Art Of Animation - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

FREE Shipping & 50% Off E-Books!
FREE MediaMail Shipping on domestic orders in the PassPorter Store until midnight, April 21, 2014. This is a great time to order a new 2014 edition of PassPorter's Walt Disney World guidebook!

You can also save 50% off any of our 15 e-books with code easter!

Details at http://www.passporterstore.com/store/images/freeshipping.jpg

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Staying in Style: The Resorts/Hotels at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: ALL STAR Vacation Homes
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Art Of Animation

Well we Just booked for the 1st week of October. And we are staying in a Little Mermaid room. DGF and I have never been to Disney in October. So any input would be helpful and anything about AOA would be awesome too. Thanks in Advance.
My Previous TripsPOP 2006, POP 2007, POP 2008, POP 2009, POP 2010, POP 2011, POP 2012, 2013 AOA at Disney 2009-2011
disneycast89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 7
October is a great time to visit - the weather is warm, but not usually too hot, and there are loads of fun things happening. Epcot has the Food and Wine Festival, and the Magic Kingdom has the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Enjoy!

I haven't been to the Art of Animation resort yet, but I've heard wonderful things. The food court sounds fantastic, and the pictures look like so much fun.

Have a fun trip!

My 3 beautiful daughters - Sarah (14), Amanda (22), Jennie (21)

CRCrazy your PassPorter Co-Guide for Staying in Style Forum, Going Behind the Scenes, The Backyard, and Disney World Resort Reviews and Ratings
Marie
My Countdown Counting down to: ACDA Cheer National Championships in Orlando!
Go CHEER MAGIC!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW-First trip for our honeymoon to the CR Feb 1986 - then too many to count, but never enough!
CRCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Would like to hear how AOA compairs to Pop where we have stayed many trips.
My Previous TripsHRP 90, 93,95,97,98,2001 ALL AT CB, 2002-WL. In 2003 WL,CB, CS 2004 CB,WL 2005 CB,BC/WL ,2006 PC,WL,PC, 2007 FW, PC, 2008-PC , SS, PC. 2009 Poly. PC ,WLV. 2010 PC,AKL. 2011 & 2013 WL.
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

Concierge Level: 6
We've stayed a Pop Century the last 3 times we've gone. We're going to try out AOA this time. We decided to go with a Nemo suite.

I'm really excited to try the new resort!!
susanktz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

We are going in 6 weeks, we are staying AOA in the cars suite. I have heard that the food court is one of the best counter service in the value resorts. I am looking forward to it so much, I can not wait to see my DD face when she sees it, she loves CARS!
WDW Trip May 2011
Stayed off site
My Previous TripsWDW 2011 Off site GKTW MAW Vacation
bella2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

We love disney at Halloween!!! It's so magical!!! Have a great time!!!
My Previous TripsDisney has always been a part of vacations!!!
cdnmickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Concierge Level: 7
We went last year toward the end of October & spent our first night in the Little Mermaid Room at AOA. We just had to try it out before heading to Caribbean Beach for the remainder of our trip.

I loved, loved the AOA Resort. It seemed like the resort as a whole was smaller than the Caribbean Beach Resort. Everything was nicely within walking distance. The food court was great & the detail everywhere was awesome. We spent hours just walking around the different buildings admiring the way that Disney can make you feel like you are under the sea or out along route 66 within feet of one another.

I will say that the only downfall to the Little Mermaid Rooms was the size. This was the first time we had ever booked a value & moderate resort for our stay & we were really afraid to spend a week at the Caribbean Beach Resort with little tiny rooms. We were so glad when we got to CB to find out that the rooms were much more spacious than the Little Mermaid rooms. I will say that we were traveling with quite a large amount of luggage: 4 carry ons & 2 large check bags. Because we were following our week at Disney with a week long Dis cruise. So we had to have Halloween costumes, formal wear & pirate night dress.

Even though we felt cramped in the Little Mermaid rooms, we still really enjoyed our time at the AOA resort. It was amazing to see all of the detail that Disney put everywhere. Weather you look up or down at the ground you will find the most amazing detail & you will notice something new each time you leave your room.

We are already starting to plan our October 2013 trip. I am not sure if we will spend the money for the Halloween party again, but it was fun to experience once. We will be going with my husband's folks as a family of 6, but I think we will book a moderate resort only because I am not sure how large the AOA suites are & we will be eligible for free dining if it is offered. (fingers crossed).

Planning a trip to WDW is like planning a wedding... If you expect things to be flawless, you will be sadly disappointed. If you know that there will be less than perfect times & decide to just laugh them off, then you will be excited when you find the magic all around you.
My Countdown Counting down to: Disney World, Universal Studios, Seaworld, Legoland...
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Port Orleans Riverside Halloween 2012 along with Universal Orlando Royal Pacific, Legoland and Seaworld. Disney Fantasy 7N Western Caribbean Halloween 2012. WDW Caribbean Beach Resort October 2012. DL Fairfield Marriott Halloween 2011. Disney Wonder 3N Cruise December 2010. WDW Contemporary December 2010. WDW Contemporary summer 1998. WDW spring 1986. DL spring 1985.
DisneyOrBustColorado is offline   Reply With Quote