PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums

PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Arkansas Family 7-Night Frist Blast in Disney (A Trip Report) (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223415)

Kaileigh 06-18-2010 03:10 PM

The one day were went into DHS and went to try and get a fp for TSM they were gone. The wait was over 2 hrs. Not a chance. This trip we will be doing the fp dash at rope drop to make sure we can ride this ride. The Toy Story 3 release will probably isn't helping with the wait times.....lol Loving you trip report. Its helping with my excitement for the next trip we leave in 2 wks....woo hoo

TraD4Disney 06-18-2010 03:14 PM

Wow! I am really enjoying your trip report. Can't wait for the next day...even though it's a sad day.

I hope the boys enjoyed it as much as you and your wife did!

CinderAbby 06-18-2010 05:44 PM

Just getting caught up again. I'm glad your days are going relatively well except for missing Fantasmic and the long bus line. And how grown up your son sounded by saying he should not have gone on ToT even though he was tall enough.

Colexis Mom 06-18-2010 07:37 PM

Great day at the Studios! Sorry it took so long to get back to your room!

MickeyMAC 06-18-2010 07:39 PM

Great updates. We loved the Toy Story ride also, just wish the wait was not so long.

sc507 06-18-2010 09:32 PM

Wow - an altercation between 2 drivers caused them to delay all the buses? Sounds like some pretty poor planning to me!! You really got a lot done at HS - this is the one park we never seem to get to everything we want....

floydfamily4 06-18-2010 09:45 PM

Just finished reading your report. We had our first family trip last November. Definately can't wait to go back! Glad you are having such a great time with your family.

mcc0313 06-18-2010 11:39 PM

Sounds like a great extra day at AK and a wonderful date night. Sorry that you missed some things on your list at DHS but it is always nice to have something to look forward to for the next trip. TSMM is a great ride, we love it. Sorry that the trip is coming to an end, can't wait to hear about your last day I am sure you had tons of fun.

KMB733 06-19-2010 09:09 AM

Great updates!!!

lissybri 06-19-2010 12:06 PM

Great updates. I'm glad you enjoyed AK so much. We didn't really like it much our first time, but every time we go back we like it more and more. Sorry you had to wait so long for a bus. More please.

JoJayMom 06-19-2010 03:39 PM

Great update!! So glad you were able to get FP's for Toy Story!! We love that ride!!!

minushka72 06-19-2010 06:30 PM

Just made it through your trip report so far. I love reading bout people's first trips to the World especially an adult. I was 28 when I went for the first time with my husband. POFQ is amazing and our favorite resort. Cannot wait to read about your last day. Sorry it had to end.

elisa1006 06-19-2010 07:36 PM

Great updates.

My family was also at MK on Sunday. Reading your report brought back memories. :)

Sorry you had to miss Fantasmic and had such a long wait for the bus!!!

hhawkins 06-21-2010 10:19 AM

Day 6 & 7 - Magic Kingdom and Home

June 12-13, 2010 – Day 6 & 7 Magic Kingdom & Home (Last Day)

We woke up on our last park with heavy hearts knowing that by this same time in the morning we would already be on a plane deade4d back to St. Louis, MO. We did take a little extra time getting ready this morning. Even took time this morning to have breakfast at the POFQ food court. Candi had French toast which she said was okay. The boys shared Mickey Waffles which were very cute and tasted good. I had a western omelet that was really good. After a little packing we caught a bus bound for the MK. When we had been there on Sunday, the rest of the family had not even been to Tommorrowland, so that was our first goal. Candi and I did TL during EMH, but everyone else had gone back to the resort. However, we had another goal to accomplish as soon as we got there.

It was time for Clay to have his first haircut and creating that memory at MK was not something we could pass up. When we arrived is was about 11:00 a.m. and there was a parade going on, so we did not make it very far. As soon as that was over and we could move, we headed straight to the Barber Shop for Clay’s first haircut. There was almost no wait and he was next. He did so good, but honestly he did not know what was coming. He just set there and let her cut away as mom sat there and cried. First haircuts are such an emotion thing anyway and Clay has VERY blond hair and it is VERY curly ion the back. The barber promised not to cut off all the curls, just trim it up. She even saved the clipping and some pixie dust and wrapped it up for us to take. He was so cute and with his new “First Haircut” Mickey Ears, you could not help but smile.

Now we were off for TL and to get FP for Space Mountain. I ran ahead to get them and meet them back at Stitch. I had already rode it so I took Clay and we did the TTA. We got stuck on the ride because someone got out inside SM, or so they said. It took about 15 minutes to get it going again. When we got off I stopped at a CS to get a FREE ice water when stitch came up for the best character interaction I had the whole trip.

He pounded on the counter and the cashier asked him what he wanted. He made a drinking motion and she asked if he could pay. He pointed to me. I said, “I am not paying” and he made some huffy motion and then came up to me for a picture opportunity. Lot of fun and totally spontaneous. It was over almost before it started, but great fun and a magical experience.

We meet them back at the entrance of Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Candi, the boys and I did that while Mom and Sarah shopped. We though the show was very cute. When it was over we boarded the Carrousel of Progress. I have to say, that was one of my very favorite ride, if you can call it that, in all of Disney. So much fun to see the different scenes. I left humming that song, and annoyed the family the rest of the day. “We have a great big beautiful tomorrow . . .”

Jaron wanted to ride the TTA so we picked up FP to Buzz Light-year and got on the TTA. After a relaxing ride it is 12:30. We have had a morning of almost no lines and not it is time for our ADR at the Crystal Palace. We headed over and were seated quickly. Almost as soon as we were seated Piglet came by. Clay and Jaron both knew Winnie the Pooh, but not as well as they did Mickey and Minnie at CM, but they still had a great time interacting with them. The food at Crystal Palace was pretty good. Had a huge selection of salads. Over all there was nothing that stands our food wise. Everything was good, nothing wow. B ut we did not pay for a 4-star meal.

After lunch we headed back to TL. Mom and Sarah rode SM and we did Buzzlightyear. It was fun, but after Toy Story at HS, it just can’t compare. Mom and Sara headed back to the POFQ and and we decided to get a frozen lemonade and take a ride on the train. We had not been to Camp Mickey Minnie and made a not to visit there later. After circling the park, we left to head back to POFQ as well.

When we got back, we tried to nap. The boys were just to excited. So Candi took them for one last swim while I packed a few things. Mom and I also headed down to guest services to pay our bill and take one last pass through the gift shop. I had two children table service meals left and stopped in the FQ. The lady at the counter converted them to children CS credit and I got the kids a couple kids meals. We also had two adult CS meals that we would not be using and she let me convert each of them to 3 snack credits each. I so got lots of Mickey Rice treats to take home. We still hade three more SC and I though we would use them in the park that night.

By the time we got back to the room, Candi had come back and was getting the boys dressed. They were hungry after swimming and gobbled down the kids meals I just got. Then we headed back to MK for the night.

When we got there we got right on the train and rode to Camp Mickey Minnie. It was crowded but the boys had fun in the playground. We walked though Mickey’s house and Donald’s boat. Jaron wanted a sward, and by that time it was about 8:30. We had reservations for the Fireworks Dessert Party at the TL Noodle Terrace, so we headed over to get in line. We all got bracelets and a card with a letter. We would be on section c. They did not seat until a little after 9:00 p.m.. Everyone was seated at one time. That made the rush to the buffet very crazy. By the time I made my first trip, it was cleared out of desserts almost. So I had to come back. The desserts were good, but the only thing that stood out as really good were the chocolate covered strawberries. I had several. I never got a crème Brule. They never brought out enough. One think that I though was missing was ice cream. It was hot and the cool treat would have been nice. One thing we learned was that if you left anything on the table and left for even a moment, they would clear everything away. I was happy we picked up our table tent with our name, or they might have thrown it away too.

There was a PP photographer there and we got a couple pictures. Then it was about time for the fireworks. From our sets we had a great view seated or at the rail. This would be the 2nd time for Candi and I to see them, but they were awesome. Clay was scared of the loud noise, so I held his ears at the table. We were full, but there were still desserts on the buffet after the fireworks. We hung around to let the crowd clear. Mom and Sarah were headed back to the POFQ and they offered to take the boys. Jaron wanted to stay, but Clay went with them.

Tonight was our last night and it was also EMH at MK and we were going to take advantage of it. Jaron had mentioned earlier that he wanted to ride the race cars, so that is where we went. The line was not to long. He ride with me and Candi in a car all her own. I controlled the gas and let Jaron steer. He s only 4 and he was awful. This was the worst whiplash I got on any ride all week.

We decided to just let Jaron dictate the rest of the night. Next he wanted to ride the teacups, so we did. Then as we passed Pooh, he wanted to ride that. Then he said he wanted to ride Peter Pan. There were no FP, they may not even have the in EMH. The cue said 20 minutes, but I think it was more like 45 minutes. Jaron fell asleep in line, and we knew our night was almost over. We were tires and our magic was almost over, and Jaron was getting VERY heavy.

We decided to end our night with a Disney class. One last ride on It’s a Small World. I almost rode in tears knowing that it was almost over, and I did still do not know when we will get to come back. Then it was done.

We gathered our stuff, cut through Liberty square and headed out. We did buy a few suveniors on the way out. It was after midnight and I new my mom would be worried sick. The Magical Express was scheduled to pick us up at 3:00 a.m. to take us back to the airport. It was 1:30 by the time we got back and we had not finished packing yet.

Needless to say, ZERO sleep for us. We got everything loaded and a bellman came at 2:45 to get our luggage. At 3:00 a.m. we were back where our adventure started, standing in front of the POFQ with a bus.

It was a somber ride back to the airport. Very little talking. We tried to sleep. Before we knew it we were on the plane headed back. It would be a long journey. The boys did not want to sleep and we did. It made things rough. Once we got back to St. Louis we still hade a 5 hour drive back to Arkansas and I had a sermon o preach the next morning at church.

All that planning, now we are back home.

MickeyMAC 06-21-2010 11:19 AM

Great trip report. Your trip sounded very magical and full of adventure. Thanks for sharing all your magical moments with us. Hope you made it home and could stay awake until after your morning sermon. I'm sure naps were probably the order of the day.