1-6-13 Question of the Day!! - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter Villa: Sharing the Fun Together > The Sunroom: Fun, Games, and Chat
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wishing I was at WDW!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Concierge Level: 7
1-6-13 Question of the Day!!

I know this has been asked in the past, but I think it has been a while.

What is your occupation?
And, is it your dream job? If not, what is your dream job?

Ann ~ Passporter Co- Guide for The Sunroom , Going Behind the Scenes, Making More Magic and WDW Feasting

My Countdown Counting down to: Zachary comes to Florida for Christmas!!
22 days, 9 hours, 54 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsChristmas 1971 first visit for our family, 1978 River Country and MK (honeymoon), March 1989 first WDW visit for my three sons, Jan. 1996 Poly, Jan. 2000 AS Sport and Disney Institute Bungalows ( now SSR), April 03 AKL, Aug. 04 Pop, April 05 AKL, Aug. 05 Pop and BC, April 06 WL, Sep. 06 POFQ, April 07 Poly, August 07 BWI, October 07 POR, Dec. 07 OKW. Feb. 08 CS, April 08 WLV, June 08 OKW and AKLV, Nov. 08 AKLV (solo trip!), Feb. 09 SSR, May 09 SSR (DoD tour - solo!), Oct. 09 BCV, Jan. 10 OKW for my birthday!, April 10 AKLV, Aug. 10 WLV, Dec, 10 WLV and ALKV., April 2011 POFQ, June 2011 AKLV Club level and Kidani Village, Nov 2011 OKW, June 2012 AKLV, Oct. 2012, CBR, April 2013, BWV, Oct. 2013 VWL, AKL Kidani Village May 2014, WL Aug. 2014, Art of Animation Oct. 2014
Luvsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
I am a development engineer in the Oil and Gas Industry. It is not my dream job but I do enjoy it at least a lot of the time.

My dream job was teaching Maths but I gave that up to do this job as it allows us to be a single income family and have a parent at home for the children. It has also given us great travle opportunities and it pays for a great school for my kids.

My Countdown Counting down to: Weekend in Perth with Graeme and Rory
Exploring Oz
Thomhazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

I work in a finance capacity in Social Services. It is not my dream job, but it is WAY better than the 16 years I spent in banking, and relatively low stress. It makes me able to afford the things i want to do, which is what is most important.

My dream job was to be a performer of some kind, and I have always regretted that when I was young I allowed well-meaning people to talk me out of persuing something that wasn't predictable and secure.

My Countdown Counting down to: My Birthday
Happy Birthday To Me
My Previous Trips9 trips to WDW, 2 trips to DLR, 4 Disney Cruises, and 1 trip to Aulani
Lumieregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
I work in communications for an agency in the public sector and I love my job, but my dream job would be working as a full-time as a travel writer.

Enjoying time with my donkey boy on our holiday visit to Disneyland Paris. The trip report for our Italy road trip also continues.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My Countdown Counting down to: Our weekend away in Longleat
13 hours, 24 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 8 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

I'm a second grade teacher and most of the time I love my job. However there are times I wish I could be an author.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

I work in the call center of an utility company & I'm getting beyond tired of it. I listen to customers we'll say "complain" to put it nicely all day. Management has been forcing us to work 12 hour shifts M-F since the hurricane & no telling when it will end.

Only plus side is it pays really well & is paying off Disney.

My Countdown Counting down to: 6th Trip to Disney!
On vacation!
My Previous TripsJune 2009 @ AKL, Sept 2010 @ CBR, Sept 2011 @ CSR, Aug 2012 @ Poly, Aug 2013 @ POR Royal Room, Aug 2014 @ CBR
PhilsEagles08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 5
I am a DoD contractor doing project management. It's not my dream job, but it is in line with what I went to college for and I do actually love the work.

However, Samantha Brown has my dream job. I really enjoy watching her travel specials on tv and I'd love to be able to do that one day. I actually have two dream jobs. My other dream job would be an Imagineer helping to design the theme of each ride. I've been fascinated with that ever since watching a behind the scenes interview with Joe Rhode on how he went to Asia to research how to decorate Expedition Everest.

Baby's First Trip to the World TR
My Countdown Counting down to: Baby on Board!
Baby has arrived!
My Previous TripsWDW FW July 1987, All Star Resort Nov 2000, BWV Oct 2001, BWV Oct 2002, OKW Feb 2003, OKW Oct 2003, BWV Apr 2004, BWV Nov 2004, OKW Oct 2005, CSR May 2006, OKW June 2007, SSR June 2008, BWV Jan 2011, BWV Dec 2011 DCL April 2012 DVC HHR May 2010 DVC Conciere Collection - Kapalua Bay Hotel Maui March 2002, March 2004 DVC RCI exchange Maui - Nov 2008

Last edited by num1DVCfan; 01-06-2013 at 03:45 PM..
num1DVCfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Legend

