"08-09" hours comparison - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Touring the 'World': The Parks at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 7
"08-09" hours comparison

I thought that i'd print out sept/oct hours for 2008 as a ref. JUST IN CASE disney pulls the same stunt next month with Sept hours that they pulled with the Aug hours. ( sorry to mention it. I don't want to get everyone fired up agian. LOL)
I quickly compared June 08 with June 09 on the Dis boards and the EMH don't appear to be the same days?? I thought I was being so smart try to beat disney at the own game but sadly it appears I've been foiled. What have others noticed when comparing the hour for making ADR's?

~~Allaina~~
My Countdown Counting down to: Family trip to WDW 2013
My Previous TripsFamily vacations to WDW yearly 1978-1991 (off site)~~WDW March 1993 (off site)~~ First visit with hubby Sept 2008 (POP)~~ POP Sept 2009~~POFQ Sept 2010~~POFQ Sept 2012~~Ditto 2013
Disney Dream'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

The only thing different for me for June was the parks are closing earlier then in past years. But EMH was the same.
My Previous TripsFirst trip to WDW, May 1999 for senior trip. Worked at WDW college program Jan to May 2000. First family trip, June 10-18 2009, ASMO. Surprise trip May 31 - June 7, 2010, Wilderness Lodge. Oct 26-Nov3 POP.
elisa1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Batman's Gal/Mickey's Pal
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 6
Sorry you've been foiled! Hopefully, Disney will learn a valuable lesson from this month and you won't have to worry.

Meeting my favorite Mouse and he talks!

Scrapbook pages completed in 2014 = 259/350 pages

Our most recent WDW Adventures are here A Spring Adventure: Wilderness, Flowers, and the Force PTR (with Cam and Luke)

Cam22 PassPorter Co-Guide: The Darkroom , Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports ,
The Porch , The Library , WDW Touring Plans and Globetrotting: General Trip Reports
My Countdown Counting down to: Fall Trek Home
Heading Home
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsVWL May 2014--SSR October 2013--AKL/Kidani June 2013--CBR October 2012--BWI June 2012--AKV Jambo House/Kidani Village June 2011 -- November 2010 Beach Club -- June 2010 Beach Club -- October 2009 CBR and Gaylord Palms -- June 2009 AKV/Kidani Village -- June 2008 VWL --June 2007 OKW--June 2006 Disney Wonder/SSR -- June 2005 SSR -- June 2004 VWL -- June 2003 AKL -- August 1997 Off Property -- March 1980 Cocoa Beach
Cam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

I sent them an email about my anxiety that park hours for August wouldn't be here in time for my ADR's on Thursday.

I'd like to think I had something to do with them being released! I've noticed that we have 1 am closings instead of 2 am. That's about it without getting into too much detail.

Scarfing down Chocolate Extinction at T-Rex
My Countdown Counting down to: Beach time and Mouse Time
Enjoying another Florida vacation
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsJune 2012 Disney Dream and BWV;June 2011 WL and Vero Beach; August 2010 AKLV;April 2010 Disneyland; August 2009 AKLV; April 2009 Disneyland; June 2008 AKLV; December 2007 SSR; June 2007 BCV; June 2006 OKW; June 2005 WL
WDWJAMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm worried about the same thing. Since we are checking in 10/3 I will most likely have to make ADRs without a schedule on July 5th which has me stressed. I think the problem is the EMH's are proving a bit hard to predict which is maddening for me since I'm trying to avoid the EMH parks for the mornings.
My Previous Trips1971 Disneyland, May 1985 WDW offsite, Dec 2000 All Star Music, Oct 2001 Caribbean Beach, Oct 2003 Caribbean Beach, Oct 2009 Bay Lake Towers, Mar 2010 AKL, Dec 2011 BLT,Oct 2012 BLT,Dec 2013 BLT,Feb 2014 DL GCH,Sept 2015 Aulani
RoonieRooToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Where can you find last years hours to print out? I'd like to do the same thing too, since I'll be waiting for September hours!

My Previous TripsWDW May 2010, Beach Club; WDW November 2009, Wilderness Lodge; WDW September 2008, All Star Music; WDW many times as a child, stayed off site each time except for the one time we stayed at Dixie Landings!
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

I checked August for grins. The parks seem to be closing a little earlier, the EMH days are the with the exception that there seems to be an extra EMH. I checked the MK hours only though!!

