Your greatest PP tips or advice?? - Page 2 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > Welcome! > Using Your PassPorter: Tips and Answers
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2006, 07:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

Concierge Level: 1
Re: Your greatest PP tips or advice??

I currently have the 2006 spiral but pre-ordered the 2007 Deluxe. The only thing I would add is a calendar that you can write in. So, I came up w/this idea. I went to Walmart and bought the Dayrunner Calendar refill for about $4. It has the three holes so you can add it to your binder. I want to use this for my regular everyday planner. Write dr. appts, etc. and can read up on Disney while at dr's office waiting. I can prepare to make my ADR's for my 2007 trip . And count down the days.
LoriNSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

AWESOME idea!! I put a calendar in the front of my spiral to write in for all our ADR's and such. But what a great idea to use it all year. You never get tired of planning a Disney vaca!!
tndisneyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:25 AM   #18 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

That is a great idea with the calendar.
Aminspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

I punched extra holes in a zippered pouch and page protector meant for a 5.5 x 8.5 DayRunner & put them in the front of my Deluxe. I now have someplace to keep smaller items & can put things I want to be able to see regularly (park emh chart etc.) someplace that's easily viewable simply by opening the PassPorter.
revral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Community Rank: Passenger

Concierge Level: 6
I ALWAYS BRING EXTENSION CORDS OR POWER STRIPS TO CHARGE ALL OF MY ELECTRONICS, IT REALLY HELPS, NEVER HAVE ENOUGH OUTLETS IN ROOMS.
jewelnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

I love my passporter, and of course, first and foremost, read it cover to cover! I agree with all the tips before mine and thought I would add something that happened to me recently. I reccomended a friend by a passporter for her upcoming trip. She hasn't been to the world in over 10years. She was disappointed that something she wanted to do wasn't on a suggested touring plan. My advice-this book is full of wonderful tips and advice, but you have to tailor it to your family. Just because someone likes or dislikes something doesn't mean your family will feel the same. Use it as a guide, not a "do only as we say."

My Countdown Counting down to: Nov 2011 trip
My Previous TripsWDW March 2008, WDW Nov 2007, WDW Aug 2007, WDW May 2007, DCL Nov. 2006, WDW May 2006, WDW Oct. 2005, WDW Oct. 2004, WDW Oct. 2003, WDW Oct. 2002, WDW May 2000, WDW alot more from 1977 thru 2000!!!!
Chri5ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Community Rank: Day-Tripper

As well as writing everything...EMH, Parade/Firework times, times of shows I don't want to miss, all ADR's and confirmation numbers...on the passporter pockets for each day, I also print out my maid envelopes well ahead of time and put the tips in for the trip. Then I pop the tip envelope into each day's pocket. When I take the pocket from the binder for that day, I leave the maid's tip envelope out at that time too so I don't forget! I get so excited getting ready for the day I found on one trip I had three envelopes left at the end of the week, so since then I have been keeping them with the daily plan.

Sara
April 2007 POR-FQ
September 2007 POR-FQ
October 2007 POR-FQ
Nov. 25-Dec. 2 2007 POR-FQ

Can you guess my favorite resort? LOL
northie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:11 PM   #23 (permalink)

RE: PP Tips and advice

First, just because you have read your PP cover to cover before you leave for vaca, make sure you review your plans for the next day before you go to bed. If you are planning on park hopping, check the suggested travel from one park to another.
Double check the plans you made before you left home with the park guides and times sheets available at your hotel. In case you need to make adjustments, your PP will help you to make any needed changes to your plans.

Rhonda
My Countdown Counting down to: Our First Trip to see MVMCP
87 days, 7 hours, 42 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Vacations - - 1972 Day Trip; September & October, 1983; May 1991 Oldest daughter's 1st trip and Disney Souvenier 9 months later; July 2006 ASM (with Girl Scouts); August 2007 POR May 2010 OKW
bau8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

WOW... I have had PassPorters since they came out, and it never even occurred to me to add a planner-size calendar!! What a fabulous idea!!!!

I guess my best tips are these:

1.) GET THE DELUXE VERSION! Not only is it less expensive to just buy refills after that for future trips, but it's much more "trip friendly." As others have said, you can take out any pages that don't pertain to your trip and reduce the bulk of it a great deal. Plus, the slots in the binder itself are great for airline frequent-flyer cards, Castaway Club card, things like that.

2.) Fill out the backs of your PassPockets! Write in the info for specific meal costs, things you learned that day, etc. in the spaces there while it's fresh in your mind, and that info will help you a great deal in planning your next trip.
Mariner of the Seas ~ '12
Walt Disney World waaaayyy too much (according to some people!
Upcoming: Disneyland ~ 10/5/12
Back on our beloved Magic!! ~ 2/2013
My Countdown Counting down to: Going to Disneyland!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Gina_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Talking Outlook Calendar

I printed out a calendar from Outlook and customized it to the timeframe of our vacation. I punched holes in it and put in in my Deluxe Passporter, which is the Disney bible, by the way! Then I was able to pencil in plans to start with and then when things were finalized, I penned them in.

I also use the pockets for all my non-Disney trips. I use them for travel tickets, reservations, rental numbers and phone numbers, etc. They are invaluable to keeping it all organized and in one place. I LOVE them.

