what we have done on multiple evenings. At night, the playground turns into a movie theater with outdoor movies shown.
Now, having said all of that, many of the other resorts offer the same things. . . movies, playground, hot tub, etc., but often they are spread out and not in one convenient location. For example, there is a building between the hot tub at French Quarter and the main pool with the playground across the "street." So, depending on your goal, you could be happy with any of the moderate's pools.

Happy planning! And, welcome to the Boards!
Sailing with Disney!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Summer 1976 with family, March 1984 Senior Spring Break Trip, Nov. 2006, Sept. 2007, Sept. 2008, March 2009, Nov. 2009, March 2010, Nov. 2010, July 2011, March 2012, December 2012, July 2013, July 2014; Disney Cruise Line March 2007--Wonder, July 2008--Magic, Dec. 2009--Magic, July 2011--Dream, December 2012--Dream, July 2014--Fantasy, December 2015--Fantasy; Adventures by Disney (ABD) July 2009; Universal March 2008, July 2014
toddjodybrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks so much! I am so excited to be staying on site this year. My poor OH thinks I am mad because I am a complete disney addict
2014- Coronado Springs
Old 12-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireanddylan View Post
Thanks so much! I am so excited to be staying on site this year. My poor OH thinks I am mad because I am a complete disney addict
You're welcome! No "disney addicts" here on the boards. . . tee hee, just Disney fans!

You are not alone!
Sailing with Disney!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Summer 1976 with family, March 1984 Senior Spring Break Trip, Nov. 2006, Sept. 2007, Sept. 2008, March 2009, Nov. 2009, March 2010, Nov. 2010, July 2011, March 2012, December 2012, July 2013, July 2014; Disney Cruise Line March 2007--Wonder, July 2008--Magic, Dec. 2009--Magic, July 2011--Dream, December 2012--Dream, July 2014--Fantasy, December 2015--Fantasy; Adventures by Disney (ABD) July 2009; Universal March 2008, July 2014
toddjodybrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
We really like Port Orleans. But I agree that the pools at Coronado Springs are great and nicely located! Welcome a"board!"
Disney918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddjodybrent View Post
Riverside has the most pools--if memory serves it is 9 all together including the quiet pools and the the main, themed pool.
Actually, it's 6. There's the main pool, and 5 quiet pools - 2 in Magnolia Bend and 3 in Alligator Bayou. You can see where they are on the map here:

http://www.portorleans.org/images/Po...eans%20Map.pdf
karen63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

We really like the pools in the POR resorts, but in all fairness, we haven't been to the others. We love it so much, we can't seem to stay anywhere else.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

I have never been to CBR but have been to the other mods. Our favorite pool is CSR.
MichaelF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks so much for the info! I have a dilemma!
Now we did once stay in Hilton Bonnet Creek. Loved the hotel, the rooms and pool was something else. The restaurants were expensive but we plan to eat more in Disney next year.
Now I have always wanted to stay on site since the transport seems better and you get the EMH.
Now we were happy with the transport at the Hilton as its comfortable and doesn't get too full. We found it much more reliable too. But, it's not Disney?! Hmmm, I just can't make my mind up. Is it worth the extra 1000 to stay on site?
2014- Coronado Springs
Old 12-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

By far the best moderate pool is at CSR with the DIG Pool-opening ceremony at 10am with the children-jacquar slide-maya look-very large pool-we love it!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW SEPT 2012 BEACH CLUB VILLA WDW SEPT 2010 BEACH CLUB WDW DEC 2009-CORONADO RESORT WDW APRIL 2009-CORONADO RESORT WDW MAY 2007-CARIBBEAN RESORT WDW AUG 2004ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE WDW JUNE 1997 CARIBBEAN RESORT
mike56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 2
Quote:
Thanks so much for the info! I have a dilemma!
Now we did once stay in Hilton Bonnet Creek. Loved the hotel, the rooms and pool was something else. The restaurants were expensive but we plan to eat more in Disney next year.
Now I have always wanted to stay on site since the transport seems better and you get the EMH.
Now we were happy with the transport at the Hilton as its comfortable and doesn't get too full. We found it much more reliable too. But, it's not Disney?! Hmmm, I just can't make my mind up. Is it worth the extra 1000 to stay on site?
The perks you get staying on site:
WDW transportation to parks and the bus stops are much closer to the park entrance then the off site bus. They also run continuously. The down side is they can be crowded at park closing, but not a deal breaker for us.

Ability to get Disney Dining Plan

Parcel Delivery to your resort

Airport Transportation

EMH

Charging Priv. to your KTTW Card (room key)

As for Pools, all the mods have nice main pools, and quiet pools around the property. You won't get a pool like the Hilton Bonnet Creek at a Moderate. For that you'd have to stay at Beach or Yacht Club.

I would just pick the Moderate theming that appeals to you, more then the pool. They're all nice.

