Resort ideas - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Staying in Style: The Resorts/Hotels at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: ALL STAR Vacation Homes
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

Question Resort ideas

So I'm back from our Jan. trip to WL and am already thinking ahead to next time (whenever that is! lol). I *loved* WL and would be totally happy to go back there...but hubby wants to try something different, with a little more room. My kids will be at least 9 and 12 by then, so separate beds will be a must. I really loved the way WL felt a little removed and not crazy busy (at least in Jan!). Not sure we could swing a 2 BR villa though. So looking for some ideas for next time - thanks!!
minnie2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

The cabins at Ft Wilderness are great. Look them up on Allears. We love to stay there!
My Previous TripsWDW 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014,WDW Pop Sept 2006; WDW Pop May, 2006; WDW Pop Aug, 2005; Ft Wilderness Cabin Nov 2004; Ft Wilderness Cab May 2003; Ft Wilderness Camp Feb 2003 WDW over 300 trips since 1981
disneynina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
How about the Poly? It has a kind of roughing it in paradise atmosphere and some really cool features that should please kids the ages yours are. Watching Wishes from the lagoon beach, for example.
Her Dotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

Community Rank: Globetrotter

I was going to suggest the Poly, too, especially if you can get something off the rack rates. It's got more space and the day bed thing going for it.

A beautiful day in the neighborhood!
My Previous Trips10/13 - F&W, BCV, SSR [1st stay]; 5/13 - Bob and Cam's Retirement, BWV; 12/12 - Holiday Reunion, BLT; 4/12 - Bob's 65th Birthday Bash, BLT, AKV Club Level [1st stay]; 12/11 - BCF Reunion VWL, BLT [1st GV stay]; 9/11 - Labor Day BCV; 4/11 - VWL [NATREC]; 4/11 - AKV; 10/10 - Epcot F&W Fest BLT [1st stay], VWL [1st stay]; 9/10 - Labor Day BWV; 5/10 - Memorial Day AKV Kidani Village; 12/09 - Sousefest AKV Jambo House; 09/09 - BWV [1st DVC stay!]; 05/09 - PP DoD CR GW and MK View; 12/08 - Mousefest YC Club Level; 4/08 - BWI, POFQ; 4/07-5/07 - WL, Poly MK View; 4/06 - WL OFC; 1/06-2/06 - AKL; 4/05 - BC, POR; 2/04 - AKL; 4/03 - POR; 2/02 - WL, CBR; 1/01 - DxL; 4/00 - DxL, WL; 12/95 - CBR; 11/85 - Offsite; 8/74 - Royal Inn; 6/73 - Offsite; 4/73 - Offsite
LLaffinPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

OKW has the largest rooms of any resort in WDW. It was the original DVC Resort and was built with larger rooms. We are DVC owners, OKW is our home resort and like it there.
MichaelF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 7
If you want to go deluxe, I'd suggest the Poly as well, or even the Contemporary if you can get a room with a daybed. From what I remember, I think the Poly felt larger.

The cabins are also a good choice if you would rather try a moderate. They are also nice and private. Art of Animation would be my next choice. The suites would be larger, have two baths, and give you more space.

Rico: He's not a mutt, he's a "Designer Breed."
My Countdown Counting down to: Our Well Deserved Winter Break
17 days, 12 hours, 56 minutes
My Previous TripsWDW Nov 1987, offsite WDW-April 2007, AS-Movies WDW-Dec. 2007, Contemporary WDW-Jan. 2009, Caribbean Beach WDW-April 2009, AS-Music Family Suites WDW-Dec. 2009, Port Orleans French Quarter WDW-May 2010, Boardwalk Inn WDW-Nov. 2010, Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW-Jan. 2011, Port Orleans Riverside/Polynesian WDW-Oct. 2011, Pop Century WDW - Jan. 2012, Wilderness Lodge WDW - Jan. 2013, Art of Animation and Yacht Club WDW - Oct. 2013, Coronado Springs WDW- Jan. 2014, All Star Sports
JoanneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

The Art of Animation is an excellent choice. The layout is very spacious and the way the sleeping areas work is ideal. The master is spacious with a good sized bathroom. The living space is two areas with one being the dining area converts to a bed. The living room area has a pull out. I have two adult children and they were both comfortable and they both had their own space. So it seemed like each had their own room with out any walls. The location is excellent and direct transportation with one depot. The cabins are nice but there are multiple stops and it takes a while to get where your heading.

Vinnie

Mickey's Travel
www.mickeystravel.com
My Previous Trips91 GF- 92 CB,DL, POL- 93 CT,DL,CB- 94 WL,CB,BC- 95ASSP,WL,POL,CB- 96 DL,YC,ASM,BV- 97 POL,CS, WL,DL,POF-98 WL,CB,ASM,DCL- 99 CS,BI,ASMV,POF- 00 GF,DCL,ASM,CS- 01 POL,CB,,AKL,ASMV, WLV- 02 YC,ASMV,BCV,AKL- 03 WL,CB,GF, POP- 04 CS,BC, POP,CT,SS- 05,POR,WL,CB- 06 POL,POP,AKV, ASMV- 07 GF,WL,CB,DCL- 08 ASM,YC- 09 CS,WL- 10 CT,AKL- 11 WL-12 AOA-13 ASP, WL, DL- 14 POP, DCL, Pol, CS
WDW Vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I have a long time (at least 2 years) to plan, but it's still fun to think about! : )

