Accident while at WDW. Whom should I contact? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter Universe: General Trip Planning and Discussion > Vacationing Your Way: Your Special Needs
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 01:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Concierge Level: 2
Accident while at WDW. Whom should I contact?

On the next to last night of our December trip we attended MVMCP. Disney is great at many things but not at crowd control and flow after events and not at monorail ramps at park closing. After the show, parade and Holiday Wishes, the Castle area clears out but CMs are non-existent in the area . I was using my own ECV, a smaller 3 wheeled type with a family member on either side of me when I was rammed in the back by a big man driving a park-rental ECV, one of those large grey things, and a few minutes later hit broadside by a park rental double stroller, loaded with older kids and supplies (it just missed my DD and got me instead, thankfully). I felt something snap and hurt right away after the collisions, but figured it would go away and had no desire to ruin my family's final day at WDW. I was in a lot of pain but made it home in the 20th only to have my MD closed and not be able to get in until the Thursday after Christmas. Diagnosis, no surprise, two broken and one cracked rib. Nothing can be done except to hurt and wait for it to heal. I haven't even been up to holding my iPad and am only on now because I hurt too much to sleep!
I feel that Disney management needs to know about the dangers of not controlling crowds and that someone could be killed-especially a small child- due to simple lack of planned "coming and going" routes. Can anyone tell me whom I should contact? I did talk to a CM in Frontierland when I was able to get out of the crush, but she blew me off saying, "That's just the way it is and (I)need to be careful!" I WAS careful, I just couldn't get out of the way of idiots who were not watching where they were going!
Thanks!

Many trips to the parks around the world!
Next trip to WDW and Universal will be 1/16, but I'm trying to sneak in one trip to Disneyland before then!
My Countdown Counting down to: Christmas Trip to WDW and Universal!!
The Holiday Magic has Officially Begun!!!
disneyparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 3
I have no idea who you could contact but that's horrible that happened. Good luck getting the name/address

Lenny and Abby before dinner at 1900 PF

It's here, my 2013 Trip Report We can fly, we can fly, we can fly.....We Flew COMPLETED 10/14

Looking for all my other PTR/TR's? They are in the very first post in the above link

My Countdown Counting down to: We hadn't planned on going to Disney this year, but since we're able to we're going to do it and enjoy it
111 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes
My Previous TripsAll WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music
CinderAbby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Concierge Level: 6
Ow! That's terrible. I'm not sure who you'd contact, but maybe if you call guest relations for MK they can point you in the right direction and give you the contact you need to report the incident.
Nalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

I totally agree. I remember reading about one persons experience on either Christmas day or New years day and thinking that is a serious accident waiting to happen. Hope you find someone willing to listen.

My Countdown Counting down to: Moving back temporarily to Scotland
62 days, 16 hours, 50 minutes
Thomhazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Personally I think that if you are hurt on Disney property you need to go to guest services right away, Don't wait till after you are home. You need to report any accident when it happens.
At this point you can write a letter with your concerns, but don't expect more that a "we got your letter" in return.
I got my toe broken on a trip a few years back while watching wishes in front of the castle. A woman on a park rented ECV decided she wanted to head out of the park in the dark & plowed through the crowd hitting everyone on her way. DH was hit, my foot was run over, people were screaming but she didn't stop, she kept hitting people. no cast members could be seen. People were jumping the iron fences onto the lawns.. I too didn't want to disrupt our vacation & should have. My foot swelled up, my toe turned black & blue. DH ended up getting me a wheelchair. Got home had x rays & it was broken. My lesson? Go to guest services, report what happened, let them get me medical treatment.... I know lots of others were hurt too that night..

Merry
Eeyore Tattoo's Bio
"Vacationing Your Way: Your Special Needs" Forum & DL: Southern California Attractions
My Previous TripsCBR: May 1999, CBR:October 2001 Disneyland: June 2002, CSR: October: 2003, POR: May 2005, POFQ: Dec-Jan 2005-2006, POFQ: May 2007, POR :Dec. 2007, Disneyland:May 2008, Mousefest: Dec. 2008 Disneyland: June 2009 AKL Savanna: Oct. 2009 December Gathering BLT: Dec. 2009 BLT Oct. 2010 Paradise Pier Aug. 2011 BLT Nov. 2011 Disneyland/California Adventure 2013 AKV May 2013

Last edited by Eeyore Tattoo; 01-07-2013 at 11:17 AM..
Eeyore Tattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

I agree with Deb that, even though it would have been an inconvenience to your traveling party you should have reported it straight away, preferably to Guest Services at MK. They will have you fill out an accident report, which means they will have an official record of when and where the incident occurred. Unfortunately, if you wait until you get home, it doesn't appear to them that it was serious. I would still write to them, but, as Deb said, it may go no further at this point.

YODA, IS THAT YOU? Read my Solo-on-a-Scooter WDW TR to find out.
My Previous TripsMost recent WDW trip 2/14; Most recent DLR trip 7/12; Most recent DCL trip 7/12 Alaska Wonder
lauriep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

I agree it would be better to report the accident at the time, but you can still report your concerns about how things are handled.