Dorothy - Next Disney Trip - Nov 29, 2008, first trip around Christmas time, and can't wait.
ddavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #26 (permalink)
Community Rank: Passenger

I buy the Post-it-notes The long ones with the lines, they come it a package with different colors. I stick one in the Pass porter at the beginning of eackh park section and start adding notes of things I don't want to miss like "DeVine between Africa and Asia" Or "Tusker house for Lunch and a note as to what caught my eye on the menu". Any little tips for the parks I don't want to forget. Then the evening before when I review my pass porter for the next day I just take out the notes for the park I'm visiting the next day fold them and put into my PassPorter Passholder Pouch.
I get lots of Ideas from the boards and hate coming home and saying "ahh, I forgot all about that"

Last edited by ChrisF; 01-06-2008 at 10:15 AM..
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:23 AM   #27 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 4
I LOVE THE PASSPORTER AND HAVE TOLD A LOT OF MY FRIENDS TO BUY IT. THEY HAVE LOOKED IN MY OLD ONES AND WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A CURRENT ONE. THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR USING THE DELUXE AND I WILL NEVER USE ANYTHING ELSE, IT IS GREAT AND I LOVE THE IDEA FOR THE CALENDAR SO CLEVER. MAYBE JEN AND DAVE WILL ADD ONE FOR THE NEXT ONE. I DEFINATELY WOULD READ IT COVER TO COVER THE INFO IN IT IS AWESOME AND YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE IT TO YOUR OWN VACATION WITH SOME GREAT POINTS BY READERS AND J&D. ONCE YOU GET YOUR BOOK YOU NEED TO COME TO THE WEBSITE AND REGISTER YOUR BOOK TO GET THE UPDATES. AND READ THE BOARDS OF COURSE THERE IS SO MUCH INFO HERE. WE USE THE POCKETS FOR EVERYTHING DURING OUR TRIP AND IT IS GREAT YOU CAN KEEP YOUR BOOK FOR FUTURE MEMORIES, I PUT A PICTURE INSIDE EACH DAY OF OUR VACATION POCKET SO WHEN WE LOOK BACK WE CAN SEE OURSELVES IN THAT PARK, AT LUNCH/DINNER OR WHATEVER WE DID THAT DAY.
CAN'T WAIT TIL OUR NEXT VACATION!!
doccoc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Great idea for the calendar. I'm going to print one now. I like to pencil in the places I want to see and eat, then when planning our ADRs I can refer to the eateries and attractions and mark them in ink.

My Countdown Counting down to: Christmas with Mickey
See ya real soon!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsPOP 2010, POFQ 2008, CS 2002, ASMu 1995, off site 1990
Marybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:54 AM   #29 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

I have a few books and this one is so much easier to read and get thru! I like that it is easy to find things and the pass pockets are great to transcribe all your information into. If I had to choose one book I know this is the one's I will purchase in the future!

I used a highlight to go thru the book and figure I can hit those pages again right before we leave!
My Previous TripsThe Contemporary 1/2013,The Yacht and Beach Club 1/2012, Coronado Springs 1/2011, WL May 2009, WDW POLY April 2008, DCL, March 2005, Kiawah Island, 2004, Las Vegas, 2004, Atlantis, Royal Tower 2002, RCL, 2001, Princess Cruises x 2, Holland America x2, Palmas Del Mar PR, Disney trips off property x 2, Denver Colorado the Broadmoor, etc.
Lori Jakiela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:26 AM   #30 (permalink)

Cool more tips ...

I have the PP spirals and deluxe versions my favs are the deluxe binders which I ordered old '03 and '04 for CHEAP then bought the '07 refill and of course pre-ordered my 2008 version for cheap since it was presale to members.
Here are my tips .. I also laminated my maps but did so from the older versions and whichever parks we were going to that day I add those laminated maps in the front with my park/event hours e-worksheets. This allows you to keep your park maps from current versions in the rightful places without messing up the order of your book.
Also, my greatest tip would have to be taking the time to buy post it tabs to tab your binder. I tabbed each section such as resorts,dining, websites,index plus each indiviual park and each resort tabbed separately. Under dining each park is tabbed as well as each resort. I also tabbed for each worksheet and areas like touring -- i don't have my book right here or I could tell you all of them. Also under dining each park again has a tab plus i tabbed 'RESORTS' in that section. I then labelled each tab with my handy dandy 'DYMO' ...LOL so it's all nice and neat and took the time to also label each on the backside of the tabs. I did spend about $10-15 for my tabs but I know every section of my book now and anyone can find anything in a flash with it. We pull it out lots of times to find nearby eating/snacking places or to see how far it is for our group to get food from different spots. Plus you get a good synopsis of foods for each place and costs.

And whether or not you are on the DDP or not if you make dining res. try this tip :
get some post it flags in different BRIGHT colors ... on each day's envelope where it says dining evening (or what meal it's for) write the day/date plus reservation time and then the rest. where it's located (park or resort name) and your Res. # -- I use 2 for each reservation and place them on the same line but end to end so you have more writing surface to put all your info. This helps you stay organized and allows to you to go back and check dates when you get your pics printed at a later date. Also -- we left ours in the PP from June and knew we wanted some of the same places and times and we were able to look those up. Once you no longer need them peel them off and now your next trip you have your envys ready to plan again. (For those days over the final day envelope that you may be staying .... just add the post it flags on the back of one of the pocket envelopes that you don't have anything in and use one line for each reservation and place them one under the other until you use your days up.

We also used the pockets on the inside of the deluxe binder to hold our LUAH tickets that could not be separated or they would be voided ... it held them all day no problems barred.

Hope some of you find this helpful,
robyn
pngndn is offline   Reply With Quote