Your greatest PP tips or advice?? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > Welcome! > Using Your PassPorter: Tips and Answers
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2006, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Red Hot Momma~
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 6
Your greatest PP tips or advice??

I just gotta know cause there are so many PassPorter lovers out there! What tip or advice would you give to someone who has never seen or read a PassPorter before? What is the greatest words of wisdom?

I'm really looking forward to these responses!
AllisonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Scout

Re: Your greatest PP tips or advice??

I had the PP maps color copied (front and back with other info), then I 'laminated' with clear book covers and those are what I carried around the parks.

(I picked up the WDW maps too - but I used those to 'journal' my trip while we were in the parks.)
Eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 1

Make sure you use the pass pockets they are great to keep all your information in one place and to put all your paper confirmations so you can have them easily accesible.

Also as they go through the book highlight in different colors the things the kids would like to see, what the teens would like to see, and what the adults would like to see.
that way when making an itinerary you can make sure everyone has something they like on it.
iamgrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

I am currently looking at Jennifer and Dave's restaurant favorites. All of the information is so well organized, it is easy to find answers to questions very quickly.
songbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red Hot Momma~

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Wow, super tips so far.
I know there's more out there. Come on everybody! Join in!
Old 03-31-2006, 04:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

I can't think of anything specific to the PassPorter, but here's what I did with my PassHolder:

When my PassHolder arrived, I didn't like the way it hung on me, but Joshua (3) said he wanted to wear it on the trip. Since he was going to wear it anyway, I used the clear pocket on the front to put our information in in case we got separated. Joshua's pretty shy and I didn't think he'd be able to tell anybody that he was lost, or be of any assistance should somebody figure out that he was lost.

I cut paper to size and laminated it, the front (where it would show through the clear pocket) said "If I can't find my Mommy or Daddy ... " and the back had our names and cell phone number on it. I also put another card in there with his name, age, hotel info, and a few things about Joshua and his likes, in the hopes that whoever found him would try to engage him in conversation they would have something to try to talk to him about.

We never did get separated, so we didn't have to use the info cards, but it made me feel better.
christiejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Red Hot Momma~

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Well, I thought I would chime in with my tips.

First off I would say to read the PassPorter from front to back. When you get a a sense of where the PP is going and the author's intetions, it's easier to fall along. I believe EVERYTHING printed in the PP has the potential in being very helpful to a person or persons planning a WDW vacation.

I would also suggest keeping a look out for anything highlighted with a green background. It means changes Disney has made. Be it a ride, a resort, a service, ect.... It is calling the readers attention to the particular change/update.
and

Lastly I would tell them to utilize all the help the PP is giving you. A web community has been provided for all those questions you might have or just to find other Disney friends. The resort section of the PP gives huge details on the rooms, amenities, dining, shopping, pools. The restaurant section is full of details too. If your going to be planning such a grand Disney vacation I think you should use all the help you can get and the PP's help is immeasurable!
My Previous TripsWDW- 73,75x2,76,78,79,80,81,82,84x2,86x2,88, 89x2,90x2,91x2,92x2,93x2,95,96, 97,98,99x2,00x7,01x4,02x3,03x4, 04x4,05,07x4,08x2, 09x4, 10x3, 11x5, 12
Old 04-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

Concierge Level: 7

If you have the deluxe, take out the pages you don't need. For instance, if you are not staying onsite...pull those pages out. It makes your Passporter lighter. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Amirah95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 08:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

After you have nailed down your ADR's, fill them in on your Passpockets in pencil with the confirmation #'s. Also, write which parks will have EMH on those days and whether they are AM EMH or PM EMH. (I put that info on the top of the pocket over the itinerary.) Then pencil in plans, such as which park you're planning to visit, shows to see, etc.
As you are actually touring, write the places you actually went/ate, shows you saw, etc. in pen.
I also like to use the map to journal what we did first by putting a 1 on it, and so on, so that I can remewber when I'm journalling later.
Cinderella_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

As I'm reading through the park and eatery sections I use different colored post it flags to mark various attractions and eateries. For the attractions my code is as follows: purple = always - something I always do unless it's closed
green = usually - something I do the vast majority of visits
orange = sometimes - somthing I only do on some visits
yellow = want to but haven't done it yet
For the eateries section my code is:
purple = eaten there before & loved it
green = eaten there before & thought it was okay
orange = eaten there before & hated it
yellow = haven't eaten there but want to
revral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 2

I always read mine cover to cover, and highlight the passages I am especially interested in. I refer back to the maps and dining section constantly when I am planning our touring route and ADR's... it is invaluable! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
ilovedisney0_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

I agree with taking out pages,like the resorts where you aren't staying. However, don't leave them at home because you may need info about the restaurants or such at a resort where you aren't staying. I use colored tabs to find things easier.
Wondcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

I tell anyone who even mentions in passing they are going to WDW that they need the passporter. My travel Agent had never heard of it, so I gave her one and now she recomends them too.
Tips are as follows:
1)A gallon size Ziplock bag goes a long way. A larger one w/ a handel is now available, too.
2)Everyone gets a different hilighter. If it's already marked put a 1/2 inch mark in your colour in the margin next to it.
3)Wright ressi #s in the pockets. Needed it once and had it! Most folks don't you know!
4)Study it cover to cover. You might not realize you wanted to do that until your at the park and DH has the passporter w/ him.
5)Most important tip to new users: GET A NEW ONE EACH TRIP!!! My cousin tried to use an older copy from the library and almost missed out on a bunch of great new things. Lucky I had my current copy w/ me.

Good luck &amp; great touring!
Dale_Loves_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Location: Cypress....Deep in Southern Illinois, close enough to see the Kentucky blue grass

Read, study and memorize all the things that are important to you and even the ones that might interest you.

Also as someone else mentioned tell your friends that are going to Disney. I know since June alone I have enticed 5 new people to buy one.
mrsmac2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

my sister and I were in a book store looking at all the disney books( we are planning a trip for next summer) and the passporter was the first one she picked up and looked threw and said this is the one we need to get and I looked at her and smiled and said I had already ordered one, she is looking forward to going threw it
tkmom1972 is offline   Reply With Quote