When you calculate the difference in prices keep in mind that WDW does put out discounts, usually either free dining or a room discount. Or like this winter a Package discount where both room and dining were discounted. The Stay, Play & Dine Promo. And you may get different promos in the UK then we get.
My Previous TripsWDW Aug 2003 LBV Marriott Courtyard, Universal/Sea World/Busch Gardens Aug 2005 Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld, WDW Aug. 2007 CBR, WDW Jan. 2008 POP & WL, Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica Aug 2008 Hyatt Place,Sheraton 4 Points, Hard Rock Hotel & Doubletree Universal., St. Pete Beach Aug 2008, WDW Jan 2009 AKL, WDW Aug 2009 POR & WL, WDW Jan 2010 Poly, WDW Jan 2011 POR, WDW Aug 2011 POR & BC CL, WDW Jan 2012 WL, WDW Aug 2012 AKL CL, WDW Jan 2013 POFQ, WDW Aug 2013 Pop, GF, YC: WDW Jan 2014 POR, WDW & Universal August 2014 GF & Portofino Bay, And too many trips to count to DL in the 80's.
Sue M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:48 AM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks. Do you think it's worth me waiting to book to see if free dining comes up again?
2014- Coronado Springs
Old 12-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 2
Quote:
Thanks. Do you think it's worth me waiting to book to see if free dining comes up again?
The answer is, it depends! Don't know what time of year you are planning on. You can look on Mousesavers.com search their Chart of Historical Discounts for past dates of the time you are thinking of going to see what discounts were available then. It will give you an idea of what was released and when it was released.

The thing is, Disney has been doing things differently lately, so it's getting harder to predict what discount will be released or when. But it will give you an idea anyway. January is usually free dining, but for this January they released the Stay, Play & Dine. Not free dining.

And as I mentioned you may get different offers.

If you are looking for discounts actively monitor the Disney web site and look under Specials. They book up fast once released. Disney only discounts a certain # of rooms, and not always at all the resorts, French Quarter doesn't get discounted much these days. And when they fill their Quota of discounts, that's it

You may consider booking with a Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. I have used a few online agencies in the past with great success. The great thing about them is that they know exactly when Disney puts out promos, and if it will save you money, will automatically apply it to your reservation.

If you want any info on them PM me.

Also, I book my own airfare, and don't go thru Disney for this. I monitor fares (I use Kayak.com)and book. On seat sales.
My Previous TripsWDW Aug 2003 LBV Marriott Courtyard, Universal/Sea World/Busch Gardens Aug 2005 Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld, WDW Aug. 2007 CBR, WDW Jan. 2008 POP & WL, Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica Aug 2008 Hyatt Place,Sheraton 4 Points, Hard Rock Hotel & Doubletree Universal., St. Pete Beach Aug 2008, WDW Jan 2009 AKL, WDW Aug 2009 POR & WL, WDW Jan 2010 Poly, WDW Jan 2011 POR, WDW Aug 2011 POR & BC CL, WDW Jan 2012 WL, WDW Aug 2012 AKL CL, WDW Jan 2013 POFQ, WDW Aug 2013 Pop, GF, YC: WDW Jan 2014 POR, WDW & Universal August 2014 GF & Portofino Bay, And too many trips to count to DL in the 80's.

Last edited by Sue M.; 12-09-2012 at 12:01 PM..
Sue M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
with Bailey & Jacky
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

You can always make a reservation now and if a promotion (room-only discount or free dining) comes out, you can apply it later.

Author of the e-book PassPorter's Disneyland Paris

My Countdown Counting down to: 7-night Med cruise on the Disney Magic!!!
301 days, 12 hours, 59 minutes
My Previous TripsWDW: 04/2007 (ASMo), 04/2008 (AS, POR, WL), 05/2009 (BCV, AKV - Opening Day!!!, SSR), 03/2010 (BWV, GF Concierge!!!, BLT), 05/2013 (POFQ, POP); DCL: 04/2008 (Wonder, Bahamas), 04/2009 (Magic, Western Caribbean), 08/2010 (Magic in Europe!), 05/2013 (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean); DVC Vero Beach: 04/2008, 04/2009; DVC Hilton Head Island: 05/2013; DL California: 09/2005; DLP: 03/1996 (Sequoia Lodge), 09/1996, 03/1997, 06/2002 (Hotel Santa Fe), 09/2007 (Hotel Santa Fe), 12/2008 (Sequoia Lodge), 03/2013 (Hotel New York); Tokyo DL: 04/1998 /// Non-Disney trips: Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Denmark (Copenhagen), Finland (Helsinki), France (Paris, Cte d'Azur), Germany (Berlin, Munich), Grand Cayman, Great Britain (London, Gibraltar), Italy (Venice, Florence, Pisa), Japan (Tokyo), Lichtenstein, Luxemburg, Mexico, Monaco (Monte Carlo), Morocco (Marrakesh), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Norway (Oslo, Bergen, North Cape), Portugal (Lisbon), Spain (Barcelona, Mallorca), Sweden (Stockholm), Switzerland (CERN, Zurich), Tunisia, Turkey, USA
Disneybine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

We love the pool at CSR!

Dig Site - The Lost City of Cibola (main pool)
buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote