Has Pop Prices Increased? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Staying in Style: The Resorts/Hotels at Walt Disney World
Register


Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: ALL STAR Vacation Homes
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor
 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter
 
trixiedixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 1299 miles from AKV home
Posts: 3,289
Have Pop Prices Increased?

I know with the website prices its hard to tell but it seems to me POP prices have gone up toward AOA prices ..... Its pricing $136 night for May 13,14 2013.... We paid $115 last year both in May and Dec for our few day split stays...

WOW its quoting $177 night for early Dec when we paid $115...

Can anyone tell Im out of points but still want a Dec trip and couple days extra in May...
__________________



A link to our store: http://stores.ebay.com/Collect-Stuff-CollectiblesFollow me on pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/calmomslp247/ Follow me on twitter: pin collector@Mikethepinnut & follow store : Lamb's Collectibles@ColshopS
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW POR July 2008; WDW BWV, AKV-J, SSR July 2009; WDW SSR,AKV-K,POP,ASM,BCV May 2010 WDW SSR, AKV-K, POP May 2012 WDW POP, AKV-K December 2012 WDW SSR, OKW May 2013 WDW POP, DCL MAGIC, OKW May 2014 WooHOO!

Last edited by trixiedixie; 01-12-2013 at 07:14 PM..
trixiedixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 84
Pop has its own personality. It's a very relaxed resort & everything is always clean, fresh, & exciting.

The food court & store are a cut above, the refrigerators are a great addition, the rooms are always clean. The ability to go across the bridge to AoA makes it even more desirable. People are willing to pay that little bit extra to get the lake, one bus, & the all-around happy feel of the resort!
__________________
We LOVE Pop, POR, & POFQ!
I Love Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator
 
Roxie2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ponchatoula, Louisiana
Concierge Level: 5
Posts: 6,033
WOW!!! Maybe that is just Peak Season prices...
__________________
Roxanne


My Countdown Counting down to: PLANNING A WONDERFUL FAMILY TRIP!!
66 days, 18 hours, 37 minutes
My Previous TripsNOVEMBER 1994-LARSON'S LODGE/NOVEMBER 1996-LARSON'S LODGE/JULY 1998-LARSON'S LODGE/ OCTOBER 2008 -POP CENTURY/ 2010- POP CENTURY/SEPTEMBER 2014 SEPTEMBER 2012-POP CENTURY/OCTOBER 2013-POP CENTURY
Roxie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter
 
trixiedixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 1299 miles from AKV home
Posts: 3,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Pluto View Post
Pop has its own personality. It's a very relaxed resort & everything is always clean, fresh, & exciting.

The food court & store are a cut above, the refrigerators are a great addition, the rooms are always clean. The ability to go across the bridge to AoA makes it even more desirable. People are willing to pay that little bit extra to get the lake, one bus, & the all-around happy feel of the resort!
Well - Ive been to POP many times and have never paid over $115-$120 and yes I love it and it is relaxing but an increase of $62 a night REALLY??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie2006 View Post
WOW!!! Maybe that is just Peak Season prices...

Well - Ive been to POP many times and have never paid over $115-$120 In Late May and in Early Dec so I dont think that it is peak season...... I think we are looking at major price increase - or trend to get people to book dining plans? Im not sure...
__________________



A link to our store: http://stores.ebay.com/Collect-Stuff-CollectiblesFollow me on pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/calmomslp247/ Follow me on twitter: pin collector@Mikethepinnut & follow store : Lamb's Collectibles@ColshopS
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW POR July 2008; WDW BWV, AKV-J, SSR July 2009; WDW SSR,AKV-K,POP,ASM,BCV May 2010 WDW SSR, AKV-K, POP May 2012 WDW POP, AKV-K December 2012 WDW SSR, OKW May 2013 WDW POP, DCL MAGIC, OKW May 2014 WooHOO!
trixiedixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder


What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer
 
CRCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Whitefield, NH
Concierge Level: 7
Posts: 13,057
Pop Century's prices have increased a bit over the All-Star resort pricing. Over the last few years, Disney has really worked the pricing strategy, so that now there are many more price points than there used to be. Back in the day, it was one price for value rooms during a particular season, one for the moderates, and even the deluxes ran prettty consistent pricing. Now the price changes for the day of the week, the category of the room (and there are many more levels than previously), and the particular resort as well.

