mine train: when in 2014? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Touring the 'World': The Parks at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 2
mine train: when in 2014?

I know the mine train is scheduled to open in 2014 but does anyone know when? I am hoping it will be open by spring break season next year
phoebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

I am looking forward to taking a ride on this, to bad it isnt going to be open for our next trip. I remember when Test track was suppose to open and it was delayed so many times. Hopefully it will be running when we go, a lot of times we are in line and then it breaks down. Hard when you have the kids who are finally big enough to ride and then it goes down.
My Previous TripsHRP 90, 93,95,97,98,2001 ALL AT CB, 2002-WL. In 2003 WL,CB, CS 2004 CB,WL 2005 CB,BC/WL ,2006 PC,WL,PC, 2007 FW, PC, 2008-PC , SS, PC. 2009 Poly. PC ,WLV. 2010 PC,AKL. 2011 & 2013 WLV-.2014 WLV
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 3
I thought I had heard early 2014 but not anything more specific. Of course too, I'm hoping they're way ahead of schedule like the rest of Fantasyland. All of that was slated to open summer of 2013 but it was done something like 8 months early. I have my fingers crossed they're really early for the mine train (like by August when we go - hey I can hope).

Celebrating Lenny's birthday at Epcot August 2014

Looking for all of my previous reports? Click my PTR link.

I've Started it!! Our FROZEN filled TR UPDATED 8/31 POSTS 118 & 119

My Previous TripsAll WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music
CinderAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

I'm so upset that we won't get to ride it on our next trip since the dwarves are one of my favorites!

"Ladies do not start fights...but they can finish them" -Marie from Aristocats
Haleyboo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

I hope that it does hope early too so when we go in May 2014 it is not as packed!! I love Roller Coasters!!!

Deb

It's Official. We are going to Disney World pre-tripll! Updated 04-29-2014
My Countdown Counting down to: 1st Trip To Disney World
My Previous TripsDisneyLand- 1995
Russi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Passenger

It will be nice when it is done because itís a real eyesore.
Jay_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Q View Post
I couldn't agree more. I haven't heard any dates of when it will be done, but with big new rides, Disney usually have them open for times of peak attendance - i.e. Easter/Christmas etc. so I'm sure they're working to a timescale like that.

I'm pretty sure I'm right when I say that this was supposed to be opening in 2013 with the other remaining bits of Fantasyland, but the date got put back due to issues. We're hoping to be back Christmas 2014, so we figure we should be pretty safe for it being open by then!

Trying our best to enjoy Athens on a baking hot day on our magical Mediterranean vacation. The trip report for our weekends in Scotland for the Commonwealth Games continues.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.

My Countdown Counting down to: Mark's birthday
2 days, 15 hours, 30 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Funny someone posted this question I was just wondering the same thing! I know we'll be itching to visit the parks again by 2014 and I know we all want to check out the new mine ride when we go!! Hope it's up and running by then!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsBC, April 2014, DCL Dream Feb 2013, BC~Concierge level Feb 2012, BCV Nov 2010, YC Dec 2008, BCV Feb 2008, DCL Wonder July 2006, DL July 2002, CB Feb. 1997, Off Property 1994
hildai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 7
Early 2014 is the only thing I've heard too. No specific date or timeframe other than that.
We're Back!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW YC - Oct. 2012 WDW CBR - Nov. 2007 WDW POFQ - Jan. 2006 Disneyland Paris - Apr. 2005
kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Pax
Community Rank: Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAbby View Post
[...] I'm hoping they're way ahead of schedule like the rest of Fantasyland. All of that was slated to open summer of 2013 but it was done something like 8 months early. I have my fingers crossed they're really early for the mine train (like by August when we go - hey I can hope).
... except I only have to hope it's open for January of 2014.
Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Q View Post

I agree completely! I was kind of surprised they made such a big deal about the opening of new Fantasyland when they had this big, huge half done mountain of construction plopped right in the middle of it. Not so pretty...