Ken

I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for
the child in all of us, whether we be six or sixty.
Walt Disney
Chip and Company website

http://www.facebook.com/disneyforseniors
My Countdown Counting down to: Next Visit To The World
My PassPorter Bookshelf
kbken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Where can you find last years hours to print out? I'd like to do the same thing too, since I'll be waiting for September hours!
I know the site or link has been posted before, hopefully someone will come along and repost it, cuz I'd like to take a look at November's......
My Previous TripsWDW/Pop Century June 2008; WDW/AS Movies Thanksgiving 2009; WDW/Pop Century March 2010; DCL/Wonder to Alaska May 2011; WDW/Vaca Home off property Christmas 2012
B.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

I've noticed just the the parks closing earlier too. I think it's more to save money by not paying the employees and not because they think there will be less people.

My Countdown Counting down to: Doing Disney with Judi and the Gang!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsTo many to count, but they started in August 1972!
Lorraine515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

I get mine off of Intercot. Go to Info Central and scroll down to Parks and it will hove Historical Park Hours. I am not sure if Allears has hours or not.
Hope that helps.

Celebrating a Year of 40's & a Teenager, PTR-Oct 16-24

My Countdown Counting down to: Will I ever make it back to WDW???
Disney with Family!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsJul 2013-DL/CA Dec 2010-Pop Sep 2009-OKW Oct 2007-SSR Dec 2006- Ft. Wilderness April 2005-Offsite DL-Too many times to count
disneydreamer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamer33 View Post
I get mine off of Intercot. Go to Info Central and scroll down to Parks and it will hove Historical Park Hours. I am not sure if Allears has hours or not.
Hope that helps.

THANKS!
My Previous TripsWDW/Pop Century June 2008; WDW/AS Movies Thanksgiving 2009; WDW/Pop Century March 2010; DCL/Wonder to Alaska May 2011; WDW/Vaca Home off property Christmas 2012
B.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #12 (permalink)

Now the last couple of months haven't they expanded hours closer to the actual dates? I vaguely remember that they posted shorter hours before and have been changing them a lot more frequently on the fly now.
My Previous Trips1971 Disneyland, May 1985 WDW offsite, Dec 2000 All Star Music, Oct 2001 Caribbean Beach, Oct 2003 Caribbean Beach, Oct 2009 Bay Lake Towers, Mar 2010 AKL, Dec 2011 BLT,Oct 2012 BLT,Dec 2013 BLT,Feb 2014 DL GCH,Sept 2015 Aulani
RoonieRooToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

I actually did a spreadsheet of '08 hours just last night. (Of course, I can't make ADR's till Sept. 1 for our check in on Nov. 30, but I like to be prepared, just in case I have to 'wing it' like so many others are having to do currently. LOL) I did notice that for the first week of Dec., the days of the week when MVMCP is held are the same this year, minus the Dec. 3 date that was cancelled altogether. So, I'm hoping that everything else is fairly close as well.
Katara81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

The Internet's Largest Unofficial On-Line Guide to Walt Disney World Information | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel

Site Map

DIS Home

Forums
Reservations
Disney News

Photos/Video
Theme Parks
Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom
Disney World Tickets
Park Hours/Fireworks
Disney Maps
Rehabs
more....
Resorts/Hotels
Disney Resorts
2009 Resort Rates
Disney World Packages
Orlando Hotels
Resort Maps
more....
Disney Dining
Menus
Disney Dining Plan
Character Dining
Dining Reservations
more...
Disney Cruise Line
Itineraries/Ports
Staterooms
Dining
Photos/Video
Activities
Discounts
more...
DVC/Timeshare
DVC Resales
DVC Resorts
Newcomers FAQ
DVC Point Charts
Rent/Trade Points
Discounts
Disney Cruise Line
Package Discounts
Tickets Discounts
Resort Discounts
more...
Disneyland CA
Theme Parks
Accomodations
Dining
Photos
Discounts
more...
Downtown Disney
Cirque du Soleil
Disney Quest
Marketplace

Pleasure Island

West Side
more...
Transportation
Town Car Service
Magical Express
Rental Cars
Bus Schedules
Monorail
Driving to Florida
more...
Recreation
Wide World of Sports
Golf Courses
Parasailing/Skiing
Richard Petty
more...
Community
Discussion
Countdown Clock
DIS Team
more...
Universal Orlando
Parks
Resorts
Citywalk
Photos
more...
Site Map

Park Hours, Parades, Fireworks
Walt Disney World Park Hours,
Disney Parades and Fireworks

