PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums

PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Making More Magic: Everything Else at Walt Disney World! (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Why aren't the Ear Hat Ornaments also actual Ear Hats? I want this one to be a hat! (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292109)

Her Dotness 09-23-2015 11:34 AM

Why aren't the Ear Hat Ornaments also actual Ear Hats? I want this one to be a hat!

It's sooooo unfair!

I would definitely wear this Haunted Mansion one if only...

The Haunted Mansion Ear Hat Ornament | | Disney Store

Bet there's one you wish were an ear hat. Right?

CinderAbby 09-23-2015 12:37 PM

That would be pretty cool as an actual hat. Maybe one day Dot.

GingerJ 09-23-2015 01:15 PM

Wow, fancy! I can imagine that one would have a steep price if it were an actual ear hat, but it's definitely cool.:cool:

Her Dotness 09-23-2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GingerJ (Post 4491380)
Wow, fancy! I can imagine that one would have a steep price if it were an actual ear hat, but it's definitely cool.:cool:

Okay, Ginger, lemme in on the secret (assuming you have one) of what there is at WDW that's this cool which DOESN'T have a steep price! :D

GingerJ 09-23-2015 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her Dotness (Post 4491462)
Okay, Ginger, lemme in on the secret (assuming you have one) of what there is at WDW that's this cool which DOESN'T have a steep price! :D

Ya got me there!

Hugmonster 09-24-2015 01:00 PM

I'd buy one and I do not have any ear hats.

yalibrarian 09-24-2015 03:30 PM

If you search "ear hat images" on Google, you will see the limited edition HM ear hat they did a few years ago that bears some similarity to the ornament. You might also try the make your own shop next time you are there. I must confess I haven't looked for HM stuff, but my son did a bang-up job making a pair in honor of one of his favorite events, Tink's nightly flight.

Create Your Own Mickey Mouse Ear Hat at Downtown Disney | Disney Every Day

Angela531 09-24-2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yalibrarian (Post 4491770)
If you search "ear hat images" on Google, you will see the limited edition HM ear hat they did a few years ago that bears some similarity to the ornament. You might also try the make your own shop next time you are there. I must confess I haven't looked for HM stuff, but my son did a bang-up job making a pair in honor of one of his favorite events, Tink's nightly flight.

I didn't realize you could make your own ears! I like that idea. Which store was that at?

yalibrarian 09-25-2015 11:10 AM

;);)We did ours at Le Chapeau in MK, but there is also a place to do them at Downtown Disney - now Disney Springs.

Just be aware that it's easy to spend lots of $$$ on these. ;)

Hugmonster 09-25-2015 12:49 PM

That is super cool. I will have to Check it out next trip.