With the new wristbands, what do we REALLY need to bring into the parks? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Touring the 'World': The Parks at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

With the new wristbands, what do we REALLY need to bring into the parks?

We are thinking one SMALL bag for a family of 5 this summer. It's a Camelback water backpack which really limits what can go into it. We figure we'll need: 1 small autograph book for the 3 kiddos to share with a clickable Sharpie (we've been on 6 trips so there's not many characters they need autographs from), a few pins for each child to trade each day, a roll of quarters and pennies for pressing, a couple of water flavor packets and Starbucks Vias, rain ponchos if the weather calls for it, sunglasses, and caps (to be worn by everyone), 2 cell phones, one digital camera, a couple of snacks, and car keys. The bracelet covers the fast passes and money and ticket issue. My phone will have all my reservations and park info for the day. Am I forgetting anything?

(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
«.·°·. Melissa .·°·.»
(¸.·º(¸.·¨* *¨·.¸)º·.¸)

My Countdown Counting down to: Time to get away from the in-laws
Chaos ~ Confusion ~ and fun
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsSummer 1976 - Yogi Bear Campground Summer 1983 - Off Site Summer 1996 - Off Site October 1999 - Polynesian May 2002 - Off Site October 2004 - Off Site October 2006 - All Star Music/Orange Lake Timeshare March 2007 - POR September-October 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort/Bonnet Creek/POP Century Feb 2008 - ASMU/Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2008 - Bonnet Creek May 2009 - First Solo Trip POFQ Oct 2009 - POR April/May 2010 - All Star Music Oct/Nov 2010 - Bonnett Creek/POP Feb 2012 - Bonnet Creek/Vacation Village Oct 2012 - Bonnet Creek
Tink1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Wet bags or ziplock to put said cellphones on water rides.

Valentines Day 2014

Meredith
My Previous TripsDLR 1988, WDW Dec 1994 (honeymoon), WDW Nov. 1997(thanksgiving at CS), WDW 2007(Valentines Day at POFQ), DLR Sept. 2010 (Trip with just one of my DD's), WDW June 2012 (DD's 17th Birthday!!!!!! ASMU), WDW June 2013 (DD's Graduation Celebration...so we'll call it! CS), WDW Valentines 2014
apqsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Don't for get bandaids and mole skin!
My Previous TripsWDW 1985, WDW 1989, WDW 1995, WDW 2007, Disney Wonder 2008, SSR 2009, AKL 2010, DCL 5 night cruise May 30th 2010. WDW Jan 2011. 6 days at Treehouses and 7 day on the Fantasy. Old Key West Nov 2012. Treehouses Oct 2013. Beach Club villas and Bay Lake Towers May/June 2014. Sept 2014 Offsite 4 days and OKW for 5. Hoping to return….
nurse_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
Small size sunblock and chapstick.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAsMo Woody Dec 2002 AsSp Baseball Oct 2003 AKL Savana/Pop Nov/Dev 2004 ASMo Fantasia Nov/2008 DVC SS Nov 2009 First Homecoming Nov 13-20.2010 First Disney "Magic"al Honeymoon Cruise 10/1-10/8 Celebrating part 2 @ WDW BWV 10/8-10/11 Mikey's 1st trip 9/2-9/8/2012 Fam Trip 10/19-10/26
acidreignn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Last year, we packed a small backpack with a change of clothes for each kids in ziplock bags, a small pack of handwipes, sunscreen, chapstick, and an even smaller bag with an emery board, bandaids, neosporin, hand sanitizer (and another hooked to the stroller), and our rain jackets.

We kept all the cards plus our driver's licenses in a small business card holder put it in the stroller cup holder with a baggie of quarters and pennies for souvenir coins. There was nothing important or valuable in the backpack, so it mostly just stayed under the stroller and we grabbed the baggie of coins and our cards whenever left the stroller.

