What funny things do you say to the characters? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Touring the 'World': The Parks at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2006, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

What funny things do you say to the characters?

Do you have anything funny that you say to the characters to get them to interact more?

I once told Meeko that I had some crackers in my bag, he proceeded to rip my backpack off my back and run away with it. LOL Let me tell ya, the portly bugger can sprint!

I plan on dropping to my knee and proposing to Minnie in February. It is my goal to embarrass my daughters at every turn. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/rofl2.gif[/img]
MattUGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 1
Re: What funny things do you say to the characters?

Tell your wife to get a photo of the proposal! That is a hoot!

Danielle
fairestofthemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

ah, nobody ever gets this but my favorite thing to do is conspire with stitch to leave a stuffed stitch in his place and then try to convince people to meet & greet and get autographs from the stuffed stitch instead while the real one goes home with me

got to spend a bit of time with him too during MNSSH, here he is with the stuffed stitch practising for his future as a space ranger with his lightbulb that blinks - er, laser, i mean(yes, i had the camera oriented wrong)

bradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

I've never said anything funny. i get too tounge-tied like a little kid......i will tell you though when i was there on my honeymoon, tigger gave me a big kiss on the head, it was a little wierd cuz i was on my honeymoon. The last time i was there i was pregnant and Baloo got a kick out of the fact that we both had potbellies!
jensfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 3

I've never said anything funny, but Lilo loved my Lilo earrings one day, and the next day I had on my Stitch t shirt and Stitch earrings...Stitch was very happy!

I do plan on messing with Captain Hook next time...tick, tock. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Jennifer
Jennifer2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6

I took a picture of DH with the Green Army man a couple of trips ago and I heard him say "I used to play with you when I was a kid". I think it almost broke the guy up. He ended up saluting DH!!!
Grammy Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

oh.. and not really funny per se, but i do enjoy having ariel show me her dinglehopper and asking tigger to bounce

Old 01-20-2006, 01:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

I always ask Eeyore how his tail is.
And I just got back from Disney about 2 hours ago. We spent the day at MK. I met the Mayor & His Wife strolling along by rytal Palace & she was telling him something. So I asked him if she was telling him how to run the Park. It was great because that set the two of them off like a long time married Couple. They were so funny. Then I told the mayor that I voted for him in the last Election. While he shook my hand & thanked me, she told me that Miss Hildegarten is thinking of running for Mayor and that she thought wife Miss Hildegarten had a good chance of winning. It was quite funny to see the Mayors reaction to that. Its the first time I have ever seen the two of them together
coffeechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 01:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3

Mark's the star at this. He says things like "tick tock" to Captain Hook and he's sucked his thumb when he's seen the villain from Robin Hood. I tend to tell Eeyore not to be so miserable because someone loves him! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

We called Tigger Tony the Tiger - he did NOT like that. I always make sure to ask Mary Poppins about Bert.
crystalloubear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Location: SW PA/a.k.a. "The Tundra" in the winter & "A Sauna" in the summer
Concierge Level: 7

On our recent trip, DD (3 1/2) was having a blast with all of the characters.

It started the first night at 1900 Park Fare when Suzi tried to steal my cheesecake. I engaged her more with a plot for the two of us going to the kitchen to find more. She had our whole table involved in it. DDs were VERY amused by this interaction.

Since they know what "interaction" means - okay, extensive vocabularies for 3 1/2 & 5 1/2 - they enjoyed "interacting" for the rest of the trip.

DD 3 1/2 had pleasant conversation for all of the characters henceforth! She told Donald (at Breakfastsaurus) that she loved his hat; she told Pooh (at Crystal Palace) that she loved his red shirt, asked if he had eaten honey that day, and asked him to tell Piglet good night from her (Piglet is her favorite).

On our last day, we were at the Character Connection at Epcot. They had a blast with Chip 'n' Dale (or Chip 'n' Dip as they call them!) - DD 3 1/2 had to inquire which was which "Are you Chip?"

Then we met Donald - another one, but by far the best! He wanted to take the girls for a swim but the handler interacted/intervened. Then he danced with the girls - shaking his tail feathers! When I retrieved the girls, I told him he was the best Donald we'd met...I got extra hand kisses and then he chased after DH with the video camera...we have all of this on tape! So cool!

Then we met (another) Cinderella. She really engaged the girls in conversation. She discussed colors with the girls...and DD 3 1/2 informed Cindy that her favorite color was pink - sometimes "magenta". I think that blew Cindy away to hear such exact color descriptions from such a small fry! Cindy told her that she would have to come help decorate the castle since she knew so much about colors!

Then they met Aladdin (Epcot). He was also very good with them and they had a big discussion about what characters they had seen and what autographs they had gotten. (I think this is the same Aladdin in BradK's photos above - a very expressive Aladdin!)

All in all, the interactions with all of the characters were positive - lots of hand kisses from the various Donalds and lots of head licks from the various Plutos. BUT, the most attentive characters seemed to be at EPCOT!
abh218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

I forgot one. The last time we were at Disney, we were given the tour of Minnie's house by Minnie and Pluto. So, we were the first family in the toon town tent . (You can read about this in my trip report).

Anyways, Goofy was late to enter the tent. He starts off at Barnstormer, of course. Well, when he finally got there the CM told Goofy that he was late. He "said" he was sorry. I asked Goofy how many times he rode Barnstormer. He said once. I said, "Um.. Goofy, you were gone a long time for just once." He then said "Twice". I replied "Goofy...." Then he did his laugh and then proceeded to show me three, four, and five fingers. I told goofy "Wow, that's a lot of rides in a row!" And he grabbed his head and made the "I'm dizzy" motion. Haha
MattUGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
Eileeeeeeen!ô
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 6

We like to tell the White Rabbit that he's late -- he totally freaks out.

Calder always asks Eeyore if he has his tail, which makes the little gloomy donkey spin around to check...

Ask Pinocchio about his strings
Tell Cruella you saw a puppy behind her (or ask how the coat is coming along)
Ask any princess about her prince
Ask Pluto to show you his collar -- or tell him you taste good (eww, dog licks!)
Ask Chip how you tell him apart from Dale
I'm with Mark on "tic-tocking" Captain Hook - he has the greatest glares

I love interacting with the characters, but especially the non-face characters. Sometimes the pantomime is terrific and side-splitting. (The story of bacon and Piglet at Mousefest had me roaring!)

Eileen
Caldercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #14 (permalink)

this took place at disneyland, but for me, this was the funniest thing i've seen yet (as some of you may already know)

Old 01-20-2006, 10:40 AM   #15 (permalink)

Ask Chip or Dale if they are squirrels.
Ask the Prince where he is from.
TiggerTails is offline   Reply With Quote