anyone use an air mattress in pop century? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Staying in Style: The Resorts/Hotels at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: ALL STAR Vacation Homes
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2006, 09:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Visitor

anyone use an air mattress in pop century?

I was just wondering if I could fit a double air mattress in there somewhere? Maybe if I moved the table and chairs? Just trying to find out a definite answer before I bring one.
bridgetb125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Re: anyone use an air mattress in pop century?

Nope It won't fit. Rooms are quite small & the beds are very heavy ( or bolted to the floor), I don't think you would want to try to push them together. Even then it would not be enough space. you might be able to get a twin one in, but It would be tight. The room is meant for 4 pp only. How many were you planning on?
I don't think they have cots for these rooms as they are quite small. I have had a cot put in the POR room & we had to fold it up in the morning to have the space.
coffeechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

I would agree there really isn't enough room even if you move the tables and chairs - as stated above the rooms are quite small
KandJluvdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

There are 5 of us total..me, husband, son 7, daughter 5, and son 22 months. He still counts as an infant that's how we got in there. They will provide a pack and play, but he will only sleep with me so that won't work.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Well there is a good chance that the little guy will be sound asleep when you return to the room & you can put him in the pack & play to sleep & he stay asleep. Another choice might be to get a room at POR where they have a trundle bed for your 5 or 7 yr old to sleep in. WHen are you going, perhaps you could start working on getting the 22 month old to get used to sleeping in a pack & play while at home, then that would enable you to stay in a Value resort & everyone would have a comfortable sleep space. last resort you could try to fashion some type of bedding for one of the kids to sleep on the floor ( sleeping bag) But the rooms are quite small. If you have a stroller & luggage and other things like packages it can get pretty tight.
Good Luck with this
coffeechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

I don't even think he would fit in a pack and play, he is 45 pounds! We'll figure it out I guess. I just don't have a a few hundred to upgrade to a bigger resort, we're leaving in a few weeks.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Concierge Level: 6

I would do one of two things in your situation: I'd either buy a twin size blow-up (I think it will fit by the window) or buy one of those camping pads that roll up--they aren't as soft but take up a lot less space than a blow-up mattress, and bring a sleeping bag to use with it. Don't get discouraged....I really think you can do it either of these ways.
HiddenMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 3

It would be a tight squeeze, but if you're creative and utilize all of the available space (drawers, above the "closet", under the "closet", under the sink, the windowsill) I'm sure a small mat with a sleeping bag like HiddenMickey suggested will work out fine.

Have a fun trip, and enjoy Pop...it's a great resort!!

Jennifer
Jennifer2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

The sleeping bag is a great idea! Good luck!
Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Community Rank: Passenger

We took a twin size air mattress last summer because son 13 and daughter 10 couldn't sleep together. It fit nicely by the window. My husband ended up sleeping on and said it was better than the bed for his back. We just stood it up during the day and had no problem with space.
jajamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Eileeeeeeen!

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Legend

I've taken a twin air mattress to ASMovies several times - it fits between the two beds and also between the bed and the door. We just stand it up against the wall so the maid has room to work.

Tip: when you check in (or get to the room) call Mousekeeping and ask for them to bring an extra blanket, pillow and sheets for the air mattress.

We do this every time the three of us use rooms with double beds because none of us are good sharers! But I recommend investing in a battery-powered pump for the mattress.

Good luck!
Eileen
Caldercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dopey's biggest fan!

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Concierge Level: 7

Welcome to the Boards! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/welcome3.gif[/img]

As lots have already mentioned . . . a double will NOT fit. A Twin, while a tight fit, will work better!
DopeyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 7

Or, could you sleep with the baby and one of the other kids on either side of you, and have DH and the other child sleep in the other bed.
Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Eileeeeeeen!

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

[ QUOTE ]
There are 5 of us total..me, husband, son 7, daughter 5, and son 22 months. He still counts as an infant that's how we got in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's looking for space for one more since she has five in her family.

Go with the air mattress, it works great. In a pinch, we've asked Mousekeeping to bring three blankets and then we pile them on the floor over the two bedspreads. Not the best "bed" but it worked the one time we forgot the air mattress.

Eileen
Caldercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 1

Like the previous post we also used a twin Aerobed and it fit nicely. We just propped it up between the bathroom wall and the bed during the day. It makes a pretty comfy bed. There is an Aerobed that's especially for children: Child's size Aerobed
Luv2golf is offline   Reply With Quote