I am an RN (registered nurse). Right now, I love my job. I hate the administration we have but there are changes in the works that I hope move the hospital I work for in the right direction. My dream job: well, I think what I really want to do is be a nurse manager! I love the management side of nursing, and think I have a lot to offer. Already told my manager I'm gunning for her job (we have the same degrees!)
Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

I am retired now.....customer service was my job for 24 years. I am a "people person"..so for the most part I did like my job. I am now caregiver for my DH.......not at all a dream job. My dream was to own and run a "bed and breakfast" type inn.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips1996 Polynesian ( our 1st trip..25th anniversary..ours and WDW)_1997 Polynesian_1998 Grand Floridian_1999 Grand Floridian (became DVC members BWV)_2000 BoardWalk_ 2002 Polynesian_2004 BoardWalk (August & November)__2005 BoardWalk_2006 BoardWalk__2007 Old Key West (July) BoardWalk (November)_2008 Old Key West (Jaclyn and Brett..Engagement)_2009 Old Key West_2010 Animal Kingdom (Jaclyn & Brett...Honeymoon)_2011 BoardWalk_2012 Bay Lake Towers (Luke's 1st trip)_2013 Bay Lake Towers...2014 BoardWalk
rella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

I'm a stay at home mom and it is my dream job. Previously I worked at a bank and then ran a home day care, but I really prefer just taking care of my family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 4/25/1/8/2000+ TR (Sept. 7-14, 2013)
Surf & Turf 2014! (February 22-March 6, 2014)
My Countdown Counting down to: Disney Studios Tour/Disneyland 2014
My Previous TripsDLR twice before I turned 5 (don't know exact dates but 1974-78 - off property) - DLR 1990 (off property) - WDW June 1992 (off property) - WDW July 2003 (off property) - WDW May 2007 (Animal Kingdom Lodge) - DLR June 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) - WDW Nov. 2008 (Boardwalk Villas) - WDW Jan. 2010 (Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani) - DLR Oct. 2011 (Disneyland Hotel/Grand Californian Villas) - DLR Feb. 2012 (Grand Californian Villas) - WDW April 2013 (Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo Club Level) - WDW Sept. 2013 (Old Key West) - DCL Feb. 2014 (Dream-Bahamas) - WDW Feb./Mar. 2014 (Beach Club Villas)
TuffyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

My DH and I manage a summer repertory theatre. I don't know if it's my dream job, but I like being able to work with DH and I'm in the field I want to be in. It's certainly never dull. I don't know if I have a dream job; maybe a tumble monkey?

Rico: He's not a mutt, he's a "Designer Breed."
My Countdown Counting down to: Our Well Deserved Winter Break
40 days, 21 hours, 54 minutes
My Previous TripsWDW Nov 1987, offsite WDW-April 2007, AS-Movies WDW-Dec. 2007, Contemporary WDW-Jan. 2009, Caribbean Beach WDW-April 2009, AS-Music Family Suites WDW-Dec. 2009, Port Orleans French Quarter WDW-May 2010, Boardwalk Inn WDW-Nov. 2010, Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW-Jan. 2011, Port Orleans Riverside/Polynesian WDW-Oct. 2011, Pop Century WDW - Jan. 2012, Wilderness Lodge WDW - Jan. 2013, Art of Animation and Yacht Club WDW - Oct. 2013, Coronado Springs WDW- Jan. 2014, All Star Sports
JoanneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'm a payroll clerk. Not my dream job and not even sure what it would be....
mooshcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

Community Rank: Globetrotter

I'm an RN - but retired from direct patient care three years ago. I am officially retired, sort of. I work 16-24 hours a week at two different jobs. One is as the hospital's emergency preparedness coordinator - I try to make certain we are ready for whatever emergency/disaster might come our way. This might be my dream job, if management actually believed that being prepared had some value beyond being able to tell the powers that be that we have a plan! My second job is as a member of the Medical Records department, where I audit charts to make certain that whatever was charged has been documented as being used - in other words that we haven't charged for something that wasn't used! This job is very close to being my dream job - I really like the detective work that is involved in finding out what has been going on! It doesn't hurt that I get to tell people what they have been doing wrong, and help them to improve things.

2013 Scrapbook pages count: 631 / 350
2014 Scrapbook pages count: 60 / 250
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsIFnGF yearly since 08; WDW&DCL Oct 07; DLP 2000; 1st WDW trip 94 - found IFnWF - pilgrimage yearly since; Occ trip to DLR as a kid.
Grandmasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

I am a Hospice Nurse. Definitely the job that I was meant to do.

My Countdown Counting down to: 1st time at Poly
We're there!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsOffsite 1977, 1984- Dixie Landings November 1998- Coronado Springs June 2006- AKL November 2009- BWV/Western Magic/BLT February 2011- Beach Club Villas July 2011- BLT/3 Day Dream October 2012- HHI April 2013- BWV August 2013- And DL too many times to count!
gardengirl628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

My family has been in the Automotive Repair business for years. I started there and then decided to get out of the family business to take another position at an auto manufacturer. Looking back I wished I would have chosen something outside of the auto industry.
MichaelF is offline   Reply With Quote