Deluxe vs. Spiral Bound PassPorter - Page 2 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > Welcome! > Using Your PassPorter: Tips and Answers
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 7
Re: Deluxe vs. Spiral Bound PassPorter

I just got the Deluxe for this year (2006) and it!! Definitely has a lot more storage areas for all my goodies. I stil will buy a spiral if I have an impromptu trips.
DawnDenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #17 (permalink)

I don't have a Deluxe PP . . . yet. I think I'm going to order one today though. I love my spiral PP, but I think it's time to "upgrade".
Joanne929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:57 AM   #18 (permalink)

I first found Passporter at Waldens Bookstore and bought the 2005 spiral bound. I fell in love!

I bought the deluxe 2006 as a birthday present to myself and I just fell in love all over again. I keep it in my SUV mostly and read thru it at lunch and I always get comments and questions about it.

My hubby even asked if we could get "refill" pockets and reuse the book. I asked if he would mind if we ordered a second deluxe binder and pockets to use for non disney trips and he said yes! It's soo easy and soo much more organized than how we usually are -

and I guess I don't have a good reason to like the deluxe more - I just do
flechette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
PassPorter Goddess

PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

Concierge Level: 6

Gotta be the Deluxe PassPorter for me! The biggest reason - the PassPockets. I take out just that days pocket, put it in my PassHolder and have everything I need! Plus I love all the additional pockets in the binder for me to stash stuff.
Belle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Another vote for the Deluxe! I make my budget in excel and custom lists in word, as well as my timeline of things to do. I can print them up to pages to a sheet and they fit perfectly! I can also add the index cards the kids make for me with their top five don't miss attractions for each park for planning.
Also, information such as menus and other great info from allearsnet.com can be printed two pages per sheet and added inside.
Cinderella_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Concierge Level: 4

Hello Everyone!

I was a little torn between the Spiral and the Deluxe at first. I LOVE LOVE LOVE <u>any</u> Passporter!! It's the only guide book I always recommend to people. Right now I have both. I really like the way you can hold everything together with the Deluxe, but like alot of other people, I haven't found a good way to store the old refills. So, here's what I did for our trip this year: I went ahead and got the Spiral version, and also one of those nifty Bible cover type things that has all the pockets and such. I found one that fits my Spiral PP perfectly! And it has zippered pockets and velcro pockets of all sizes, places to put pens, sticky notes, maps and brochures, notepads, extra stickers, and things that I have printed off the computer -- lists, menus, etc. (these are all the things I currently have crammed into in anyway ). Plus, it zips shut! I don't think you can go wrong either way, it really depends on how many 'extra' things you end up adding.
DisneyDork712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

Concierge Level: 7

I love my Deluxe. I'm glad I went for it. There is no going back now.
Amirah95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

This is the first year that I bought (deluxe)passporter. It's so great because it gives me a place to keep my ID/ annual passes/ room keys and all of my reservation information. It seems to be a tough little book, I tote it with me wherever I go so I can jot things down whenever. Absolutely love it! I can't wait to actually use it on vacation!
Malorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Bil
Community Rank: Passenger

I also just got my first Deluxe, and wish I had bought it the first time!! Well worth the extra money. My first one was the spiral, and I was taking out pages I didn't need, but that meant tearing pages out, and it just didn't look too good after that. Now I can move stuff around how I like it (pre-trip I have the resorts and planning in front, during trip, parks in the front, etc.)

Will use it on every trip from here on out!!

Quote:
I really like the way you can hold everything together with the Deluxe, but like alot of other people, I haven't found a good way to store the old refills.
I don't know if this would work, but my father has used this, Covey Storage Cases to store his old day planners. You could add stickers from your trip to decorate the outside. Just an idea.

Bil
Bil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I really like the way you can hold everything together with the Deluxe, but like alot of other people, I haven't found a good way to store the old refills.
Earlier, I posted a similar statement, but have since had an idea.

There are rings (I assume you can purchase at an office supply store) that function just like the rings in the deluxe binder. They should enable you to hold your loose leaf pages together for storage. I don't know about the refill kits, but the starter kit for the deluxe version has the blue front/back book covers included with it. Between the rings and these, you've pretty much made a book out of your loose leaf stuff.

In fact, perhaps the Passporter powers-that-be could eventually consider including rings right with their deluxe and/or refill kits. It would be in line with what the Passporter is largely about: organization and convenience! (and no, I'm not a paid spokesperson...just a newbie that has recently fallen in love with my Passporter).
Carrie_10k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
Community Rank: Passenger

I like the ability to customize my delux binder.

I would like to archive my old Passporter in a binder too... something a little bit neater than the rubber band I am using right now.

Has anyone been able to find a plain binder for archiving their previous Passporters?
linneakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:39 AM   #27 (permalink)

I am a Deluxe Passporter gal. I love the conveince of the binder. It is easy to keep everthing organized!
CarolinesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

Deluxe for me
snoozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:22 PM   #29 (permalink)

I have only owned the deluxe and I love it! I like the idea of being able to just buy the refills and use the same binder.
tinkerbellsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:53 AM   #30 (permalink)
Community Rank: Tourist

where do you order the refills? I did not see them in the store
GRUMPY1 is offline   Reply With Quote