I think they did this because they can get the money. Many people are willing to pay a 10-15 dollar per night premium to stay at Pop Century over the older, more remote, All Star resorts.

Similarly - they have changed the pricing scales for the moderate resorts - Port Orleans French Quarter has become more expensive than Riverside for the same room categories.

It shows that people are willing to shell out the money to stay in the resort of their choice - Disney isn't going to cut prices unless reservations are dropping off.
__________________

My 3 beautiful daughters - Amanda (25), Sarah (17), Jennie (24)

CRCrazy your PassPorter Co-Guide for Staying in Style Forum, The Backyard, and Disney World Resort Reviews and Ratings
Marie
My Countdown Counting down to: ACDA Cheer National Championships in Orlando!
Go CHEER MAGIC!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW-First trip for our honeymoon to the CR Feb 1986 - then too many to count, but never enough!
CRCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter
 
trixiedixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 1299 miles from AKV home
Posts: 3,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCrazy View Post
Pop Century's prices have increased a bit over the All-Star resort pricing. Over the last few years, Disney has really worked the pricing strategy, so that now there are many more price points than there used to be. Back in the day, it was one price for value rooms during a particular season, one for the moderates, and even the deluxes ran prettty consistent pricing. Now the price changes for the day of the week, the category of the room (and there are many more levels than previously), and the particular resort as well.

I think they did this because they can get the money. Many people are willing to pay a 10-15 dollar per night premium to stay at Pop Century over the older, more remote, All Star resorts.

Similarly - they have changed the pricing scales for the moderate resorts - Port Orleans French Quarter has become more expensive than Riverside for the same room categories.

It shows that people are willing to shell out the money to stay in the resort of their choice - Disney isn't going to cut prices unless reservations are dropping off.
I guess Im upset because POP was such a good place to add a few extra days coming or going to our trips.. I never felt a letdown leaving a Deluxe - it didnt matter because the place is so great, .... but I wont pay $177 for that. I wont stay at All Star till they are refurbed though. Ill put it into points or stay at Buena Vista for half that price.
__________________



A link to our store: http://stores.ebay.com/Collect-Stuff-CollectiblesFollow me on pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/calmomslp247/ Follow me on twitter: pin collector@Mikethepinnut & follow store : Lamb's Collectibles@ColshopS
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW POR July 2008; WDW BWV, AKV-J, SSR July 2009; WDW SSR,AKV-K,POP,ASM,BCV May 2010 WDW SSR, AKV-K, POP May 2012 WDW POP, AKV-K December 2012 WDW SSR, OKW May 2013 WDW POP, DCL MAGIC, OKW May 2014 WooHOO!
trixiedixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter
 
trixiedixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 1299 miles from AKV home
Posts: 3,289
BEWARE
Prices radically shifting? Did this happen before and I didnt know it?
$136 was Pop price for May yesterday
Today $106
Too bad we are broke....
WOWwent to look again and try to do it its back to $136
REALLY In a space of 5 minutes?

I think someone will be job shifted or fired for lack of testing on new site - just a prediction. They fired Jim Lewis for the Aulani debacle....
__________________



A link to our store: http://stores.ebay.com/Collect-Stuff-CollectiblesFollow me on pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/calmomslp247/ Follow me on twitter: pin collector@Mikethepinnut & follow store : Lamb's Collectibles@ColshopS
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW POR July 2008; WDW BWV, AKV-J, SSR July 2009; WDW SSR,AKV-K,POP,ASM,BCV May 2010 WDW SSR, AKV-K, POP May 2012 WDW POP, AKV-K December 2012 WDW SSR, OKW May 2013 WDW POP, DCL MAGIC, OKW May 2014 WooHOO!

Last edited by trixiedixie; 01-13-2013 at 04:56 PM..
trixiedixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder


What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer
 
CRCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Whitefield, NH
Concierge Level: 7
Posts: 13,057
It may be that you are looking in the special offers section when you got the lower price. If you follow the link for special offers, you will get the lower price.

