Are pets allowed at the Boardwalk and Downtown Disney? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Touring the 'World': The Parks at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2004, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Are pets allowed at the Boardwalk and Downtown Disney?

Hey everyone! I hope all is well. I was just wondering, next July we are goin to Orlando for the month and will be making several trips to Downtown Disney and the Disney Boardwalk. We are also taking along our small, 12-pount Shih-Tzu. Are dogs allowed to walk around Downtowon Disney and/or the Disney Boardwalk, if they are leashed? Please let me know, thank you so much!
BabieeMelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Recovering VMK Addict!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Concierge Level: 6
Re: Are pets allowed at the Boardwalk and Downtown Disney?

Hmmmmm...this is a good question!

I don't think they are. I believe pets are only allowed at FW on the pet loops.

Fortissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 07:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

I dont think they are with the exception of FWC. No offense but there are people that dont like animals (or they are afraid of them) and not everyone is responsible with the doggie doo and stuff. Not only that but you wouldnt be able to go into shops with doggie and do other things too. I know that doggie can be left in the WDW kennel for a fee, but you do have to go there twice a day or so to let them out.
kadterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

If people don't like dogs, they wouldn't have to go near mine. I thought since it's an outdoor area with no admission to get in I'd be able to take her. We're renting a house down there so we won't be leaving her in a kennel, but thanks.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

I understand completely! I have to laugh at my Stepmom who says that she cant stand dogs but goes up to them anyway! *sigh* It is too bad that puppie dogs cant go..Im sure that they would like to see Disney Boardwalk and get their paws painted, play some games, eat some pizza and fries and watch some shows and some of Illuminations!
kadterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

LoL, that's too funny! I know, but it's not a big deal that we can't bring her. She'll have to stay at the house. You can see Illuminations from the Boardwalk? I didn't know that!
Old 08-04-2004, 01:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Facebook Addict

What's this?

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

The only dogs that are allowed on the property are guide dogs, except for the Fort Wilderness Campground. A kennel is available at the TTC for pets.
A bit of the Illuminations fireworks are viewable from the Boardwalk.
RobDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trailblazer

Have you seen the WDW comercial with the dog running around Disney, meeting Pluto etc? Then they show the dog at hame having a dream and they say.... Everyone has their dreams! or something like that!
I LOVE that comercial!
Our little Bischon "Mushu" (named from Mulan) would love WDW! I wonder if we can train him to be a seeing eye dog!
Tim
WildForWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
AKA Belle's Mom

*LOL* A Bischon seeing eye dog!

Actually you don't have to be a guest at the resorts to board you dog I believe anyone can board at WDW and there are 5 kennels (one at each of the park and one at Fort Wilderness). Even though Downtown Disney is outside pets are still not allowed seeing it is still WDW property.

Here is a web page that might be helpful
RobinKay6573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Magic Happens!

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Legend

I keep telling my dogs that someday they'll go see Mickey instead of going to sleep away camp. I hope they don't see this thread... They will be very upset.
rescuesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
AKA Belle's Mom

They should have "Dog day" at Disney (or Dog night after the park closes). My dog is better behaved then some of the kids I have seen at the parks!! Geezzz they have grad night I am sure they make more of a mess then my puppy *sigh* My dog even "goes" on cue...can't say that for a child!
RobinKay6573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Community Rank: Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabieeMelly View Post
Hey everyone! I hope all is well. I was just wondering, next July we are goin to Orlando for the month and will be making several trips to Downtown Disney and the Disney Boardwalk. We are also taking along our small, 12-pount Shih-Tzu. Are dogs allowed to walk around Downtowon Disney and/or the Disney Boardwalk, if they are leashed? Please let me know, thank you so much!
It's 2008 now and much has changed since this question was posted, but it's still a popular question. 4 years later. YES,THEY ARE ALLOWED IN DOWNTOWN DISNEY TO STROLL WITH THERE FAMILIES. I was there yesterday and not only are they allowed, they have a SANTA PAWS photo exhibit where dogs can sit on Santa's lap and have their picrures taken. At the entrance, they have a water cooler specifically for dogs. I saw many there and I will be taking my "babies" there today. Keep her in your arms or a bag while in the stores and don't bring her inside any food buildings. Larger dogs will likely not be welcome inside any buildings, I assume.
shimonts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinKay6573 View Post
They should have "Dog day" at Disney (or Dog night after the park closes). My dog is better behaved then some of the kids I have seen at the parks!! Geezzz they have grad night I am sure they make more of a mess then my puppy *sigh* My dog even "goes" on cue...can't say that for a child!

I second that! Not only are mine better than a lot of the kids but they are also better than most of the adults!!! LOL!
lynniethepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Pets are not allowed walking around at Downtown Disney (or in any shops) or the Boardwalk, sorry. (For Christmas, like another poster said, they do allow pets in one area of DTD solely for taking a photo with Santa.)

The closest a pet can get to a park is Animal Kingdom, where the kennel entrance is after the security bag check. AllEars' site says sometimes characters are out there and sometimes Photopass photographers are out there so you can get your photo taken with your dog at that spot.

Disney does sell a few pet items like toys, bowls, leashes, etc. you can bring your doggy from the parks!

My Countdown Counting down to: Dizzneeeee
Off to see da Mouzie!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Ms_Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

I don't know how much they enforce the dog rule at DTD - I saw someone casually strolling around on a Monday morning with their Westie just last week.

My Previous TripsOff Property 1978, Cont 1981, Villas 1983/1984, Cont 1985, Grosvenor 1989, Cont 1991, OKW 1999, Disneyland Pacific 2000, WL 2002, BCV 2003, BCV 2005 (Grand Gathering), WL 2005 (Honeymoon), SS 2006, WL Jan. 2008, WL Nov.-Dec. 2008, THV & BLT Oct2009, BLT & DCL Jan. 2010, BLT & DCL Apr 2011, BLT Jan 2012, DCL Sep 2012, DL Feb 2013, BLT Mar 2013
Meeko is offline   Reply With Quote