Deluxe vs. Spiral Bound PassPorter - Page 3 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > Welcome! > Using Your PassPorter: Tips and Answers
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2006, 01:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
PassPorter Author

PassPorter's Club Passholder
What's this?

Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 6
Re: Deluxe vs. Spiral Bound PassPorter

If you click the Store link at the top of this page and look in the left-hand column, you'll see a section dedicated to Deluxe Editions. Just click the appropriate link.
Dave Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Concierge Level: 1

Deluxe! I like the cover, the extra pockets, pen holder, it just makes it all seem official when I pull out my deluxe. I am waiting to pull it out again! The little birdie (that's me) has been telling him it time for another trip. AP is burning a hole in my pocket!

Danielle
fairestofthemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

hmmmm - sounds like I should order Deluxe next time - I've ordered the spiral since 2004 and love it but the deluxe sounds wonderful!
JBARN105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:48 PM   #34 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 3

I'm late to the discussion, I know, but I love my Deluxe. It's been with me to the World twice (followed by a DCL cruise each time). I especially like only having to carry those pages in it that I am actually using, like the park maps and my resort info. Plus, it gives me a great writing surface for my voluminous note-taking (the better to have detailed trip reports!!).
BRWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:19 AM   #35 (permalink)
Community Rank: Visitor

I bought a spiral for my friend. After I looked thru it I decided I wanted one. I ordered the deluxe. I have taken some pages out and put other pages in. Having never been toWDW not sure what to take and what to leave. Next year when we go to DL will purchase a PassPorter. One of my better purchases.
mousehouselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

We have had our Deluxe since 2002 and the binder is as good as it was on day 1. The binder is top quality and seems to be made to last a very long time. Good investment!!

Ken
kbken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:15 AM   #37 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

I'm waiting for my copy, should be in the mail anyday now (DCL 5th Ed)

But I love any book that is in a Binder.
WFMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:52 AM   #38 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trailblazer

Concierge Level: 1

Deluxe! I love the binder aspect of it. I can be so much neater with my notes by being able to remove the pages to write on them.
gwugirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:10 AM   #39 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

I have been torn the last couple of days as to whether I should up grade to the deluxe and spend the extra money. Well after reading this I am going to go order it now. The deciding factor; knowing I will be using it in the future and can just buy the refills verses a new book each time, economically it just made since. Now I am really excited because I can't wait to get it.

Maria R Washington
My Countdown Counting down to: Back to Work
Gotta love all those teacher workdays !!
My Previous TripsWDW day trips 1987-1993, WDW June 2004 (Pop), AK-US-IOA-KSC June 2006, POFQ June 2009, Disney Wonder (Key West/Nassau) July 2010
MAria R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:39 AM   #40 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Concierge Level: 7
another vote for the deluxe.
My Previous Trips1986 off site, 1989 holiday inn, 1999 Dixie Landings, 2004 Contemporary, 2005 Pop, 2007 January-Saratoga Springs,2007 July Old Key West, 2007 December- Polynesian, Dec08 SSR/DisneyWonder/Disney Dolphin, 2009 October..Beach Club Villas and Villas at Wilderness Lodge.-Dec 2009 Disney Wonder April 2010 Hilton Head Resort, January 2011 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village. 12/11 Saratoga Springs Resort 7/14 BayLakeTowers and Wilderness Lodge. 12/15 GrandFloridian Villas
lukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:53 AM   #41 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Even though I have been a member of the Passporter message boards for a few years, I never actually owned a Passporter until last year. I bought the spiral bound at Waldenbooks about a month before our trip. When I realized how much use I got out of it in just 1 month of planning, I bought the deluxe version when we came back home. I really like the ability to remove the pockets and specific pages for each day and take them with you to the park versus bringing the entire book. I also love the extra holders in the front and back of the leather cover in the deluxe binder.
My Previous TripsPoly Concierge Honeymoon 10/00, Contemporary 10/04, Contemporary 10/05, VWL 10/06, SSR 12/07, SSR 04/08, SSR 10/08, OKW 01/09, Kidani Villas 10/09, BLT 01/10, BLT & Pop 6/10, OKW 10/10, CBR 6/11
DoraDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:04 PM   #42 (permalink)
Community Rank: Day-Tripper

I love the Deluxe. We've owned a few, given a few as gifts too. Deluxe is so convenient to add things to, to take out the pocket pages and stick in my backpack for the day. I like to keep my travel club membership cards in the pockets inside the front cover between trips. Car rental documents go nicely in the back inside pocket. It is easy to carry, nothing falls out when you've got it snapped shut.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:10 PM   #43 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Even though I bought the 2007 in spiral, I went ahead and purchased the Deluxe! What took me so long??? I love the Deluxe! Adding or taking pages out without having to rip them out. Awesome job PP team!!

Darcie
My Countdown Counting down to: Fun!!! Fun!!! Fun!!!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW lots of day trips and vacas from 1978-1987-grew up in FLA! :) 1988? Treehouse Villa, 1990 Disney Villa, 1993 Dolphin/Villa, 1995 RCI Resort, 1996 Hallmark Convention, Hotel?, 1997 I-4 Hotel, 2003 Nov. Sheraton Vistana Village, 2005 Jan. Sheraton Vistana Village, 2006 Dec. Sheraton Vistana Village, 2007 May Ft Wilderness Cabin, 2007 Nov. Disney's HHI, Jan 2011 All-Star Movies
tndisneyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #44 (permalink)
Banned
Community Rank: Legend

Bought the 2007 spiral and upgraded to the Deluxe. It just came today - I'm so excited!!!!
lukeandbrookesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:16 AM   #45 (permalink)

I've have the deluxe for several years now and I recommend it to everyone I meet. The fact that you can customize it to each specific trip is awesome! Also, I've reworked some of those clear zip pouchs to hold odds & ends like tickets, ID's, receipts with security that nothing will fall out. Because the pouches are clear, I know EXACTLY what's in it without having to take a peek.
blondejrsygrl is offline   Reply With Quote