You may be better off calling and speaking to a CM when you are ready to book. I've had great luck that way.
__________________

My 3 beautiful daughters - Amanda (25), Sarah (17), Jennie (24)

CRCrazy your PassPorter Co-Guide for Staying in Style Forum, The Backyard, and Disney World Resort Reviews and Ratings
Marie
My Countdown Counting down to: ACDA Cheer National Championships in Orlando!
Go CHEER MAGIC!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW-First trip for our honeymoon to the CR Feb 1986 - then too many to count, but never enough!
CRCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
yalibrarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Virginia
Concierge Level: 6
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
I wont stay at All Star till they are refurbed though.
Refurbished? We stay at AS Music every year. All the rooms were redone within the past few years. The preferred room we stayed in in late Nov./early Dec. was fresh, clean, attractive and comfortable. It certainly wasn't run down in any way. The All Stars also have mini-fridges/coolers and in-room wi-fi internet access. We kind of like the ambiance, the fully grown landscape, the layout of the whole resort--and the fact that it is so close to our favorite park, Animal Kingdom. Plus, the last McD's on property is right outside the gate.

I have not stayed at POP; we did have dinner at Art of Animation and enjoyed it. We also have stayed at the Swan, a lovely resort, but we really liked our room at Music just as well--and it was way cheaper. But we are perfectly comfortable at Music, so unless our son seeks a change of venue, we will stick with the All Stars, especially given the price difference (listen to those pennies squeal...).
__________________

Nik & his favorite guy Goofy at DHS Osborne Lights
Sandra in Northern VA
My Countdown Counting down to: Our next stay at All Star Music with free dining!
107 days, 20 hours, 7 minutes
My Previous TripsOff-site 1973, 1975, 1984, 1985, 1988. All Star Music 2001-2012; Swan 2011. All Star Movies 2013.
yalibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer
 
disneycast89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Grand Rapids Michigan
Posts: 164
POP is worth it.......
__________________
Our New Resort for 2013...
My Countdown Counting down to: To spending 8 Days At My New Home Art Of Animation!
Under the Sea with Ariel....
My Previous TripsPOP 2006, POP 2007, POP 2008, POP 2009, POP 2010, POP 2011, POP 2012, 2013 AOA at Disney 2009-2011
disneycast89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 35,139
$177 a night for Pop?
__________________
Jim
My Countdown Counting down to: 4th Alaska Cruise
We're Back
My Previous Trips2013 BC, 2013 GF, 2012 BC, 2012 OKW, 2012 BWI, 2011 BWI, 2011 BC, 2010 BC, 2010 CSR, 2010 Kidani, 2009 GCV, 2009 BC, 2008 BWV, 2008 Grand Californian, 2008 BC, 2007 BWI, 2007 POFQ, 2007 Grand Californian, 2006 BC, 2006 POR, 2006 WL, 2005 BC, 2005 BWI, 2005 CBR, 2004 CR, 2005 Poly, 2004 GF, 2004 POFQ 2004 Poly, 2003 Poly, 2003 CSR, 2003 POR, 2002 AKL, 2002 GF, 2001 AKL, 2001 Poly, 2000 CBR, 1999 CBR, 1998 ASMo, 1997 ASMu, 1996 ASMu, 1995 ASSp, 1991 Wyndham, 1989 off site, 1985 Off Site
jimmymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler
 
TinkRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pittsburgh n'at
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiedixie View Post
I know with the website prices its hard to tell but it seems to me POP prices have gone up toward AOA prices ..... Its pricing $136 night for May 13,14 2013.... We paid $115 last year both in May and Dec for our few day split stays...

I am getting $136 per night for this timeframe when I search the Website too. The rates posted range from $136.12 for a standard on up to $166.50 for a preferred pool view room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiedixie View Post
BEWARE
Prices radically shifting? Did this happen before and I didnt know it?
$136 was Pop price for May yesterday
Today $106
Too bad we are broke....
WOWwent to look again and try to do it its back to $136
REALLY In a space of 5 minutes?
Wow. That is not cool. Please don't tell me trying to book a room at WDW is now going to be like booking airfare ... a numbers game where you have to always second guess yourself and wonder if you got a fair deal???
__________________

Visions of WDW dancing in my head ...

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Trips: WDW June '88 (offsite), WDW April '90 (offsite - band trip!), WDW December '01 (SoG), WDW May '07 (POFQ), WDW May '09 (CSR), WDW May/June '11 (CBR), WDW June '13 (POR)
TinkRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter
 
trixiedixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 1299 miles from AKV home
Posts: 3,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by yalibrarian View Post
Refurbished? We stay at AS Music every year. All the rooms were redone within the past few years. The preferred room we stayed in in late Nov./early Dec. was fresh, clean, attractive and comfortable. It certainly wasn't run down in any way. The All Stars also have mini-fridges/coolers and in-room wi-fi internet access. We kind of like the ambiance, the fully grown landscape, the layout of the whole resort--and the fact that it is so close to our favorite park, Animal Kingdom. Plus, the last McD's on property is right outside the gate.