I really loved how WL felt secluded and tucked away....trying to find that again. I love the idea of the Boardwalk...but think it would be too crowded/congested.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 2
All the MK Resorts, Poly, GF & CR (garden wing is a bit cheaper then tower) all have 2 queens & day bed. So does BC, YC & BWI. We stayed at BC and loved it. The lobby is busy, but the resort area was quiet, yet walking distance to 2 parks. YC lobby is quiet. But WL lobby is busy & loud with WCC too.
We also love WL. It's a great resort.
My Previous TripsWDW Aug 2003 LBV Marriott Courtyard, Universal/Sea World/Busch Gardens Aug 2005 Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld, WDW Aug. 2007 CBR, WDW Jan. 2008 POP & WL, Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica Aug 2008 Hyatt Place,Sheraton 4 Points, Hard Rock Hotel & Doubletree Universal., St. Pete Beach Aug 2008, WDW Jan 2009 AKL, WDW Aug 2009 POR & WL, WDW Jan 2010 Poly, WDW Jan 2011 POR, WDW Aug 2011 POR & BC CL, WDW Jan 2012 WL, WDW Aug 2012 AKL CL, WDW Jan 2013 POFQ, WDW Aug 2013 Pop, GF, YC: WDW Jan 2014 POR, WDW & Universal August 2014 GF & Portofino Bay, And too many trips to count to DL in the 80's.
Sue M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
All the MK Resorts, Poly, GF & CR (garden wing is a bit cheaper then tower) all have 2 queens & day bed. So does BC, YC & BWI. We stayed at BC and loved it. The lobby is busy, but the resort area was quiet, yet walking distance to 2 parks. YC lobby is quiet. But WL lobby is busy & loud with WCC too.
We also love WL. It's a great resort.
Thanks, Sue - I really like the idea of being so close to 2 parks w/ BC/YC/BWI....and my kids will be older, so being close to more "action" might be a good thing. Good thing I have long time to plan! LOL
Old 02-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 7
We love the Poly, partly because even though it's right THERE, it feels like a vacation away from your vacation! Plus, there is the day bed. WL also has Jr. Suites, they have a fridge, a slightly larger bathroom, and a living room with a fold out sofa (plus the 2 queen beds).
You wouldn't necessarily have to get a 2 bedroom villa, you could do a one bedroom. All of them have a sofa sleeper and a chair that converts. Or, you can have a cot brought in. While I have 3 girls, they're all movers in the bed, and none of them like to sleep in the same bed.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
We love the Poly, partly because even though it's right THERE, it feels like a vacation away from your vacation! Plus, there is the day bed. WL also has Jr. Suites, they have a fridge, a slightly larger bathroom, and a living room with a fold out sofa (plus the 2 queen beds).
You wouldn't necessarily have to get a 2 bedroom villa, you could do a one bedroom. All of them have a sofa sleeper and a chair that converts. Or, you can have a cot brought in. While I have 3 girls, they're all movers in the bed, and none of them like to sleep in the same bed.
I was trying to find info on the Junior WL suites on the WDW site...but only see club level rooms? Same thing?

Thanks for the info on the sleep chair and cot....I'd assumed a one BR was out b/c I only saw the sleeper sofa. Nice to know that's an option too! Plus they have kitchenettes, right?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 5
Add another fan of Cabins at FtW Bedroom has bunkbeds and full size double bed a tv and a sink Closet is a bit small. full Size bath Full double sized Murphy in wall of living room and it comes with a Kitchenette (Appliences stove. micro . fridge/freezer all full size) Boat that serves WL also serves FTW Bus transport in campground easy to Navigate and those to other locals easy to access
My Countdown Counting down to: HEATHENS IN THE FORT
21 days, 11 hours, 26 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsFt. Wilderness Oct 88/90/91/95/96/Sep2011 AKL Nov 2013 Ft Wilderness Nov/Dec 2013
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Another vote for the cabins!! They are nice and not "roughing it" at all. Felt very peaceful, clean, and spacious. Would gladly take a water taxi over a bus ride anyhow.,extra magic! Wishes and water pageant are highlight f beach area too!
mouseketeer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

Community Rank: Globetrotter

No, club level rooms are not the same as junior suites.

Try allears.net here: http://allears.net/acc/g_wl.htm

Scroll down to Junior Suites for pictures.

A beautiful day in the neighborhood!
My Previous Trips10/13 - F&W, BCV, SSR [1st stay]; 5/13 - Bob and Cam's Retirement, BWV; 12/12 - Holiday Reunion, BLT; 4/12 - Bob's 65th Birthday Bash, BLT, AKV Club Level [1st stay]; 12/11 - BCF Reunion VWL, BLT [1st GV stay]; 9/11 - Labor Day BCV; 4/11 - VWL [NATREC]; 4/11 - AKV; 10/10 - Epcot F&W Fest BLT [1st stay], VWL [1st stay]; 9/10 - Labor Day BWV; 5/10 - Memorial Day AKV Kidani Village; 12/09 - Sousefest AKV Jambo House; 09/09 - BWV [1st DVC stay!]; 05/09 - PP DoD CR GW and MK View; 12/08 - Mousefest YC Club Level; 4/08 - BWI, POFQ; 4/07-5/07 - WL, Poly MK View; 4/06 - WL OFC; 1/06-2/06 - AKL; 4/05 - BC, POR; 2/04 - AKL; 4/03 - POR; 2/02 - WL, CBR; 1/01 - DxL; 4/00 - DxL, WL; 12/95 - CBR; 11/85 - Offsite; 8/74 - Royal Inn; 6/73 - Offsite; 4/73 - Offsite
LLaffinPlace is offline   Reply With Quote