Do you carry your PassPorter to the parks? - Page 2 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > Welcome! > Using Your PassPorter: Tips and Answers
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2005, 03:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Re: Do you carry your Passporter to the parks?

I like your index card idea! It looks like I'll be leaving my PP at our house because I know that I'd hate lugging it around! I wish April would hurry up and get here already!!!!!
lablady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 07:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

I bring the PP on the trip & leave it in the hotel - referencing it in the mornings.

I found a cute spiral bound hardcover mini-notebook with Pooh on it - copied all our phone numbers & PS's in it and used it as a journal for the trip. It fit easily in my waist pack & made writing the trip report tons easier!
Politzania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 10:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Concierge Level: 1

We took "the holy grail" as DH likes to refer to it, EVERY day - Since he was wearing the bookbag!
TinkMulanMickeysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 06:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

Like most of you, I brought mine with me on my trip, but left it in the hotel room, feeling it was too bulky to take with me for the day. My first trip in Nov. '03 I had a spiral-bound edition and ended up ripping the pages of the park maps out of the book and taking them with me for the day; yes it did mess up the pages a little. This past trip in November, 3004 I upgraded to the Deluxe edition and again took the park map pages along with me for the day; the Passporter maps are better and easier to read than Disney's, IMO. Plus, now that they're on sturdier paper, they hold up better in the parks. I enjoy having the Passporter with me in the hotel room at night to preview the next day's activities and fill in the Passpockets.
elbug10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 08:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

I always took my PP to all the parks. I bought a waist bag at Walmart that was longer than a nomal waist bag. It fit perfectly in it and I was able to put other things in it also. I put it over my head and arm. It was very comfortable.
kncrafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 02:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Concierge Level: 3

I've done both! I've carried it in a shoulder bag and I've brought it but left it in the hotel. I must say that I prefer not to carry it. This year I'm buying a deluxe though so I can take pages out and carry them if I want to. I usually make a 3X5 index card plan for the next day each night in the room as we sit around and discuss it. Then all I carry is the card and the WDW provided map. It works out great!
Cheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:46 AM   #22 (permalink)
Community Rank: Passenger

I don't take mine into the parks. I do, however, do a version fo the "index card trick." I duplicate all my info from each PassPocket onto a large posty note which I stick to each pocket during my preparation at home. Before we leave our room I just remove that day's posty, fold it in half and put it in my bag. When I enter the park and pick up my guide map I just unfold the posty and stick it to my map. It stays there as handy reference for my PS's and must-do attractions and tips for the rest of the day!

For me, my Passporter is more of a planning and organization tool rather than a "touring guide." My family refers to my deluxe passporter as "The Tackle Book" because if they EVER see me lay it down unattended they have permission to tackle me! That's because the deluxe binder is perfect for all my important documents, ID, credit cards, cash, etc. Literally my entire trip is in one book and it spends all of it's unattended time in the room safe. (Hmmm, I better not wear a name tag at Mousefest this year or you all will know who's passporter to "make off" with to seriously increase your souvenir budget! ) Anyway, it fits perfectly in the room safe and I don't worry about misplacing anything important in the myriad of pockets in my carry-on.
amymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:16 PM   #23 (permalink)

<font color="blue">I don't take mine to the parks, I do bring it with me to read on the plane and in the hotel room. I keep a lot of info for the trip I'm on in the passporter. I like to travel as light as possible while touring the parks.

</font> <font color="purple"> Too Late Amy some of us already know who you are!

</font>
DisneyM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:28 AM   #24 (permalink)

I have the spiral 2004 and just got the deluxe 2005. I was thinking that I may just pull the maps from my old book (since I don't really care if they get bent up) and leave my deluxe pristine back at the house!

Index cards will work great for PSs and all my Fairy Godmailer info!

Only 23 days!
lablady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:06 AM   #25 (permalink)
Community Rank: Passenger

[ QUOTE ]
</font> <font color="purple"> Too Late Amy some of us already know who you are!</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, grasshopper, but where you made your first mistake was admitting to it!
amymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

I do carry my PP with me in the parks,I put it in a gallon size Ziploc bag and into the back pack it goes, I like to be able to refer to it when I need it. Hey it also gives me something to read while I am waiting in line!!
Goofy-One-29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Yes we do the same thing. Bring it on the trip but leave it in the room. I make a couple copies of the PSes (one for my Passholder and one for DH's camera bag) and usually make a couple copies of the "updates" that they provide on the web page. (I have gone enough times now that those are usually the things I refer to most--the recent changes.) That way we have everything in the room if we want to make a new PS but only have a few light-weight pages to take with us (and get all messed up--YES they do!) HTH, Alicia
xmasbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:05 PM   #28 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6

I usually have mine so far in advance that I have read it through multiple times. I circle and underline--in pencil only!--the most important facts for our current trip and then leave it in the room. (Although the beautiful color maps, which are much better than Disney's, have tempted me to pull them out and carry them with me, the librarian in me is afraid to actually do that. Pencilling in a book is bad enough...)

I purchased a Passporter ticket holder to wear and I pop my charge slips, etc. in it. Then at the end of the day, I make notes on the day's events in our Passporter and put all our receipts into the appropriate pocket. I feel so organized!

Of course, I then start reading again for the next day. No better browsing when sitting by the pool than my Passporter.

Sandra in Northern VA [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/zread.gif[/img]
yalibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:41 AM   #29 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6

Best idea I ever followed was one I read about here. I took the maps out of my Deluxe PP and took them to Staples to get color copies for 19c each and on the back I book my itinerary page for that day (schedule, touring plans, PS) everything and then I had it laminated together.

When we just went back last week, we actually used the same maps and cards though our PS #s were obviously different I just taped the new over the old and used the same touring plans as we generally like to do the same things and it isn't set in stone....just reminds me where we'd like to be around what time.
Courtney892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:40 AM   #30 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

I take mine in so I always have my ADR confirmation #'s with me and its a great way to stay organized.
CarolinesMom is offline   Reply With Quote