MVMCP: touring plan please! - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

FREE Shipping & 50% Off E-Books!
FREE MediaMail Shipping on domestic orders in the PassPorter Store until midnight, April 21, 2014. This is a great time to order a new 2014 edition of PassPorter's Walt Disney World guidebook!

You can also save 50% off any of our 15 e-books with code easter!

Details at http://www.passporterstore.com/store/images/freeshipping.jpg

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Touring the 'World': The Parks at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

MVMCP: touring plan please!

So it appears we're in the dark on how to make the most of MVMCP, as I thought most of the action happened on Main street. please enlighten me! since our girls are younger, we will do well to make it through the fireworks and leave by 10pm. Unofficial Guide suggests watching from the second level of train station so we can scoot out ahead of the crowd.

we're not super concerned about doing rides, but what are the "musts"? my girls and I will have had a day at MK a few days earlier, which will largely be spent in Fantasyland, so we'll have covered the Fantasyland highlights. The DH would probably like to do POTC and DD's love Peoplemover. the girls wont' do any roller coasters or splash mountain. We also have no interest in any of the attractions in Frontierland and most of Adventureland other than Aladdin carpets, but they're not crucial either.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
The absolute musts for me are the parade and the fireworks. In between that, if there are some characters we want to see, we'll go and see them. Last time, we saw the seven dwarves and we had an amazing time with them. We'll also see if there are any other shows taking place that we like the sound of, and if we have time we'll hit some rides, but as I say, our priorities for the evening are the parade and the fireworks.

In front of the Eiffel Tower during our weekend away in Paris.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.

My Countdown Counting down to: The World Diving Championships
5 days, 20 hours, 46 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 5 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy. Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

where do the shows happen?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

Concierge Level: 7
I have never been to MVMCP ( this is the year ) but I found these blogs the most helpful in my planning:
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 Tips - Disney Tourist Blog
and
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2011 Characters, Strategy, Merchandise, Food, etc.

Lots of information on the shows, character meet and greets, parade, etc. I know that the second link says 2011, but plenty of the info is still relevant.

My Countdown Counting down to: A Very Merry Christmas Trip
Ho ho ho -here we go!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW May 1995 ASSports, WDW Oct. 2005 ASMovies, WDW Aug. 2007 Pop, WDW April 2009 WL, WDW Aug. 2010 WL, DCL August 2011 Alaska, WDW April 2012 AKL-Jambo, WDW August 2012 Beach Club, WDW April 2013 AKL- Kidani, August 2013 AKL-Kidani, August 2013 DCL Western Caribbean on the Fantasy, December 2013 WL
HollyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Concierge Level: 6
Getting a map when you entry the party is the best idea. It will tell you where all the shows, character meet and greets and times of the parades and fireworks.
26 days, 15 hours, 46 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW June 1979, WDW 1985, WDW 1987, WDW Oct 2003, WDW March 2004, WDW Oct 2004, WDW Sept 2005--Pop Century , WDW Nov 2006--Pop Century, WDW Jan 2007--Pop Century, WDW Nov/Dec 2009--Pop Century, DLR Oct 2011
KMB733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

thanks, Holly. and I just realized something from your ticker: I think we'll be at WDW at the same time! we'll have to try to meet and get a picture of our happiness that I listened to you and booked the C for the whole 10 nights!!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada Amy View Post
thanks, Holly. and I just realized something from your ticker: I think we'll be at WDW at the same time! we'll have to try to meet and get a picture of our happiness that I listened to you and booked the C for the whole 10 nights!!
I'm there from Dec. 12-15, staying at the VWL. It would be great to meet up sometime. I hope you're going to be very glad that you booked the C for your trip.

Ho ho ho -here we go!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW May 1995 ASSports, WDW Oct. 2005 ASMovies, WDW Aug. 2007 Pop, WDW April 2009 WL, WDW Aug. 2010 WL, DCL August 2011 Alaska, WDW April 2012 AKL-Jambo, WDW August 2012 Beach Club, WDW April 2013 AKL- Kidani, August 2013 AKL-Kidani, August 2013 DCL Western Caribbean on the Fantasy, December 2013 WL
Old 08-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

we're there Dec.4th-14th, so hopefully we'll pull off a meet-up. you're only a boat ride away! planning to be at AK during day of 13th and MK morning of 14th, as we have until 2pm DME.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyH View Post
I have never been to MVMCP ( this is the year ) but I found these blogs the most helpful in my planning:
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 Tips - Disney Tourist Blog
and
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2011 Characters, Strategy, Merchandise, Food, etc.

Lots of information on the shows, character meet and greets, parade, etc. I know that the second link says 2011, but plenty of the info is still relevant.
THANK YOU HOLLY! Fabulous links; exactly what I've been hoping to find!!!
Tink's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada Amy View Post
we're there Dec.4th-14th, so hopefully we'll pull off a meet-up. you're only a boat ride away! planning to be at AK during day of 13th and MK morning of 14th, as we have until 2pm DME.
We're doing DHS on the 13th, Epcot the 14th, we are doing a monorail resort tour on the 12th. I'm sure we can work something out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink's mommy View Post
THANK YOU HOLLY! Fabulous links; exactly what I've been hoping to find!!!
Glad to be of help!

Ho ho ho -here we go!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 08-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #11 (permalink)

will do! and yes, thanks for the links! I've read it all very carefully! just wish he gave an itinerary for having to do the early parade!
Old 08-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 2
When we went, we were so beyond thrilled at the low crowds and we were able to ride POTC three times without getting off! I love that!! We were so excited that we were able to scoot past everyone and jump on all of the rides, that we didn't have time for the parade or the fireworks. I really regretted it, because what I saw of the fireworks was AMAZING. We wanted to purchase tickets for the next night, but they were already sold out! I would just say to make time for those things, because you do not get to see them any other time of the year.

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - Kaitlyn and I at Mickey's House!! Toontown-Disneyland

Amy
ilovedisney0_0 is offline   Reply With Quote