This year, I'm guessing it will be pretty much the same.
Jajezoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

At least one person in each party entering the park should have a picture ID in case there is a problem with the wristbands. Once Guest Services can identify you-then they can take good care of you. I like the M'n Ms mini containers for the quarters & pennies, but I have learned NOT to pack them in my carry on baggage-BIG problems. Depending on the length of your day, the weather and your skin-will you need to re-apply sunscreen? We usually do. I find 'trail mix' as my little snack helps with the heat and fatigue. Cheers to you for 'packing light'.
My Previous TripsDec 96-CBR, June 2000- YC (Post Card), Aug 2003- AKL, Easter 2007-Poly, October 2009- Pop Century (Audition), DCP cut short :-( Feb & March 2010, All Star Sports (convention) Nov 2011, Aug 2012 YC, WL-CL May/June 2013
Kelly66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Do you really need the camera? Our cellphones (iPhone4s) have a better resolution than our nicer camera and we also did some PhotoPass pictures.

Rachel

Blogging about whatever comes to mind at The New Smiths.
My Previous TripsWDW - Contemporary 1987, Off-Property 1989, Off-Property 1994, Dixie Landings 1996, Swan Dec 1998, Off-Property 2001, Dolphin Mar 2012, Boardwalk Villas Feb 2013
thenewsmiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Day-Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewsmiths View Post
Do you really need the camera? Our cellphones (iPhone4s) have a better resolution than our nicer camera and we also did some PhotoPass pictures.
I also ditched my camera for the past few trips. Makes everything so much easier! If you do have an iPhone, there are also some pretty cute Disney picture apps that you can download.
MayorOfMagicKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 7
What are the Disney picture apps?
mawmaw to 3 beautiful granddaughters: 5, 3, 1 and #4 due in February
16 trips to WDW
My Countdown Counting down to: Finally back to Disney!!!
On our way!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips1978, 1982, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1997, ASMu 1998, 2000, FW 2004, FW 2006, FW 2006, FW 2008, FW 2010, SoG 2011, CB 2012, POR 2013
mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Trailblazer

Each adult should carry their photo ID on their person at all times. This is not just a Disney World thing; you never know when you might be hurt or get sick or need to drive a car. And at WDW, you also have the potential for your KTTW card or park pass to be lost, damaged, or malfunction, in which case a photo ID may be required to get it replaced.

Never go anywhere without your health insurance cards. Nobody ever expects to need a hospital or clinic, but you should always plan for the worst, hope for the best; twisted ankles and heat exhaustion happen every day at WDW.

Someone in the party should also carry a little cash and at least one credit or debit card, for unexpected purchases at non-Disney venues like most of the places on Downtown Disney's West Side.

If anyone in your party has any medical conditions that require medication, such as allergies or asthma, never go anywhere without that medication. "Oh, I hardly ever need that inhaler! I only use it when I'm playing baseball!" Yeah, but walking all day in Florida heat and humidity can be as tiring as playing 9 innings, so take the inhaler with you. Allergies? Keep the meds with you. Epi-pen? If you've got a condition bad enough to even have one, it should be with you at all times. I prefer to keep all of my daily meds with me, even if I only take something at bedtime or first thing in the morning; I never know when I might forget to take it before I leave my room (no prob, I keep some in my pocket), or might be out later than I expect and not get back to my room till after midnight (no prob, I have some in my pocket).
WillCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Do you get any discounts? D23? Disney Visa, AP or Dvc? Those cards would be needed

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

Follow me on pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/calmomslp247/ Follow me on twitter: pin collector@Mikethepinnut & follow store : Lamb's Collectibles@ColshopS http://stores.ebay.com/Collect-Stuff-Collectibles
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW POR July 2008; WDW BWV, AKV-J, SSR July 2009; WDW SSR,AKV-K,POP,ASM,BCV May 2010 WDW SSR, AKV-K, POP May 2012 WDW POP, AKV-K December 2012 WDW SSR, OKW May 2013 WDW POP, DCL MAGIC, OKW May 2014 WooHOO!
trixiedixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 4
Each member of our party carries their own small backpack/sling bag with the following in it:
Brita waterbottle (essential for us since it has the built in filter and wide mouth)
chapstick
misting fan - small size (if it's in the hot months)
rain poncho
ziploc bags - 1 sandwich, 1 gallon
ID
phone
sunglasses
jacket
band aides
small bottle sunblock

'These are not the droids you're looking for.'