April
2009Disney April Hours
(Theme Parks, Water Parks,
Extra Magic Hour/sFireworks/
Parades Only

May
2009Disney May Hours
Parades Only

June
2009Disney June Hours
Parades Only

July
2009Disney July Hours
Parades Only

Check Walt Disney World Park Hours
for specific dates

(Format must be MM/DD/YYYY)
Arrival Date:
Departure Date:

Disney World Parades and Fireworks
Jump To:
WISHES - Magic Kingdom
Disney Dreams Come True - Magic Kingdom
SpectroMagic - Magic Kingdom
IllumiNations - Epcot
Block Party Bash - Hollywood Studios
Fantasmic! - Hollywood Studios
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade - Animal Kingdom Electrical Water Pageant - Magic Kingdom area
Resorts
<A class=header-LG-b href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/ep-overview.htm">Magic Kingdom
WISHES nighttime spectacular
"Wishes" Exploding with vivid color, sound and gut wrenching emotion, "Wishes" is the largest fireworks display ever presented at Walt Disney Worlds Magic Kingdom.

The night time spectacular is narrated by the voice of Jiminy Cricket and the Blue Fairy. Guests of Walt Disney Worlds Magic Kingdom are told a thrilling "story in the sky" featuring hundreds of brilliant pyrotechnic effects exploding above and around Cinderella Castle.
Show Details
The Show specifics
Running time: Approximately 12 minutes
Fireworks firing cues: 665
Individual pieces of pyrotechnics: 681 "Wishes" is roughly five minutes longer and several times larger than the long running fireworks show "Fantasy in the Sky," which was previously being shown at the Magic Kingdom.

The Storyline.
"Wishes" With the use of classic Disney songs and well know Disney character voices, guests will be told a story about making a wish come true, accented by using timely choreographed fireworks.
The Cast of "Wishes" features the voices of:
  • Jiminy Cricket , the Blue Fairy and Pinocchio (from 1940's "Pinocchio")
  • Snow White and the Evil Queen (from 1937's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs")
  • Cinderella (from 1950's "Cinderella")
  • Peter Pan (from 1953's "Peter Pan")
  • Ariel (from 1989's "The Little Mermaid")
  • Aladdin and Genie (from 1992's "Aladdin")
  • Tinker Bell, flies from atop Cinderella Castle during a dramatic moment in the show.
The Crew that created "Wishes"
  • <LI class=Text-Standard-sm>Creator/show director: Steven Davison - Davison, creative director with Walt Disney Creative Entertainment, also developed the "Believe...There's Magic in the Stars" fireworks spectacular at Disneyland. <LI class=Text-Standard-sm>Fireworks designer: Eric Tucker - An award-winning pyrotechnics designer whose credits span the globe, Tucker previously designed the fireworks for "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth" at Epcot. <LI class=Text-Standard-sm>Music director: Steve Skorija - As music director for Walt Disney Entertainment, Skorija oversees music production for live entertainment and special events at Walt Disney World Resort.
  • Composer/arranger: Gregory Smith - Smith previously worked on such Walt Disney World productions as "IllumiNations 25" and "Splashtacular" at Epcot, and the "Mickey Mania" parade at Magic Kingdom.
The Music used in "Wishes"
In addition to Gregory Smith's original theme, which is based on the children's nursery rhyme "Starlight, Star Bright," the score for "Wishes" contains portions of 12 songs from 10 classic Disney animated features:
  • "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" (1937) ,
    "Pinocchio" (1940)
  • "Fantasia" (1940)
  • "Cinderella" (1950)
  • "Peter Pan" (1953)
  • "Sleeping Beauty" (1959)
  • "The Little Mermaid" (1989)
  • "Beauty and the Beast" (1991)
  • "Aladdin" (1992)
  • "Hercules" (1997)
The Fireworks
"Wishes" uses several new locations around the Magic Kingdom for launching fireworks that create brilliant bursts of light around Cinderella Castle. The show features new pyrotechnic effects never seen before in a Disney theme park, including several developed especially for this show:

The show's "wishing star" will crest approximately 100 feet above the castle's bright spires.
The Blue Fairy is represented with a spectacular star-shaped shell that "paints" each wish high in the sky with starlight.
"Wishes" was created in honor of the launch of "Magical Gatherings", a celebration of the magic that occurs when friends and extended family members gather at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort in the months to come. The show is designed for a heart-tugging spectacle in the sky that will create lasting memories for everyone to take home with the

Celebrate! A Dream Come True Parade
Celebrate! A Dream Come True Parade is part of Disney's "What Will You Celebrate?" promotion. This parade replaces the Disney Dreams Come True parade.
SpectroMagic1st Debut: Oct. 1, 1991 - 2nd Debut:April 2, 2001
Show Length: 20 minutes.
"SpectroMagic" began its second run at the MAGIC KINGDOM, replacing the "Main Street Electrical Parade" which ended its second run on April 1, 2001.
This parade features Disney characters in sparkling detail, flowing fiber optics, holographic images and old-fashioned twinkle lights.

IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth is the recipient of Amusement Today's 2006 Golden Ticket Award in recognition of being the top evening show in an American theme park
Opened Oct. 1, 1999
Show length: 12 minutes, 32 seconds
A nighttime spectacular where thunderous fireworks and lasers fill the skies above World Showcase Lagoon. Video images are displayed across a giant sphere in the middle of the lagoon that tell the Earth's incredible tale. The sphere then blossoms like a flower, exposing a ball of fire and leads to the shows finale.
Fun Facts - 1,105 firework shells are fired during each show.There are 19 torches located around the World Showcase Lagoon. The inferno barge weighs 150,000 pounds with 37 nozzles that shoot propane flames upward.
Block Party Bash
Disney's Hollywood Studios Block Party Bash features more than 20 Pixar characters, acrobats, trampolines and retro tunes.
Along the parade route, the show stops and the performers interact with the guests.
Block Party Bash originated at Disney's California Adventure Theme Park and replaces the Disney's Hollywood Studios Stars and Motor Cars Parade.
If you want to take a look back at the Motor Cars Parade, here are the links:
Fantasmic!Opened Oct. 15, 1998 Show length: 26 minutes
6,900 seated guests | 3,000 standing guests

Fantasmic! is a festival of lasers, lights, dancing fountains, and dazzling special effects. Join Mickey Mouse is his dream where he creates dancing waters, shooting comets, animated fountains, and swirling stars. When Disney villains turn his dreams into nightmares, he uses the power of good to prevail.

FUN FACTS:
- The moat surrounding the show contains approximately 1.9 million gallons of water.
- The mountain stands approximately 57.5 feet above the water.
- The fire-breathing dragon rises 50 feet into the air and has a wing span of 50 feet.

Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade Opened Oct. 1, 2001
Show length: 15 minutes
Disney characters participate in a wild and larger-than-life tribute to their animal friends.

Electrical Water Pageant
This nightly "parade" was first performed on October 26, 1971 during the dedication of the Polynesian Luau.
While old fashioned by today's standards, it's still fun to head to the resort beachfronts to watch it go by. There are two segments, one is a King Neptune theme, the other a salute to America.
The Electrical Water Pageant usually follows this schedule:

Disney's Polynesian Resort - 9:00pm
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 9:15pm
Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 9:35pm
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground - 9:45pm
Disney's Contemporary Resort - 10:05pm
Magic Kingdom park - 10:20pm (only during extended Magic Kingdom Park hours)
(You may want to check with the resort just in case the schedule changes or if its canceled due to the weather that day)

Visit our DIScussion Forums - The Largest Disney community on the net!!

ORLANDO HOTELS
Hotel Arrival Date
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 09
Hotel Departure Date
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 09

WDW Swan & Dolphin
Free Night on Your Birthday!
Get a 2nd for $99!!
Book It

Buena Vista Suites
2 Room Suites
From
$88 Book It
Sheraton Vistana
Resort
2-Bedroom Villa!
From
$99 Book It
Sheraton Vistana Villages
1-Bedroom Villa!
From
$99 Book It
</SPAN>
Gaylord Palms
Resort and Spa

Exclusive Room Upgrade to Atrium View!
From $129
Book It

email

This site is not affiliated in any way with the Walt Disney Company or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. This site and the information contained therein represent the opinion of the webmaster. For official information on Walt Disney World, Click Here

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Site Dedication | Contact Us | Site Maps | Advertising
Copyright © 1997-2009, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

~~Allaina~~
My Previous TripsFamily vacations to WDW yearly 1978-1991 (off site)~~WDW March 1993 (off site)~~ First visit with hubby Sept 2008 (POP)~~ POP Sept 2009~~POFQ Sept 2010~~POFQ Sept 2012~~Ditto 2013
Old 05-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

sorry about the above reply guys. I was trying to post a link but I seem to have the entire Dis board, my bad.

~~Allaina~~