Magic Bands? anyone use them yet? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Touring the 'World': The Parks at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Magic Bands? anyone use them yet?

Our Magic bands will be in the mail tomorrow!!
Very excited....

Has anyone had the chance to use them yet?
Did you like them?

My husband is super excited about them!

Just curious on what you all thought?
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Lady427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Visitor

27 days! How exciting. Let me know how you like the bands..we are going in February!!
RainbowOzGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 2
I'd like to know too, we will be there soon, and I'm wondering how comfortable they are to wear, and if they are hot? Being that it's August, and the band is rubbery looking, and wide, I'm wondering how sweaty it will be in that August heat & humidity?
My Previous TripsWDW Aug 2003 LBV Marriott Courtyard, Universal/Sea World/Busch Gardens Aug 2005 Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld, WDW Aug. 2007 CBR, WDW Jan. 2008 POP & WL, Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica Aug 2008 Hyatt Place,Sheraton 4 Points, Hard Rock Hotel & Doubletree Universal., St. Pete Beach Aug 2008, WDW Jan 2009 AKL, WDW Aug 2009 POR & WL, WDW Jan 2010 Poly, WDW Jan 2011 POR, WDW Aug 2011 POR & BC CL, WDW Jan 2012 WL, WDW Aug 2012 AKL CL, WDW Jan 2013 POFQ, WDW Aug 2013 Pop, GF, YC: WDW Jan 2014 POR, WDW & Universal August 2014 GF & Portofino Bay, And too many trips to count to DL in the 80's.
Sue M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 3
We will be there not long after you. We are staying at Pop and were also chosen for test. I cant wait. So excited!!!

My Countdown Counting down to: Celebrating my Birthday in Disney World
When do we go back?
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW 1986,1988, 1989, 1991,1994, 1997, 2001, 2005, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP & Wyndam Bonnet Creek, 2012 CBR, 2013 POP
tylerdylansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 7
I never got an email saying I was in the test, but they say my magic bands will arrive tomorrow via UPS. I don't have my AP yet so I couldn't attach tickets. This should prove interesting.
My Previous TripsWDW, POFQ last visit in 2011 - Candy Cane Inn at DLR in 2012. PopCentury and WL in 2013.
Arnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Concierge Level: 4
Just got letter in mail choosing us for testing them also. Seems exciting, hope it comes with some perks.
Laurspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

We didnt know until i logged into disney site. It said i had 4 days to customize my bands. Verified shipping address and customized. If we hadnt logged in we wouldnt have known.

My Countdown Counting down to: Celebrating my Birthday in Disney World
When do we go back?
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW 1986,1988, 1989, 1991,1994, 1997, 2001, 2005, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP & Wyndam Bonnet Creek, 2012 CBR, 2013 POP
tylerdylansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Bee

I am also curious.
My Previous TripsJust started counting…..Many florida trips with the family before then.. WDW Jan 2008 - Condo with neices and nephews WDW Nov 2008 ASMusic (birthday solo celebration) DL Nov 2009 (birthday celebration) WDW Aug 2009 SSR (Marissa's birthday celebration) WDW June 2010 Fort Wilderness Cabins (trip with mom and dad) WDW Nov 2010 Carribean Beach (birthday celebration - me & dad) WDW August 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Friend Reunion me, Marissa, Betsy, Juliana) WDW August 2012 Pop Century (solo trip) WDW November 2012 Fort Wilderness Cabins (Birthday trip, me, mom and dad) WDW November 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge with husband. (he hated it :()
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 7
UPS delivered mine today. It should be interesting, especially when my second part of the split stay kicks in and that resort isn't part of the test.

edit: I'm uploading shots of the box and instructions that came with it to the WDW miscellaneous photo section if anyone wants to see what the package looks like.
My Previous TripsWDW, POFQ last visit in 2011 - Candy Cane Inn at DLR in 2012. PopCentury and WL in 2013.

Last edited by Arnir; 07-29-2013 at 11:38 AM..
Arnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

We Never got "THE EMAIL" either,.
But was told will be in our mail this week!!!
So I guess a lot of people didn't really know..because its so new!!
Very excited thou. I Chose PInk! LOL
I will report back. After our trip!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 07-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
I have a friend who is a supervisory CM who has been testing them, and she says they seem to be working just fine. She actually goes and stays overnight at a resort with her husband and then they do a day in the parks and eat a couple of meals, to be sure they're giving them a fair try. She thinks people will like them once they get fully rolled out.

Nik & his favorite guy Goofy at DHS Osborne Lights
Sandra in Northern VA
My Countdown Counting down to: Our next stay at All Star Music with free dining!
16 days, 17 hours, 54 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsOff-site 1972, 1973, 1975, 1984, 1985, 1988. All Star Music 2001-2012; Swan 2011. All Star Movies 2013.
yalibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 6
Looking forward to hearing about your experiences!

Danielle

disneydani - Co-Guide for the Touring the 'World' Forum, Passporter Challenge Forum
disneydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:49 AM   #13 (permalink)

Ours have arrived yesterday!!
Pink for me, Red hubby...
They look nice...
My sister in law/brother in law, and the kids also were choosen!!
and they received theirs..
I like them very comfty
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 08-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

Hey everyone, we had the chance to actually use the MagicBands at WDW this past weekend. Aside from a few glitches at the start they worked really well. Our glitches were that we arrived late at night and activated our bands on our door lock as instructed and then the next morning mine wouldn't let me charge to the room or even let me IN the room and my mom's wouldn't charge to the room. The Concierge desk was able to force reload our bands and everything was good to go. They are super easy to use, simply line up the Mickey on your band with the Mickey on the scanner and wait until the scanner goes green. Once Mickey flashes green, you're good to go.

You're able to buy items specifically for the MagicBands that let you customize them beyond just the colour.

The only really annoying thing with the bands is wearing them in the heat of a Florida summer. Since they are not made of fabric, you arm really sweats underneath it.

Just as a FYI, we were staying at POP Century which is one of the current test resorts.

Next trip: November 2014

Previous trip: too many to count
My Countdown Counting down to: First Stay at All Star Movies
22 days, 21 hours, 23 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #15 (permalink)

This is just a curiosity question -- is there a reason they are being mailed out ahead of time?? That seems odd to me! Previously with KTTW cards, you picked those up at check-in. (I guess to me it's one more thing to have to remember to be sure to pack/risk getting left behind!! ).

~ There's nothing like a little Rope Drop music to start your day! ~

My Countdown Counting down to: Girls escape weekend!!
Pina Colavas by the pool, baby!!!!
My Previous TripsWDW: 1987 off-site, 1996 Ft. Wilderness, 2004 ASMovies, 2006 POR, 2008 POR, 2010 POFQ, 2011 AKL/ASMu, 2012 - 2 day trips
LegoMom is offline   Reply With Quote