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Feb 2011-SSR/POP/POFQ, WDW July 2011-OKW, Jan 2013-SSR
zhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Each adult should carry their photo ID on their person at all times. This is not just a Disney World thing; you never know when you might be hurt or get sick or need to drive a car. And at WDW, you also have the potential for your KTTW card or park pass to be lost, damaged, or malfunction, in which case a photo ID may be required to get it replaced.

Never go anywhere without your health insurance cards. Nobody ever expects to need a hospital or clinic, but you should always plan for the worst, hope for the best; twisted ankles and heat exhaustion happen every day at WDW.

Someone in the party should also carry a little cash and at least one credit or debit card, for unexpected purchases at non-Disney venues like most of the places on Downtown Disney's West Side.

If anyone in your party has any medical conditions that require medication, such as allergies or asthma, never go anywhere without that medication. "Oh, I hardly ever need that inhaler! I only use it when I'm playing baseball!" Yeah, but walking all day in Florida heat and humidity can be as tiring as playing 9 innings, so take the inhaler with you. Allergies? Keep the meds with you. Epi-pen? If you've got a condition bad enough to even have one, it should be with you at all times. I prefer to keep all of my daily meds with me, even if I only take something at bedtime or first thing in the morning; I never know when I might forget to take it before I leave my room (no prob, I keep some in my pocket), or might be out later than I expect and not get back to my room till after midnight (no prob, I have some in my pocket).
All of the above. I once left my ticket voucher for MVMCP back in the room but with my ID, they were able to quickly pull us up in the computer and issue our tickets. I always carry a bit of cash just in case we need something from a cart that doesn't take KTTW, or if there's an electronic crash and the cards aren't working.

My husband was an ER nurse for many years and can tell you sad tales of people who came in without ID, without any way to let their families know where they were, and with nothing to tell the staff if that shot of penicillin will help or hurt. (Joggers, I'm talkin' to YOU!) All the adults in your party should carry ID, all the kids should be tagged in some way (try Whose Shoes ID's, available online), and every morning, take a picture of your kids and what they're wearing so Security will have an easier time reuniting you with any wandering kid (or spouse ).

Nik & his favorite guy Goofy at DHS Osborne Lights
Sandra in Northern VA
My Countdown Counting down to: Our next stay at All Star Music with free dining!
18 days, 9 hours, 53 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsOff-site 1972, 1973, 1975, 1984, 1985, 1988. All Star Music 2001-2012; Swan 2011. All Star Movies 2013.
yalibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

Wise advice, yalibrarian. I'd add that if anyone in your party has significant health issues or takes prescribed medicine daily, a Medic Alert membership is a very good idea.

My bracelet has my three major health concerns engraved on the back of the tag with my personal ID number and the 800 number to call for more detailed information about my medical needs.

Sure, it costs money, but isn't more assurance that ER personnel won't have to guess what you need or must not be given if allergic worth some bucks? Certainly is for me.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Nov. 2013--GF; WDW January 2010--GF; WDW July 2004--CR Tower/ DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984, Me DL 1969.
Her Dotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

lots of good advice provided! I'd add sunglasses to the list, and I always have OTC meds like Advil. I carry a ton, though, so I'm the last person to talk about traveling light

Upcoming trips: early March 2014 - Beach Club; late March 2014 - Saratoga Springs; April 2014 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy
My Previous TripsOctober 2013 Villas at Grand Floridian; May 2013 Grand Floridian; Feb 2013 Boardwalk Villas; Dec 2012 Beach Club Villas; May 2012 Boardwalk Inn; January 2012 Animal Kingdom Villas; December 2011, Bay Lake Tower; October 2011, Contemporary Resort; March 2011, Beach Club; Oct. 2010, Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower; Oct. 2009 Grand Floridian; April 2009 Boardwalk Villas; Dec. 2008 Boardwalk Inn; Feb. 2008 Boardwalk Inn; Dec. 2007 Polynesian; Dec. 2006 Beach Club; Feb. 1998 Yacht Club
julieb is offline   Reply With Quote