Me in Natal, Brazil in front of the largest cashew tree in the world
My Brazil World Cup 2014 PTR: http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...ml#post4321335
My Countdown Counting down to: MNSSHP and our first stay at Saratoga Springs!
22 days, 6 hours, 30 minutes
My Previous TripsVarious day trips WDW 1990-99; DL 1995; GF WDW Jan. 1997; POFQ WDW May 1999; AKL WDW Jan. 2002 (during which I became engaged at Disney Boardwalk); WDW most Fridays 2002; MNSSHalloween WDW 2002; ASMovies & all parks WDW & MNSSHP Oct. 2006; CB WDW MNSSHP Oct. 2007; POFQ WDW May 2008; POR WDW MNSSHP Oct. 2008; WL WDW May/June 2009; POP WDW MNSSHP Oct. 2009; ASMu WDW & MNSSHP Oct. 2010; CSR WDW January 2011; DLR (Park Vue Inn) June 2011; ASMo WDW & MNSSHP Oct 2011; CBR WDW January 2012; DL Paris - Davy Crockett Ranch May 2012; Art of Animation & AS Sports, MNSSHP Sept 2012; CSR & MVMCP Nov/Dec 2012; Pop MK May 2013; ASMO MNSSHP Oct 2013 Other countries I've visited: Brazil, South Africa, Kazakhstan, Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Czech Republic, Poland, and Canada.
Ashli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

I would imagine that Disney right now probably doesn't know themselves when it will be ready other than "Early 2014", this way they have a bit of a cushion just in case they run into any delays in the build of the ride, especially if they are using a new type of ride vehicle, with those tipping mine cars.

Disney, like other companies, probably loves the mantra "under promise, over deliver", so uses that early 2014 date, which will indicate anything from January to I'd say May, would still technically be early 2014. Missing a deadline makes investors jumpy and can affect stock price, etc, so until they have a better idea of when everything is ready, you won't see official dates out there until they KNOW it's ready.

I'll be there in January 2014 myself, so not expecting it to be open, but I wouldn't be surprised if they might be doing some soft-opening testing that wary. Especially as it is the only major aspect of the new FL expansion that still needs to be worked on, and they have more than a year to hit that "early 2014" target.

Tim
Old 01-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

Is this going to be a thrill ride or a kids ride?

My Countdown Counting down to: Family Going to Flower Festival!
We're smelling the Flowers!
My Previous TripsAll Star Music 11/96; All Star Movies 11/01; All Star Sports 5/02; Polynesian 11/03; Disney Magic 12/03; AKL/WL 11/04; Pop Century 9/06; AKL 11/07; Disney Wonder 11/07; Pop Century 9/10
Stephanie P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie P. View Post
Is this going to be a thrill ride or a kids ride?
It's supposed to be a "family friendly" coaster. I doubt it will be too much more extreme than any of the other roller coasters at MK, and probably much smoother than Space Mt given that it's supposed to sway like a mine cart.

Me in Natal, Brazil in front of the largest cashew tree in the world
My Brazil World Cup 2014 PTR: http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...ml#post4321335
My Countdown Counting down to: MNSSHP and our first stay at Saratoga Springs!
22 days, 6 hours, 30 minutes
My Previous TripsVarious day trips WDW 1990-99; DL 1995; GF WDW Jan. 1997; POFQ WDW May 1999; AKL WDW Jan. 2002 (during which I became engaged at Disney Boardwalk); WDW most Fridays 2002; MNSSHalloween WDW 2002; ASMovies & all parks WDW & MNSSHP Oct. 2006; CB WDW MNSSHP Oct. 2007; POFQ WDW May 2008; POR WDW MNSSHP Oct. 2008; WL WDW May/June 2009; POP WDW MNSSHP Oct. 2009; ASMu WDW & MNSSHP Oct. 2010; CSR WDW January 2011; DLR (Park Vue Inn) June 2011; ASMo WDW & MNSSHP Oct 2011; CBR WDW January 2012; DL Paris - Davy Crockett Ranch May 2012; Art of Animation & AS Sports, MNSSHP Sept 2012; CSR & MVMCP Nov/Dec 2012; Pop MK May 2013; ASMO MNSSHP Oct 2013 Other countries I've visited: Brazil, South Africa, Kazakhstan, Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Czech Republic, Poland, and Canada.
Ashli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #15 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 7
According to the 2013 Passporter:
"Coming soon! This new, moderate roller coaster boasts an innovative ride vehicle that pendulum-swings from side to side as you ride the banked curves of the Seven Dwarfs fabled mine. Ride simulations suggest this will be a cross between Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain. The journey will begin like any tubular-track coaster, up and into the mine. Inside, the track levels out and you pass Audio-Animatronics depicting scenes from Snow White. Then, emerge from the mine to finish up with short drops and fast turns. Accessibility and restrictions unknown at press time, but expect them to be similar to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad "
We're Back!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW YC - Oct. 2012 WDW CBR - Nov. 2007 WDW POFQ - Jan. 2006 Disneyland Paris - Apr. 2005
kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote