PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums - View Single Post - Arkansas Family 7-Night Frist Blast in Disney (A Trip Report)
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
hhawkins
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 1

Post Thanks / Like
Arkansas Family 7-Night Frist Blast in Disney (A Trip Report)

First Disney Trip Ever (June 4-12, 2010)

Planning and Introductions

Let me start with an introduction. I am the planner in the group, Heath. I was on the board, reading the books and making all the plans for our trip. I picked the trip date and park dates, even made the final selections and reservation for dining. Also on the trip would be my wife Candi, our two sons Jaron (4 yrs) and Clay (2 yrs), Mom Audrey (who paid for the trip—resort, tickets, flight) and my younger sister Sarah.

This would be the first trip to Disney for all except my wife who had gone MANY years ago. My family always wanted to go, but could never seem to find the money when we were all at home. My father passed away last year and my dear mom said, she would not waste another year. She was going to take her grandbabies to Disney.

We selected the days June 6-12 as out trip in hopes that we would beat the height of the summer crowds and maybe the July heat.

After much discussion we selected Port Orleans French Quarter as our resort. It was my first choice from the start and everyone else came to the same decision. We made our room reservation in October on 2009. We would be in two rooms and requested a connecting room, close to the mail building.

I book our flight in December for AirTran through CheapO’Air. We reserved round trip with 5 seats (littlest one was a lap passenger) for $1,200. I thought we did pretty well.

We also made all our dining reservations between 170-180 days out and had no problems getting what we wanted.

I will review everything we did day-by-day in my report. I hope you will keep checking back and reading to see how our very first Disney trip went.

June 2014 Trip Report - 8 Days Without the Kiddos (15th Anniversary Trip)

Trip Repot - First Disney Trip Ever - June 2010
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring Break Break in Walt Disney World
We are having a blast!
My Previous TripsJune 2010, June 2014 (15th Anniversary Trip), June 2015

Last edited by hhawkins; 06-14-2010 at 12:38 PM..