Here is a link to the email page for WDW:
Contact Us | Walt Disney World Resort

For those who want to send a letter or phone call:
Disney Complaints and Comments:
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Disney Guest Relations - 407-824-4321
SueM loves WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

What's this?

Community Rank: Globetrotter

Next time report the incident immediately so you are in the system. Magic Kingdom has the worst crowd control in all of Florida. I stood there and asked a CM what the lines were for. He said that my side was for through traffic. So why is there a herd of speedbumps in front of me. It can take me half an hour of nonstop saying WALKWAY COMING THROUGH to get people to understand that I want to exit the park. I cannot help you but do warn people about the lack of control at Magic Kingdom. I actually had 2 coordinators watch me go the wrong way and do nothing. They are lazy and just stand around doing nothing.

She is gone but keeping signature. Laundry is getting done. My purpose in life is to help poor people in FL. Farewell, will miss you.
My Countdown Counting down to: Laurie's Birthday
Happy Birthday and may you have a grand day.
My Previous TripsWDW, DLR for 50 years, NYC, San Antonio, Midwest, Catalina Island, San Diego, Vegas, lots of places I have been. I have seen the Atlantic Ocean over 20 times and never been in it.
mechurchlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

WOW! I hope things turn out OK after all, but I do believe you need to report an incident as soon as it happens.

co-leader_for_Sunday_Night_Disney_Trivia_Chat

Here's my free special needs ebook.
Navigating_Disney

Sandra Bostwick
My Previous TripsToo many to count!
Sandra Bostwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

That's awful. I hope that you find the contacts you are looking for. Hope you feel better.
My Previous TripsDisney has always been a part of vacations!!!
cdnmickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #11 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 7
If you report the incident, I'm sure you'll get a reply back. If you go to the website, there is a contact us tab at the bottom. I'm so sorry you got hurt. I think you should definitely report it now so they can get feedback, but I wouldn't expect any compensation. However, a sincere apology may be in order.

Rico: He's not a mutt, he's a "Designer Breed."
My Previous TripsWDW Nov 1987, offsite WDW-April 2007, AS-Movies WDW-Dec. 2007, Contemporary WDW-Jan. 2009, Caribbean Beach WDW-April 2009, AS-Music Family Suites WDW-Dec. 2009, Port Orleans French Quarter WDW-May 2010, Boardwalk Inn WDW-Nov. 2010, Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW-Jan. 2011, Port Orleans Riverside/Polynesian WDW-Oct. 2011, Pop Century WDW - Jan. 2012, Wilderness Lodge WDW - Jan. 2013, Art of Animation and Yacht Club WDW - Oct. 2013, Coronado Springs WDW- Jan. 2014, All Star Sports
JoanneS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 7
I'm with everyone else on this - doesn't matter how small you think the injury is or where you are injured, be it the grocery store or WDW, you need to report it right away. Otherwise, it never happened (legally).
Go ahead and contact them to let them know what happened and how. I wouldn't expect much in the way of anything else. I believe that WDW, like a lot of other places has small writing on the back of their tickets that says basically, "We can't be held responsible if something happens". There are crowds, it's bad, and most people think, for some reason, that they are the only ones there!
I hope you heal quickly. Broken ribs are no fun!!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

I hope you're OK - & feeling a lot better!

I agree with all others who advised to go to Guest Services (at the front of each park) if there is an issue. They will help you & get you to any necessary medical facility.

Again - I hope you are feeling better now!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Sorry to hear about your accident at MK. Many years ago I fell while on a WDW bus when we were getting off at CS. The bus driver should have known something was wrong because I was on the floor in the aisle, and my family was trying to help me. They had to yell at her not to move the bus, which she was attempting to do. She never acknowledged or asked how I was doing. When I got into the resort the front desk called paramedics and sent for the lifeguards to assist me in the meantime. They were wonderful. Since I broke my arm, I wrote to Disney but never heard back from them. I can only hope they talked to the bus driver because nothing else ever came of it.

10/00- CBR * 9/01 - CSR * 7/03 - CSR * 4-5/04 - POFQ *
5/06 - DTD * 6/07 - POFQ * 5/08 - DTD & Sarasota * 5/09 - CSR * 5/10 - Pop & DTD Hilton * 5/11 - DTD Hilton * 5/12 DTD Hilton & N. Redington Beach (Tampa Bay) * 5/13 Pop & DTD Doubletree Suites * 5/14 - POFQ

My Countdown Counting down to: Next trip to WDW!!
25 days, 6 hours, 20 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips1 trip to DL - 1968 & 12 trips to WDW since 2000

Last edited by Disney Franatic; 01-18-2013 at 08:39 AM..
Disney Franatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #15 (permalink)

Three years ago my family and I were at the POFQ at the front desk when I saw what I thought was a large ant crawilng on my wife's arm. I did not have my glases on and I grabbed the bug and squishied it between my fingers. I had the most intense pain start in my fingers and my breathing started to get labored. It was a scorpion not an ant and I am alergic to bees the scorpion sting is the same as an ant basicly. Front desk called me a shuttle to go to the emergency walk in since I already used my epy pen
dizfreak is offline   Reply With Quote