Do you carry your PassPorter to the parks? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > Welcome! > Using Your PassPorter: Tips and Answers
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2005, 02:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Do you carry your PassPorter to the parks?

This will be my first trip with a PassPorter. I have the 2004 spiral version but will have the deluxe version once it gets here! I was wondering how many of you actually take them to the park with you and what is your preferred method of carrying it? I usually wear a waist pack and taking the whole book might be a bit bulky. I could use a back pack but I prefer not having something hanging off of me, especially if it gets hot!! (if!! yeah right) I would love to have the info with me to review if I need to. This is only my third trip to WDW and I want to slow down and notice some of the details and I know that the PP would help. Do you pull out the appropriate pages and just carry those? Would they get mashed up? If you have any great solutions pls let me know! Thanks!
My Previous TripsDCL Western Caribbean January 2012, Yacht Club January 2012, Pop January 2011, DCL Eastern Caribbean January 2011, DCL Bahamas double-dip May 2010, Pop May 2010, POFQ Dec. 2008, offsite Nov. 2007, Pop Apr. 2007, Pop May 2006, offsite Mar. 2005, offsite Oct. 2003, offsite July 1987
lablady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 05:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 3
Re: Do you carry your Passporter to the parks?

I don't carry my book to the parks. I do bring it with me though, and every night and every morning, I refer to it before we leave the room.

If you're getting a deluxe this time, then maybe you can bring the pages you need for that particular day, and leave the rest in the room. Much lighter and easier to carry!
Jennifer2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

I don't take mine with me into the parks but I do bring it with me and leave it at the hotel. The night before or first thing in the morning, I look over the pages of where we are going to be that day. Heck, by the time the trip comes - I have the more important parts of the book memorized from reading over and over. Thank god the book is printed on good paper or else I'd probably wear it out!!
crystalloubear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Original BagMan
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 6

We take it on the trip with us, but usually leave the actual passporter in the room. I use it to check our "rigidly flexible" schedule for the day, and keep our reservations/PS number is.

I also use a disneyplanner program to log and print out those numbers and the tentative schedules for the day, which goes with me in my camera pack...
LizardCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

I carried our Deluxe into the parks the first few days of our last trip, but discovered that because it was in the backpack, we didn't use it. It just wasn't that accessible.. However, if you carry just the pages you'll need (in the PP Pouch or a waist pack) tucked into the Passpocket for that day, then it's a lot easier to get to and use. (And the pocket keeps the pages pretty safe.)
Mariposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 09:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Like everyone else, we bring it with us, but leave it in the room. Do refer to it sevral times a day, though!
disneymom9092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

We just bring the pocket for the day...
TheGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 01:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
But why is the rum gone?

I don't carry mine with me to the parks. I have the delux version I look over it the night before and carry the yellow pockets with me for that day.
SHEANA1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have the deluxe version, too, but I use 4x6 cards to write down daily itineraries, PSes, and important notes. I hole-punch these and keep them in the PP, then take the one I need for the day with me. I also "trim" my PP down before we go, removing resort pages we don't need and other pages we might not need. Leaves more room for "stuffing" the passpockets! When I return home, I reassemble the book and put the passpockets with my scrapbooking supplies. When the next edition comes out, the old one is put on binding rings and set aside for "future reference".
graygables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wishing and Hoping
Community Rank: Jetsetter

I carry my passporter into the parks. I have the spiral version. I carry a mini-backpack (Vera Bradley MiMi Backpack http://www.verabradley.com/ProductDetail.aspx?qs1=18822 which has plenty of room for my passporter, autograph book, pens, etc.
tigger22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hakuna Matata
Community Rank: Legend

I bring mine with me and leave it in the hotel room also. I check out and read up on the park that we are going to the next day and maybe try to figure out where I might want to eat and such. It is very handy for keeping ps #'s in and I also fill out the info on each pocket for that day.
FanOfMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 02:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

I bring the whole thing with me and leave it in my room. I only carry the Passpocket of the day into the park. I have found that if I keep it in a plastic comic book sleeve it stays in better condition. Don't know why but it does. I also use the snap rings to store my old Passporters.

boBšoš
boBmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 02:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

i take it with me to the hotel and use it for the info and we sit around after the day and fill in the info in the pockets in the passporter its a nice way to end the day . but i make my own mini book from a small jounal i put it into four sections for the parks and if there is ps for that park i indicate it in the right places and what rides i want to go on just general things so i wont be standng in the middle of the park and say ''ok what do we do now ?!''
notazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

I've gone twice to WDW and gone both ways. The first time we took it into the parks, but the second trip we carried it on certain days, but left it in the room on most. Of course, both trips we had a child in diapers or training pants so we had a backpack to carry, and the PP isn't that large. (We get the spiral and it becomes it's own souvenier! Ruth
Disneybound! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 03:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

I bought the spiral version when I visited the parks in October 2003 and carried it in a bacpack (along with a poncho for the occasional showers and water rides). I had no problems with it being bulky. I referred to it a lot during the day.
rjtravel is offline   Reply With Quote