I have not stayed at POP; we did have dinner at Art of Animation and enjoyed it. We also have stayed at the Swan, a lovely resort, but we really liked our room at Music just as well--and it was way cheaper. But we are perfectly comfortable at Music, so unless our son seeks a change of venue, we will stick with the All Stars, especially given the price difference (listen to those pennies squeal...).
All Star Movies Toy Story Section May 2010 is so run down it should be embarassing to Disney - I cant speak to music or sports and should have been specific.
__________________



A link to our store: http://stores.ebay.com/Collect-Stuff-CollectiblesFollow me on pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/calmomslp247/ Follow me on twitter: pin collector@Mikethepinnut & follow store : Lamb's Collectibles@ColshopS
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW POR July 2008; WDW BWV, AKV-J, SSR July 2009; WDW SSR,AKV-K,POP,ASM,BCV May 2010 WDW SSR, AKV-K, POP May 2012 WDW POP, AKV-K December 2012 WDW SSR, OKW May 2013 WDW POP, DCL MAGIC, OKW May 2014 WooHOO!
trixiedixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter
 
trixiedixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 1299 miles from AKV home
Posts: 3,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycast89 View Post
POP is worth it.......
I love POP but I dont see that in one month its worth $62 more a night?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymac View Post
$177 a night for Pop?

Thank You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkRocks View Post



Wow. That is not cool. Please don't tell me trying to book a room at WDW is now going to be like booking airfare ... a numbers game where you have to always second guess yourself and wonder if you got a fair deal???
Exactly I am hoping its growing pains only from the website changes..... otherwise.....
__________________



A link to our store: http://stores.ebay.com/Collect-Stuff-CollectiblesFollow me on pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/calmomslp247/ Follow me on twitter: pin collector@Mikethepinnut & follow store : Lamb's Collectibles@ColshopS
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW POR July 2008; WDW BWV, AKV-J, SSR July 2009; WDW SSR,AKV-K,POP,ASM,BCV May 2010 WDW SSR, AKV-K, POP May 2012 WDW POP, AKV-K December 2012 WDW SSR, OKW May 2013 WDW POP, DCL MAGIC, OKW May 2014 WooHOO!
trixiedixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,211
We like POP too, but I wouldn't pay $177/night for it either. YIKES!
saibot0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Increased Prices for Port Adventures belleandmaddysmom Planning Your Disney Cruise Voyage 4 10-17-2011 09:42 PM
WDW: SeaWorld Orlando Prices Increased (01-08-2009 06:24 PM) PassPorter News PassPorter News 1 01-16-2009 12:18 PM
WDW: SeaWorld Orlando Prices Increased (01-08-2009 06:24 PM) PassPorter News PassPorter News 0 01-16-2009 10:39 AM
Stroller Prices Increased!!! TroianRae Touring the 'World': The Parks at Walt Disney World 9 07-18-2005 10:04 PM
Increased Security? Jennifer2003 Touring the 'World': The Parks at Walt Disney World 3 04-20-2004 01:28 AM

Thank you to our forum sponsor:













Please login or register to hide these ads -- it's free and easy!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.



PassPorter ~ 1998-2014 ~ 16 Years of Making Dreams Come True!
Publishers of bestselling travel guidebooks and proud recipients of 13 national book awards
About PassPorter
About Us
Site Map
Press
Privacy Policy
Images & Artwork
Guidebooks
About
Previews
Buy
Reviews
Updates
Features
News & Updates
Articles
Podcasts
Photos
Message Boards
Newsletter
Concierge Desk
Desktop
Trips
Books & E-Books
Tips
Settings
Customs Office
Register Books
Book Updates
Contests
Checklists
Help & Info
Finding Answers to Questions
Help Desk
Using Your PassPorter Forum
Store Customer Service
E-Mail Us
Follow Us
PassPorter.com Front Page (Updated Daily!)
PassPorter Newsletter (weekly and free)
Latest Posts
Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube Channel
Questions? Check our Site Map and visit our Help Desk to learn how to contact us online, by e-mail, and by phone.
Please feel free to link to this page so that other vacationers can find it.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
(c) 1999-2013 PassPorter Travel Press/MediaMarx, Inc.
Celebrating 15 Years of Making Dreams Come True
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger